RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

On 27/04/2021 at 10:54 PM, fisty123 said:

@Psy-Tychist

Genshin impact PS5 version is getting a full trophy list instead of a non plat list, I won't have this version finished when it releases in a few hours but can I remove my PS4 non plat version with only a handful of trophies list from the leaderboard and add the PS5 version with a plat and way more trophies instead. the PS4 version is getting the same trophies but as DLC and no plat so it makes sense to add the PS5 version when I finish it.

To add, the trophies I am missing will take a while it's areas I neglected and there is limited amount you can do per week.

The trophies may pop retroactively for it. Waiting for confirmation on this but I've seen it mentioned a couple times online now.

On 29/04/2021 at 4:45 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

The trophies may pop retroactively for it. Waiting for confirmation on this but I've seen it mentioned a couple times online now.

It does but only to what you have earned, Look at my profile It will show both games not finished, the PS4 version got all DLC when the PS5 version got a platinum.
It's fine just would have been nice to get the plat instead of non plat.

The reason why I mentioned it all new trophies I am unlocking on the PS5 and the PS4 version is getting the autopop.

Edited by fisty123

On 2021-04-29 at 5:04 AM, TenebraZero said:

@Psy-Tychist Fate/Extella umbra and Link count for the contest? Both are mentioned as hack'n'slash but there Is a lv up like Classic RPG.

Well like stated in the rules none of the 3 sites have it listed as a RPG or such and more just plain action or HnS.

Plus I can tell you first hand that they are not a RPG or even have enough elements to be considered one because they only have a basic leveling/synthesis system like that because otherwise  then MOST of the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi would all count as a RPG by that definition which only Godseeker is like a RPG out of them.

• Like 1

Game #4 The Outer Worlds. Got the plat about 2 weeks ago but waited until i did the DLC before i posted here. Really good game, obsidian always delivers.

100 + 61 - 9.19 - 0 (got 2 trophies before the event started) = 151.81 pts.

DLC pack 1: 13 pts

DLC pack 2: 13 pts

• Like 4

On 21/04/2021 at 9:25 PM, AlterArchuria said:

I get what your saying but that brings up another question of are you now basing it on the trophy list over the actual version of the game then since that would be another tangent due to its not stated in the rules and be a whole different issue if based like that, since for example Atelier/HDN is as i have done them myself I know their list are the same but because of the additional content it actual is a bit different in some requirement for the trophies in those version like playing on a harder difficulty or doing DLC areas for example so even if it looks to be the same as the original if your just looking from the outside its actually a bit different on paper. Because if its based on its list difference vs version difference then wouldn't that create a whole other issue with games similarly like Caligula/Soul Sacrifice being the same game but different via improvements/dlc/additional content/etc wouldn't something along the lines of Persona 5 and its Royal version "technically" qualify being a slightly different list but the same time a also different game via a new character/story and if you do both and strikers it would then even qualify for the stacker points so you can see how even small changes could shift things. Plus even something in the future like what FF7 is doing with the PS5 version with the yuffie dlc vs the PS4 FF7 version or even the original could also cause issues depending how you look at it. While I don't mean to keep pushing the issue I just wanted a more clear cut answer and respect whatever you decide.

It's a difficult nut to crack because I know that there will be exceptions to the rule. Hard and fast rule is that stacking (either different region stacks or different system stacks) will only score points with the first game played. Remakes and Remasters will also only count for one of the games (eg Final Fantasy VII / Final Fantasy VII Remake) when played. 

Games where there is additional content added, but the trophy lists are exactly the same, only one game will count (eg Atelier Shallie DX/Plus).

With games like The Caligula Overdose, Soul Sacrifice, Persona 5 and even Atelier Meruru which share the same name but with different lists, only one version will count going forward to save confusion. Games like these are basically stacks but with extra content to give more to the experience, still with the same game underneath it all.

This will be in effect from now and be reflected in the OP. Any points scored for these games will not be retroactively removed. 

@fisty123 as much as the newer version of Genshin Impact comes with a Plat, the original on PS4 was the first stack you have played so only this one will count score-wise.

@Laburnski Does the Genshin Impact DLC all pop at the same time normally? I haven't played the game so have no idea what is involved with the DLC and whether the trophies relate to things that can be done in game before the trophies are released.

Will hopefully have everything updated later today.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@fisty123 as much as the newer version of Genshin Impact comes with a Plat, the original on PS4 was the first stack you have played so only this one will count score-wise.

@Laburnski Does the Genshin Impact DLC all pop at the same time normally? I haven't played the game so have no idea what is involved with the DLC and whether the trophies relate to things that can be done in game before the trophies are released.

Will hopefully have everything updated later today.

This is done very differently to past DLC content, It's released DLC for already in game content, so if you have done all the in game content you will get the trophies right away but if you have not done it all then you need to do it for it to pop.
In game content is a lot of time investment to just treat this as an auto pop. The PS5 version however received all the trophies and a plat instead of DLC again it would only auto pop if you had already done it.

The added trophies are from in game achievements and should have always been PSN trophies, so in summary they are trophies that came late to a game that made you work to get them, its not an autopop unless you kept up to the date with the game.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

For my double point RPGS I would like atelier Lula (if that counts as an rpg) and ff7 remake. For my triple pointer I'm gonna choose sword art online hollow realisation!

Would like to change my double pointer to ff7 intergrade on PS5 when it comes out x)

On 04/05/2021 at 10:42 AM, Eternal_Rach said:

Update:

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings

100 + 70 - 27.01 +  50 (series stacker) = 192.99

Reverie

100 + 65 - 68.81 = 96.19

@Psy-Tychist It seems Reverie may have been missed from this update? Unless it doesn’t qualify.

Also have completed Asdivine Hearts II but I see you’ve already added that in for me so I won’t worry about posting scores for that one. Planning to spam a bit of Kemco before jumping into my next set of Ateliers. 

@Eternal_Rach Reverie doesn't qualify for points. It's rather weird as PSNP says it is an RPG, yet the other two sites say it is Action Adventure. Majority rules on this occasion.

Everyones points are now up to date as of yesterday.

On 07/05/2021 at 3:04 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

Would like to change my double pointer to ff7 intergrade on PS5 when it comes out x)

That has been changed in the spreadsheet. I am assuming you wanted to change Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Some big shakers and movers this month as @Warpedsavior and @Laburnski jumped several places with Warpedsavior now over 1000 points. The only person without any points now (besides me) is @willythom88 but I'm sure they'll get on the board soon.

@Jens still leads and there is only 100 points between 5th and 9th places.

Any games that everyone is looking forward to this year?

Edited by Psy-Tychist

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The Nocturne re-master, which I finally got around to pre-ordering (through Amazon) yesterday.

Even though I keep telling myself -- sometimes in these spaces -- that I need to stop playing re-masters because they seldom live up to my expectations and I don't enjoy them, and shouldn't push them to the front of my line (or sometimes into my line in any way, shape, matter, or form) because they're easy/easier points for this competition.

Now if you'll excuse me, I probably should go back to not enjoying Saga Frontier Re-Mastered.  ?

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Eternal_Rach Reverie doesn't qualify for points. It's rather weird as PSNP says it is an RPG, yet the other two sites say it is Action Adventure. Majority rules on this occasion.

Everyones points are now up to date as of yesterday.

That has been changed in the spreadsheet. I am assuming you wanted to change Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Some big shakers and movers this month as @Warpedsavior and @Laburnski jumped several places with Warpedsavior now over 1000 points. The only person without any points now (besides me) is @willythom88 but I'm sure they'll get on the board soon.

@Jens still leads and there is only 100 points between 5th and 9th places.

Indeed I will.  I briefly got distracted by Bravely Default 2 ( amazing, fyi, for switch owners) but I've put it on pause for a bit and intend to jump back into Tales of Hearts R today. Also been running through Kingdom Hearts 0.2 so I'm hoping to have some points in the board later this week or early next.)

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

My platinum #200, Persona 5 Royal. My only goal left in this event, trying to get it done while the event is still going :P Shouldn't be too difficult, but who knows.

Other than that... Dark Souls 3, kind of. Would be my first Souls platinum, my profile looks kind of janky without one. Better start lying to myself early to strengthen my sanity, right @Briste?

But how about you, OP? :P

On 5/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Of New games, I'm looking forward to Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise and the western release of Mary Skelter Finale(This time for both PS4 and Switch)

Of Old games, finally enjoying Utawarerumono Trilogy I'm been planning to play since last year.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

About new games Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise , Ratchet & Clank Rift apart and Horizon forbidden west.

Edited by TenebraZero