Resident Evil Re:Verse

On 1/24/2021 at 7:15 AM, mcnichoj said:

I got one for Xbox on my main email a few hours after the showcase happened. I tried signing up with an alt account for a PS4 beta invite and still nothing.

Likewise. I was an ambassador but I guess they're revamping the entire site which forces you to sign up again to access the beta. Either way, it won't be a huge loss if I don't get to play it considering it doesn't hold my interest that much. 

18 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I dont know why people are complaining, looks fine enough to me

Because the last 2 Multiplayer RE games (umbrella corps and Resistance) Were imo pretty bad in terms of quality and not really what the majority of RE fans wanted i would say. This just looks like something they whipped up in a quickie so they could drop along side village and for the 25th anniversary. Don't get me wrong im gonna try out the beta but i doubt im going to enjoy it considering i didn't enjoy the last two. 

Resistance was actually better than expected honestly - playing as survivor with a group was fun and mastermind gameplay was something different and really interesting.

Umbrella Corps on the other hand... only bearable with some friends. This game's "single player story mode" was the worst excuse for a single player I have ever seen in my life. Colecting samples, followed by collecting samples, followed by collecting samples...

Multiplayer in Umbrella Corps tried to collect nostalgia points for including locations from classic RE games but it didn't help much.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Resistance was actually better than expected honestly - playing as survivor with a group was fun and mastermind gameplay was something different and really interesting.

Umbrella Corps on the other hand... only bearable with some friends. This game's "single player story mode" was the worst excuse for a single player I have ever seen in my life. Colecting samples, followed by collecting samples, followed by collecting samples...

Multiplayer in Umbrella Corps tried to collect nostalgia points for including locations from classic RE games but it didn't help much.

I will say playing resistance with a squad off my mates was actually alright and we did have some good laughs. But after the first couple of days we got kinda sick of it. And early in the games life mastermind was hard for me at least since leveling up to get some decent stuff took a while and if the survivors knew what they were doing they would win most of the time. But hey if you enjoyed it don't let me take that away from you, just personally wasn't my thing. I do know that game still has a small base of dedicated players which is cool for them. But in general that game did fall pretty early on. But yeah umbrella corps......we don't talk about

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jakD_710 said:

Because the last 2 Multiplayer RE games (umbrella corps and Resistance) Were imo pretty bad in terms of quality and not really what the majority of RE fans wanted i would say. This just looks like something they whipped up in a quickie so they could drop along side village and for the 25th anniversary. Don't get me wrong im gonna try out the beta but i doubt im going to enjoy it considering i didn't enjoy the last two. 

it's free and it's a collage of resi characters, seems harmless enough

7 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

it's free and it's a collage of resi characters, seems harmless enough

It’s very low-effort and to be quite frank, embarrassing that they release this type of product. I would never had let this go through if I was running the show, it makes your name/image look bad, seriously it’s like they put assets into whatever engine they use and that was it... couldn’t have been more than 5-10 minutes to make this junk bloatware. 

17 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Time and resources better spent on other things.

still harmless

16 hours ago, MarknessWPG said:

It’s very low-effort and to be quite frank, embarrassing that they release this type of product. I would never had let this go through if I was running the show, it makes your name/image look bad, seriously it’s like they put assets into whatever engine they use and that was it... couldn’t have been more than 5-10 minutes to make this junk bloatware. 

disagreed

6 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

still harmless

disagreed

The issue is they try to hand off shovelware onto the consumer in order to make you feel like you’ve gotten more value from your 80+ dollar single-player purchase. Capcom is greedy, they put out good content but this padded-on low-effort dlc/extra content they give to you is borderline insulting. 

On 1/27/2021 at 7:48 PM, MarknessWPG said:

The issue is they try to hand off shovelware onto the consumer in order to make you feel like you’ve gotten more value from your 80+ dollar single-player purchase. Capcom is greedy, they put out good content but this padded-on low-effort dlc/extra content they give to you is borderline insulting. 

I guess but I still don't see it as a big deal

On 2021-01-27 at 5:53 PM, SealedCard said:

Nobody knows yet, but my guess is that yes, there will be a platinum and it will be a separate trophy list.

I sure hope so. If the game ends up sucking, having a platinum trophy would be one redeemable feature at least. It’s nice having it exist as its own thing with a separate trophy list too, nobody wants a bunch of grindy ass multiplayer trophies tacked on in some pointless DLC.

Alright, going to post a thread here detailing some info from memory (most of this should be accurate) as I loved Resistance which got this treatment and Re:verse from what I've been hearing off impressions of the beta (and what I've seen online) appears like it may be solid, if likely unbalanced (I'll get to that).

- Comic filter can be turned off. The question you might then have is why have it all as universally people think it makes the game look worse. If I had to take a guess it is because the game is dark. These type of games as far as I know are not normally this dark. Playing with the comic filter brightens everything up meaning it ultimately you could say is the optimal way to play, but if you want to have it be Resident Evil and dark, then you can.

- The game's gameplay is the Remake games yes, however it is obviously sped up to make it more able to function as this type of game. The trailer was bad with it's showing so many people using handguns which in game have infinite ammo and are weak and inaccurate as you should be using your personal weapon which has ammo limits and are far more effective.

- Game has a nice scoring system. Kills start at 20 points as a human and goes up as your kill streak rises, topping out I hear at 8 kill streak where you're getting 40 for a kill. BOWs earn points at a reduced rate, 13 instead of 20 at the first kill. A real nice thing with the system is when you die a marker will go on your killer, making them your revenge target. If you kill that person in your next life then you get your kill streak back. This is easier to do as a monster as you spawn right near your killer, but people who die as monsters look like they can see the icon at distance so they know where to find them. Note however that there is no assists so kill stealing is going to be a big thing no doubt. Oh and no, you can't wait on revivals and just waste people as they spawn, as people are invincible for a short while.

- Human characters all have a passive and two active skills. There are some standouts but everyone is largely playable outside perhaps Ada from has been played. Unlike other characters her personal weapon is a Crossbow you have to reload after every shot and it's damage seems too low. In theory yes, the idea is she is a headshot character but the game is by accounts not an easy one to score headshots on so that is a problem. Her active skills both have knock downs so in theory if quick and accurate enough you can knock someone down and headshot them. One of her active skills covers long range, the other close range (perhaps too close as the thing really lacks range), however their damage combined with the crossbow is poor. I saw gameplay where someone hit both active skills and body shot a guy on the floor with the crossbow and that wasn't a kill. Combining 3 skills like that simply should be a kill. Obviously from what I laid out you can tell that it ain't like you can't win with her, but she takes a lot more effort than other characters to get kills. I should note that in theory on PC with the mouse she might become a really good character. On console... maybe that Gyro aiming system would help her, though the game likely won't have that (not heard the Beta having it).

-Speaking of weapons. There are special 1 shot weapons around the map. Grenade Launcher, Acid Launcher, Spark Shot, Rocket Launcher is what I've seen. You can carry up to two of them.

- BOWs don't have passives but have two active skills, which don't really have cooldown but take from your health. BOWs also lose health overtime though that health loss won't kill them, instead putting them a hit away from death. They have more health than humans but not crazily so don't think you're unstoppable just because you're Nemesis. What you become depends on how many canisters you get, which for humans also boost your damage and stamina regen by the way. No canisters makes you a Fat Molded. 1 canister makes you Hunter Gamma/Jack. 2 canisters make you Nemesis/Super Tyrant. Outside the Fat Molded the rest all have an instant kill attack which people unsure on how to exactly trigger. The attacks list enemies being "critical" so there might be a health component but people are unsure on that. Having someone knocked down seems a sure fire way to hit it though. Notable instant kills appear to be Super Tyrants as he might side step all this with his impalement as long as you hit it. Nemesis has more range than others and it's all around him so that seems nice. These instant kills all have a special kill animation but thankfully you are invincible when doing them. From what I've seen the BOWs might be imbalanced too with Gamma/Jack if not more effective than those above them, are at least just as effective. 

- Stamina. Each character gets either 3 or 2 dodges it seems. They regen back if given time. They are obviously very important though note that dodges do not render you invincible within the animation, you still take damage if hit, albeit at a reduced rate. For those who like dodging Clair is built around dodging while Jill has a dodge attack. 

-Maps. The one seen is the RPD and some shrinking of certain things has clearly occurred to give players more room, however the map does try for accuracy and that might actually work against it as from what I've been seeing, people think that the map is simply not suited for this type of gameplay. 

-It's a Beta so who knows in the actual game but no progression system has been seen unlike in Resistance where it was clear characters could change personal skills and equip generic skills.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Alright, going to post a thread here detailing some info from memory (most of this should be accurate) as I loved Resistance which got this treatment and Re:verse from what I've been hearing off impressions of the beta (and what I've seen online) appears like it may be solid, if likely unbalanced (I'll get to that).

- Comic filter can be turned off. The question you might then have is why have it all as universally people think it makes the game look worse. If I had to take a guess it is because the game is dark. These type of games as far as I know are not normally this dark. Playing with the comic filter brightens everything up meaning it ultimately you could say is the optimal way to play, but if you want to have it be Resident Evil and dark, then you can.

- The game's gameplay is the Remake games yes, however it is obviously sped up to make it more able to function as this type of game. The trailer was bad with it's showing so many people using handguns which in game have infinite ammo and are weak and inaccurate as you should be using your personal weapon which has ammo limits and are far more effective.

- Game has a nice scoring system. Kills start at 20 points as a human and goes up as your kill streak rises, topping out I hear at 8 kill streak where you're getting 40 for a kill. BOWs earn points at a reduced rate, 13 instead of 20 at the first kill. A real nice thing with the system is when you die a marker will go on your killer, making them your revenge target. If you kill that person in your next life then you get your kill streak back. This is easier to do as a monster as you spawn right near your killer, but people who die as monsters look like they can see the icon at distance so they know where to find them. Note however that there is no assists so kill stealing is going to be a big thing no doubt. Oh and no, you can't wait on revivals and just waste people as they spawn, as people are invincible for a short while.

- Human characters all have a passive and two active skills. There are some standouts but everyone is largely playable outside perhaps Ada from has been played. Unlike other characters her personal weapon is a Crossbow you have to reload after every shot and it's damage seems too low. In theory yes, the idea is she is a headshot character but the game is by accounts not an easy one to score headshots on so that is a problem. Her active skills both have knock downs so in theory if quick and accurate enough you can knock someone down and headshot them. One of her active skills covers long range, the other close range (perhaps too close as the thing really lacks range), however their damage combined with the crossbow is poor. I saw gameplay where someone hit both active skills and body shot a guy on the floor with the crossbow and that wasn't a kill. Combining 3 skills like that simply should be a kill. Obviously from what I laid out you can tell that it ain't like you can't win with her, but she takes a lot more effort than other characters to get kills. I should note that in theory on PC with the mouse she might become a really good character. On console... maybe that Gyro aiming system would help her, though the game likely won't have that (not heard the Beta having it).

-Speaking of weapons. There are special 1 shot weapons around the map. Grenade Launcher, Acid Launcher, Spark Shot, Rocket Launcher is what I've seen. You can carry up to two of them.

- BOWs don't have passives but have two active skills, which don't really have cooldown but take from your health. BOWs also lose health overtime though that health loss won't kill them, instead putting them a hit away from death. They have more health than humans but not crazily so don't think you're unstoppable just because you're Nemesis. What you become depends on how many canisters you get, which for humans also boost your damage and stamina regen by the way. No canisters makes you a Fat Molded. 1 canister makes you Hunter Gamma/Jack. 2 canisters make you Nemesis/Super Tyrant. Outside the Fat Molded the rest all have an instant kill attack which people unsure on how to exactly trigger. The attacks list enemies being "critical" so there might be a health component but people are unsure on that. Having someone knocked down seems a sure fire way to hit it though. Notable instant kills appear to be Super Tyrants as he might side step all this with his impalement as long as you hit it. Nemesis has more range than others and it's all around him so that seems nice. These instant kills all have a special kill animation but thankfully you are invincible when doing them. From what I've seen the BOWs might be imbalanced too with Gamma/Jack if not more effective than those above them, are at least just as effective. 

- Stamina. Each character gets either 3 or 2 dodges it seems. They regen back if given time. They are obviously very important though note that dodges do not render you invincible within the animation, you still take damage if hit, albeit at a reduced rate. For those who like dodging Clair is built around dodging while Jill has a dodge attack. 

-Maps. The one seen is the RPD and some shrinking of certain things has clearly occurred to give players more room, however the map does try for accuracy and that might actually work against it as from what I've been seeing, people think that the map is simply not suited for this type of gameplay. 

-It's a Beta so who knows in the actual game but no progression system has been seen unlike in Resistance where it was clear characters could change personal skills and equip generic skills.

I actually really like some of the things you're describing. Hopefully the trophy list isn't awful and maybe I might just go for this one

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Nobody asked for this...no one is buying a Resident Evil game for multiplayer, it's gonna be dead within a month.

Then....don't play it? It's free so who cares. 

I have seen some gameplay of it recently, and it actually looks pretty fun to play. The trailer gave a really bad impression of what it actually plays like. 

That said, I hope it has its own trophy list with a plat like Resistance did. 

16 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I actually really like some of the things you're describing. Hopefully the trophy list isn't awful and maybe I might just go for this one

It's the same people who did Resistance so I'd expect a list like this:

18 Human character trophies (3 for 6 characters)

15 BOW character trophies (3 for 5 BOWs)

15 or so General trophies (do tutorial, get X killstreak, win a match, get a revenge kill, so forth)

15 hours ago, Trini said:

Was anyone able to personally play the beta? impressions?

It was a closed Beta and I don't really do those. People here have been generally negative on it here so you won't find many I think that have tried it here. Impressions have been positive from what I've seen though. What I can tell you though is while the Beta is promising, they better take in the feedback of it and make some actual changes to balance it out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...