RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

Game #8 is doneso, farewell Swords of Ditto. What an annoying slog... it could've been so cute, but that's an annoying bundle of trophies dude.

100 + 3(B) + 18(S) + 42(G) - 7.74 = 155.26

One bronze trophy was "prepared" from testing it about half a year ago. With this being done I'll only have to keep old trophies in mind for Dark Souls 3 (for obvious reasons). That'll be nice :P

Edited by Jens
  • Like 4

What's the rule on new games? I know it states in the OP you get bonus points if you complete a game within 30 days of its release but what about the rarity/speed bonus. Do you need to wait a set amount of time for the % and speed leadeboard to stabilize?

On 19/05/2021 at 0:19 PM, xZoneHunter said:

What's the rule on new games? I know it states in the OP you get bonus points if you complete a game within 30 days of its release but what about the rarity/speed bonus. Do you need to wait a set amount of time for the % and speed leaderboard to stabilise?

The points are based on when you finish the game. If you finish within 30 days and are in the top 25 (regardless of whether there are 25 completions) when you do, you will score points for both.

Going to finally make use of my 3 callouts ^_^

@Jens - YS IX: Monstrum Nox (currently at 2% - stop being lazy dude :P ) 

@Briste - Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom (backlog game - a good one for after your plat rain!)

@Eternal_Rach - Rainbow Moon (currently 0%)  I wanted to also say your profile is amazing, all those wonderful RPGS!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The points are based on when you finish the game. If you finish within 30 days and are in the top 25 (regardless of whether there are 25 completions) when you do, you will score points for both.

Guess i'll miss out on some points then but oh well i'll post them now:

Mass effect 1: 100 + 60 - 17.61 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) = 242.39

Mass effect 2: 100 + 66 - 6.99 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 25 (series)= 284.01

Mass effect 3: 100 + 66 - 4.38 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 50 (series) = 311.62

Mass effect: Legendary edition: 75 + 21 - 0.10 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 75 (series) = 270.9

Would definitely recommend the trilogy if you haven't played them yet, remaster is the best way to play them. Includes all the DLC as well, which is a huge plus since the DLC does a lot, especially in Mass effect 3.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Briste - Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom (backlog game - a good one for after your plat rain!)

@Eternal_Rach - Rainbow Moon (currently 0%)  I wanted to also say your profile is amazing, all those wonderful RPGS!

Yeah, I should be able to work with that. That's what happens when you throw in a game just to see it in motion for a few minutes :P

You'll get my second callout then, but a little later. Gotta have to think for a while about what I'll choose.

Is there going to be some sort of mechanism or enforcement on Callouts as to not give certain players an extra advantage?  Quickly glancing at the spreadsheet, it seems to me that we've got some uneven numbers when it comes to how many games people have been called out for.  And while it might not make much of a difference in the end, it could give certain people a competitive advantage if there isn't an "evening up" if some have three games called out and others have none or one.

• Like 2

I'd say with the number of people who have callouts left to give out, that it should end up balancing out a bit more.  Looking at the spreadsheet it seems like no one has above 3 game callouts anyway and there is no guarantee that the called out game will be completed.  

I know we all had 3 callouts to give out, but maybe @Psy-Tychist can also use a limit of 3 callouts received per person too?

(I said callout way too much in those sentences)

I've not received one yet and I don't really mind that, I've kind of just been using the event as a way to motivate my way through some of my RPG backlog, plus I imagine that I don't really have much on my profile for people to choose from.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thank you!! I’ll admit I don’t often stray from the genre... except for the occasional LEGO game as I have an unhealthy obsession with those too. 

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I've not received one yet and I don't really mind that, I've kind of just been using the event as a way to motivate my way through some of my RPG backlog, plus I imagine that I don't really have much on my profile for people to choose from.

Well one good turn deserves another...@Mesopithecus I call you out on Final Fantasy VII Remake. You look to be two trophies in and as it was one of my favorite games last year...I think that number of trophies needs to go up! Good luck!

/edit might as well use my last call out now too. Looking over the spreadsheet, it looks like @Leon Castle doesn't have any call outs yet...and looking over your many games I noticed that Persona 4 Golden is sadly sitting at 1 trophy earned....so I call you out on P4G. I really enjoyed that game a lot and hope you do as well!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, acasser said:

Is there going to be some sort of mechanism or enforcement on Callouts as to not give certain players an extra advantage?  Quickly glancing at the spreadsheet, it seems to me that we've got some uneven numbers when it comes to how many games people have been called out for.  And while it might not make much of a difference in the end, it could give certain people a competitive advantage if there isn't an "evening up" if some have three games called out and others have none or one.

Given I am one with three call outs I shall add my thoughts,
I was under the impression you could call out three and receive three this season, last season I did not get one call out and still finished in the top scorers.

Yes there are three people who I speak with a tad more then others in this comp and in the end we all ended up calling each other out but the games we picked are not quick or easy or are known to be buggy. All up, all three call outs I was given if you played from start is over 250 hours, I have done on call out thus far and spent 40+ hours just grinding to achieve it.

• Like 1

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen

d59dcf06812889c1e314fa0f275f63d416217022

100 + 40 + 12 + 12 - 30.45 = 133.55 x 3 = 400.65

There's the 1st Utawarerumono and my triple point game done. Onwards to my double point games aka the sequels

16 hours ago, Briste said:

might as well use my last call out now too. Looking over the spreadsheet, it looks like @Leon Castle doesn't have any call outs yet...and looking over your many games I noticed that Persona 4 Golden is sadly sitting at 1 trophy earned....so I call you out on P4G. I really enjoyed that game a lot and hope you do as well!

That's right I have not been called out yet until now. I return to P4G then I'm done with the PS4 I planned to finish before doing all the PS3/PS Vita RPGs in my backlog.

• Like 4

On 22/05/2021 at 1:52 AM, acasser said:

As mentioned by others in the thread, 3 call outs per person is the maximum to allow other players to grab some bonuses.

So, @AlterArchuria, @AppleKratue, @fisty123, @Eternal_Rach, @Laburnski and @willythom88 all have 3 games nominated and cannot have anymore.

18 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Hey @Psy-Tychist

I was just looking at the points spreadsheet and noticed the points I had earned for Persona 5 Royal had been added on to Jens tab instead of my own.  Just wanted to make you aware so that can be fixed when you get a moment :) 

Thank you for noticing, I have amended it now, so you have over 1000 points now too!

Everyone has been updated, with @xZoneHunter jumping up to second place with all the Mass Effect games.

• Like 1