Resident Evil 25th Anniversary Title Closed Beta Test Registration

Aranea Highwind

Being a beta test it’s almost certain to be something online. Like a follow-up to Resistance or an online mode for RE8 (including the old characters and maybe locations would fit the 25th Anniversary thing)

Pretty sure there won’t be another remake of the original game. They’re working on RE8 and RE4 Remake (which they confirmed a while back) “Resident Evil: Remake Remake” would be a bit much.

13 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

“Resident Evil: Remake Remake” would be a bit much.

They would probably do a Resident Evil Remake Re-Imagining, just like how they did 2 and 3. However my guess is RE VIII or an online Resistance mode for RE VIII I think I will pass no matter what it is. I cannot do first person/tunnel vision, not a fan of online, and if it is a re-imagining of 1 i would hate to see how they would screw that up.

Good luck to anyone who signs up. Also Nioh 1 & 2 had beta test and while that game has online components it is mainly a single player game.

Edited by Void

The thing I've heard is it will be a beta for RE8's online. That seems likely to be on the mark, perhaps something like 90%. As for the other 10%... Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corp, Resistance... you get the picture. Honestly though I did like Resistance so if it's a better Resistance with characters, monsters, and villains across the series then I'm sure it'd be positively received.

Still though, that image that is being used for it. Bit odd to me. I get Jack Baker was quite popular, but front and centre popular?

11 hours ago, Void said:

However my guess is RE VIII or an online Resistance mode for RE VIII

OMG no way! Resistance is one of the worst experiences in RE universe! Pls never again... I hope this is more about the remake of RE4 or maybe a total new spin-off (like Revelation). After RE3 Remake I am more conservative and far from a hypetrain.

No idea what it is, RE1 and 0 have been sorta remastered, but there is no doubt that remakes in the RE engine would be awesome, the remasters have nothing on the RE engine, not sure why they are compared so close

Perhaps because RE1 is loved so much, imagining that game though, the mansion, the gameplay, everything in the RE engine gives goosebumpa xD

Who knows what this is, online only, a online component, but even if this isnt what want, there could be still be other mentions on the 21st, cant wait for that!!!