Mass Effect Legendary Edition

54 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They're not going to be able to skip over the 100% list, there's no way you can plat the 3 games without unlocking trophies on the 100% list as well

Yes you can. There is a separate save file that tracks kills across the trilogy. Delete that save file periodically and you can easily avoid this list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yes you can. There is a separate save file that tracks kills across the trilogy. Delete that save file periodically and you can easily avoid this list.

I'd actually love to see some kind of confirmation on this as I'm just wanting to play the first game (I've already played a ton of 2 & 3 back on PS3) and not have this list sitting at like 8% on my account forever all because I got 250 kills (a very odd trophy due to it having way lower requirements than any other trophy in this list). I saw there are several separate save files for this game such as "Gamer Profile" and "Trilogy Gamer Profile" and "Launcher Profile" and I wonder what each of them means and which one should be deleted. And if deleting it periodically actually prevents the trophy from unlocking or if it's actually counted in the games themselves rather than the shared file :hmm: 

Edited by BlindMango

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

Anyone who would gimp their playthrough to avoid the fourth list is gonna be missing out on the whole experience. I can't imagine going through the whole trilogy without engaging in a romance or importing a character between games.

Couldn't agree more. No-one should try avoid the 4th list trophies because the only way of doing so would be making your playthrough of each game as miserable a possible. 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

As opposed to those other trophy hunting activities that are a fantastic use of time?

Considering you'd have to delete your save about every 10 minutes, instead of just playing the game, yes it is a waste of time. Insanity on all 3 games isn't even that difficult either

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Considering you'd have to delete your save about every 10 minutes, instead of just playing the game, yes it is a waste of time.

You get fewer than 1000 kills in a full playthrough of Mass Effect, which means you have to delete your save about 3 or 4 times per playthrough. Once per main-story planet if you want to be safe. So unless you're beating the game in less than an hour, no you don't have to delete your save about every 10 minutes.

41 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Some people don't want a trophy list on their profile without a platinum, I'm one of them, so hope there is a work around for those that don't want it.

If not, I have the titles on the PS3 that I was holding off on, so might do them instead.

Sounds more to me that people don't want it on their profile because they don't want to do the insanity playthroughs. Because literally all the other trophies on that list are going to pop just playing the game normally. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Sounds more to me that people don't want it on their profile because they don't want to do the insanity playthroughs. Because literally all the other trophies on that list are going to pop just playing the game normally. 

I dare say it will for some, difficulty doesn't bother me.

I have no experience with the Mass Effect games so this maybe naive but is this separate list purely to take the Insanity playthrough out of the main games to make the platinum's easier?

If so, eurgh, I think I'll stick with the PS3 versions.

The only other question I have is, are the PS4 versions a huge leap over the PS3 in terms of gameplay?

3 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

I have no experience with the Mass Effect games so this maybe naive but is this separate list purely to take the Insanity playthrough out of the main games to make the platinum's easier?

If so, eurgh, I think I'll stick with the PS3 versions.

The only other question I have is, are the PS4 versions a huge leap over the PS3 in terms of gameplay?

If you never played the trilogy before, I would probably avoid the PS3 versions particularly ME1. As much as I like the trilogy, PS3 ME1 is a very grindy game. Requires 3 playthoughs which are unavoidable since difficulties are unlocked after beating the highest unlocked difficulty, not to mention the ally trophies that force you to use certain squad member for a majority of the game. PS4 ME1 has significantly reduced the grind. Only one playthrough is required for the plat and you can double down and do Insanity on top. Insanity has its challenges but you can save at any point in the game so even horrible players can sludge their way through. ME2 and ME3 trophies are basically the same. A bit reduced since the DLCs are included in the PS4 versions (Will need to buy the DLCs for the PS3 versions since they are not included in the Trilogy edition). PS3 ME3 also had a multiplayer element included which tied into the story. Not sure the status of the servers for that game or how long they will be up now that the PS4 versions are out.

Edited by BlueDragonRR
Multiplayer info for PS3 ME3
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:45 PM, FawltyPowers said:

Some people don't want a trophy list on their profile without a platinum, I'm one of them, so hope there is a work around for those that don't want it.

If not, I have the titles on the PS3 that I was holding off on, so might do them instead.

That's a shame, there are a fair few good games without Platinum trophies. Even though this is just an extra list instead of a game in itself.

Hi! I'm trying to unlock the trophy on 25 throws, but it doesn't come out. I just started the game xD

The barrier came out, made with Kaidan. I did the launch with him 25 times on Eden Prime at the point of interaction where it needs to be investigated. Not okay there? Do you necessarily need a terminal? (I read that just that).
I was reading old discussions that say you need a specific role for every skill, possible? Shouldn't it work with anyone with the required skill?

2 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Hi! I'm trying to unlock the trophy on 25 throws, but it doesn't come out. I just started the game xD

The barrier came out, made with Kaidan. I did the launch with him 25 times on Eden Prime at the point of interaction where it needs to be investigated. Not okay there? Do you necessarily need a terminal? (I read that just that).
I was reading old discussions that say you need a specific role for every skill, possible? Shouldn't it work with anyone with the required skill?

Are you trying to do it before or after patch 1.02?
Because I have the same issue with AI Hacking and Neural Shock abilities after the patch.

18 minutes ago, DORE145 said:

Are you trying to do it before or after patch 1.02?
Because I have the same issue with AI Hacking and Neural Shock abilities after the patch.

I started playing after installing 1.02

In my opinion there are skills that count only on enemies and skills that count only by making them even on an object that has the possibility of interaction (the blue circle icon appears). We just need to understand which ones xD

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

In my opinion there are skills that count only on enemies and skills that count only by making them even on an object that has the possibility of interaction (the blue circle icon appears). We just need to understand which ones xD

I might be able to help:

Neural Shock does not seem to work on a Citadel terminal, but it will work on the Mako.

AI Hacking does not work on a terminal either, needs to be on a turret or a Geth enemy.

Barrier & Singularity do not need a target, you can just spam these when available.

The rest should theoretically work on a Citadel terminal. However now that AI castings count towards the trophies, I would just use them throughout your playthrough while going for the five allied mission trophies. It was super easy and took no time at all. If you miss any (such as AI hacking), make a save right before a Geth battle and reload that (I did it on Noveria).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

I might be able to help:

Neural Shock does not seem to work on a Citadel terminal, but it will work on the Mako.

AI Hacking does not work on a terminal either, needs to be on a turret or a Geth enemy.

Barrier & Singularity do not need a target, you can just spam these when available.

The rest should theoretically work on a Citadel terminal. However now that AI castings count towards the trophies, I would just use them throughout your playthrough while going for the five allied mission trophies. It was super easy and took no time at all. If you miss any (such as AI hacking), make a save right before a Geth battle and reload that (I did it on Noveria).

I've already done some xD
Is it that easy with the other two mass effects too? :) 

6 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Is it that easy with the other two mass effects too? :) 

If you mean casting it on a terminal, I don't think that works in the next two games. But there are less power-related trophies and your teammate castings count, so just bring teammates with Overload/Warp/Incinerate on each mission.

20 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

If you mean casting it on a terminal, I don't think that works in the next two games. But there are less power-related trophies and your teammate castings count, so just bring teammates with Overload/Warp/Incinerate on each mission.

I understand. I haven't checked the trophies of the other two games well yet but I assumed they were a good number and asked :)
However, the trophies I unlocked today were made by having a teammate use the skills. So it works like that too ?

35 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

However, the trophies I unlocked today were made by having a teammate use the skills. So it works like that too 1f600.png

Yep I am very happy Bioware not only dropped the requirements for the power count from 75 to 25, but made it so ally castings counted in the first game. Quite the QoL improvement for a quicker platinum.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 14/05/2021 at 9:14 PM, NathanielJohn said:

How did you avoid the romance trophy, I've never played it so was wondering incase I accidentally start one

4 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

How did you avoid the romance trophy, I've never played it so was wondering incase I accidentally start one

I just didn't romance anyone. It's not really something you have to worry about accidentally doing -- you have to specifically be trying to romance someone. If late-game (e.g., right before the final mission) someone comes up to you with wide doe-eyes and asks "hey, wanna spend some time with me in my cabin?", say no.