The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

11 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I would like to make a swap: 

Out: Bleed

In: Pier Solar and the Great Architects

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a NPC to talk to and a Platinum to earn. 

I'll be back in 5 minutes. 

What, no way........!! I hope this means what I think it means!! Go Arcesius GOOOOOOOO!!

Edit: yep I just checked your profile and you def got it!! So happy for you bud, I knew you had it in you!! Woohoo! Congrats on that very hard earned plat, you deserve it. I'm glad this is no longer the thorn in your side, you must have been in BEASTMODE!!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

If we’re nominating new Bounties, I would suggest all 3 Project Diva 100% titles on PS3. The ones where you have to get perfect on Extreme.

https://psnprofiles.com/series/122-hatsune-miku

There’s also Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Servers are down, but that is the only game that can still be platinumed. If you start that now, it’s arguably the hardest one to date as you have to do everything by yourself.

Theres also Green Day: Rock Band which has the hardest drum lessons to do and Beatles: Rock Band which is slightly easier, but still hard in that regard.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

If we’re nominating new Bounties, I would suggest all 3 Project Diva 100% titles on PS3. The ones where you have to get perfect on Extreme.

https://psnprofiles.com/series/122-hatsune-miku

There’s also Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Servers are down, but that is the only game that can still be platinumed. If you start that now, it’s arguably the hardest one to date as you have to do everything by yourself.

Theres also Green Day: Rock Band which has the hardest drum lessons to do and Beatles: Rock Band which is slightly easier, but still hard in that regard.

I think for that genre in particular only one entry, max 2 are good enough, because a lot of them are nasty hard xD 

We also do not offer medical support in case of broken controllers and moral loss caused by the Japanese rhythm games?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

I'm fine with Star Ocean 4 not being added but I would like to defend the game's plat and grindy games in general. And I guess to me, this event is the Ultra Rare Cleanup, not the Ultra Hard Cleanup. Ultra Long games are a thing too.

Grindy games may not test your skills or reflexes, but they can certainly test your patience and persistence.

Oh, I did not mean to sound like I look down on grindy games. I know that they can test your patience to the extreme and yes they are in a class of their own. In no way did I consider something like "meh, Star Ocean 4 is some joke of a game". In fact I'd never do a game like that because of the sheer patience that you need with it, to be completely honest xD

However...The Most Wanted list's purpose is to have a certain set of games that would give you serious troubles even if you have the skills, patience, determination and perseverance, if you catch my meaning. As in, yes you have the mad experience, the reflexes, the patience of a saint and so on, but input the command one millisecond too late and that's it, gotta do it again. Even with the best layout plan, with the textbook roadmap, the guides, everything, you still screw up. And it's 100% on you.

At least that was the idea when we thought this Most Wanted list :) 

NOTE: So far nobody complained yet, but if anyone thinks we should REMOVE a Most Wanted game, let us know (with good reason why, of course).

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

And I guess to me, this event is the Ultra Rare Cleanup, not the Ultra Hard Cleanup. Ultra Long games are a thing too.

[...]

Some other grindy games I think about are White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, Mugen Souls, or even Fortnite. Each of these takes hundreds and hundreds of hours as well. If I see these games completed on someone's list, I do not discount them just because the actual tasks needed to get the plat are easy. These plats require a level of dedication beyond that of your ordinary UR plat. And if we want to think about it in an opportunity cost sense, these people spend all this time monotonously platting these games when they could have spent that time playing different games that they might enjoy more.

Grindy games may not test your skills or reflexes, but they can certainly test your patience and persistence.

Yes, you are absolutely right about what you write. This is a UR cleanup event, and all UR games count :) The reason doesn't matter, at least this year it doesn't. And I agree, a huge grind such as the games you mention, test the player in some ways, be it enduring the monotony, having the patience, etc..

Nobody is discrediting the effort it takes to plat Star Ocean 4, believe me! If anything, @Baker's statement above about this being his proudest plat speaks for itself, especially given what other games he has completed (and you as well!). 

BUT, we created the Most Wanted list with the following thought: 

On 23.12.2020 at 10:31 AM, Copanele said:
  1. In addition, we have put Bounties on specific tough as nails UR games that we believe only the best can complete. These games will raise an additional sum (hence give you more “points”) and will secure you a place in the Hall of Fame

Our goal with that list was clear. Including games (resp. rewarding players for completen games) that truly test your skill, not necessarily your patience. Now, it might be that we overvalued some games, as stated above with Nuclear Throne and Badland, that's our bad.. but our intentions were clear :) 

P.S. Aaaand I see that @Copanele was quicker 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Since people are nominating new most wanted, I'd like to nominate Tetris Effect. Tetris is known by everyone and is a game that requires a lot of dedication to get good at. Often taking up several hundreds of hours in practise just to build muscle memory to get a fast sprint time.

I would agree with this.  I've been working on this for nearly 2 years with sprint as the only thing left to do, and I'm still over 5 seconds off.  

Edit: and that's what I get for not reading all the posts before commenting.  lol.  Copanele ninja'd me (ok it was an hour ago, maybe they are a slow ninja ?.) 

On the bright side, this does give me some motivation to make sure Copanele  Mori and Arcesius are a bit poorer ?

Edited by Together_Comic

10 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

I would agree with this.  I've been working on this for nearly 2 years with sprint as the only thing left to do, and I'm still over 5 seconds off.  

Edit: and that's what I get for not reading all the posts before commenting.  lol.  Copanele ninja'd me (ok it was an hour ago, maybe they are a slow ninja 1f605.png.) 

On the bright side, this does give me some motivation to make sure Copanele and Arcesius are a bit poorer 1f608.png

Heh, ninja activated :ninja: Wanted to tell, Arcesius and Mori are the actual masterminds behind the good cause event :D 

Good luck with Tetris :> 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Question. Maybe its too early now but. If there is a Ultra rare clean up 2022. Will it be like a continue from this year or completely new one?

We haven't discussed this yet, but I think it would be a different event. You guys have provided feedback that we (or whoever decides to host the event) would want to take into consideration when coming up with the event structure. 

But yeah, I think it is a bit too early to say. Why are you asking? :) 

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

We haven't discussed this yet, but I think it would be a different event. You guys have provided feedback that we (or whoever decides to host the event) would want to take into consideration when coming up with the event structure. 

But yeah, I think it is a bit too early to say. Why are you asking? :) 

Just curious :)

I was also going to suggest Tetris Effect among all this discussion, so I'm glad it was added! Overall, that seems like a pretty good list of new bounties. I'll agree that Taiko: Drum Session is a beast of a rhythm game (and quite fun, imo) and should be a contender for the bounty list.

Maybe this will light a fire under me to put more progress into Tetris, but I've been lazy and was somewhat waiting for that fancy multiplayer update this Summer.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, Arcesius said:

Until... yesterday. I don't know what it was, but after I finished Splasher, I was calm. In the evening, I fired up the game and.. something was different. I was failing, sure, but I wasn't getting frustrated... In fact, I couldn't stop trying! 

Splasher is such a great game to really level up your patience and focus without being excessively daunting. Congrats on both that and Pier Solar! I'm really glad to see more people enjoying this severely underlooked gem of a platformer. Does the RPG portion of Pier Solar offer any challenge? It definitely seems like an interesting game.

Edited by AuburnDRM
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

Does the RPG portion of Pier Solar offer any challenge? It definitely seems like an interesting game.

IMO it was not too bad, maybe 4 or 5/10 at most! A decent challenge, but nothing too crazy. It really nails the good old-school JRPG feel, a la FFVI (FF3, if you are from the states like me)! If you think you are able to handle the Eternal Slip minigame, this one gets very high recommendations from me!

And that concludes my 2 cents you didn't necessarily ask for! I hope that helps you anyway ?

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Dirt rally 2.0 and need for speed 2015 100% are good picks for most wanted list as well if yall are still open for more suggestions.

Yeah i think so too. Need for Speed 2015 is hard and time consuming to complete so perfect for the Bounty list

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Dirt rally 2.0 and need for speed 2015 100% are good picks for most wanted list as well if yall are still open for more suggestions. 

4 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yeah i think so too. Need for Speed 2015 is hard and time consuming to complete so perfect for the Bounty list

Thanks for the suggestions :) We had discussed those two games already at the start of the event though, but good try bringing them up again ?

With the following conclusion: 

On 27.12.2020 at 0:38 PM, Copanele said:

It will not be a top 10 list, but I don't think NFS and Dirt Rally should be added either. The list might be still updated later on, it's not a definite list.

I believe that @Mori completed both games and was against adding them to the list as well, but we'll reconsider them :) 

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I believe that @Mori completed both games and was against adding them to the list as well, but we'll reconsider them :) 

I was against NFS because it is more frustrating and at times unfair, but Dirt Rally 2.0. would be a great addition. The DLC is among my proudest trophies I've achieved on Playstation so far.

14 minutes ago, Mori said:

I was against NFS because it is more frustrating and at times unfair, but Dirt Rally 2.0. would be a great addition. The DLC is among my proudest trophies I've achieved on Playstation so far.

What makes it so hard?