Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

4 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

After how much they ruined 3 'for a new generation of players',

A lot of new players who didn't play the original really liked the remake. since there's no perspective the dont know whats missing and whats added.

Its super interesting because this only shows that despite the game missing a couple elements in the end its still very fun.

16 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

This remake looks more horror based which for me is a much better game. I'm hoping it'll balance action and horror like village did. Hopefully less ammo and less copy and pasted villages too.

Yeah, let's make the only horrific part being casualy parried using a knife, i will be on the edge of my seat every time i hear a chainsaw for sure /s.

Heck,in the last trailer, the first encouter in the game is just a casual zombie almost decapitated (definitely never heard of this in the 4th title of the serie) you find in a cave instead of a simple villager man trying to kill you in a random house.

Edited by lasodamos

20 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

you really shouldnt base a games fanbase off trophy forum posts or twitter.

online forums and twitter amounts to such a minuet % of the people who will buy video games. 

It was more a jab at people stuck in the past that refuse to aknowledge that classics were important, they influenced whole industry, they are masterpieces, but the medium of video games goes forward. RE reddit is full of people whining about tank controls and fixed camera angles, and they argue that clunkiness caused more fear and tension. I genuinely think nostalgia is one of the worst things on this planet, people refuse to understand that for example some of the old horror games were scary or exciting to them is because they were children, or it was one of their first experiences of gaming horror ever. Which means those games stand up in their minds, and everything that comes as they grew up and became bitter adults will never have the same "something new and amazing" effect, it's often them and not the game. 

Sorry, it was a rant, not really directed towards you lol. IDK, it REALLY grinds my gears when people are like this, and I am 31, I remember games from that era, so it's not an issue of me being a new player and not appreciating the originals

15 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

After how much they ruined 3 'for a new generation of players', im concerned they will butcher one of the best games of all time. Im not toxic, everything that leaked so far has been proven correct.

Look, I adore RE4, it's one of my favorite games ever (together with SH2 they are my favorite horror games ever). But 1. it's a remake. it's modernized for a new audience, there are millions of new gamers that never played original RE4, and you know what? As much as it's a masterpiece of its time and still holds up today, it will need reworks. You are afraid they will ruin it? How? Will the remake delete the original off your console or make physical disk implode? Will it erase any of your memories of the original game? Did RE3 Remake destroy RE3? i think original Cds with the game are still fine, everyone is more than welcome to play it. 

Also, you are so mad because of Krauser? Literally the most useless character in the whole game? He appears out of nowhere, like players are supposed to have some sort of emotional reaction to him betraying Leon, spews out one of the worst dialogue in the whole franchise that sounds like written by 12 year old boy. And his whole schtick being big burly macho guy? You are angry at cutting of THAT? 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

It was more a jab at people stuck in the past that refuse to aknowledge that classics were important, they influenced whole industry, they are masterpieces, but the medium of video games goes forward. RE reddit is full of people whining about tank controls and fixed camera angles, and they argue that clunkiness caused more fear and tension. I genuinely think nostalgia is one of the worst things on this planet, people refuse to understand that for example some of the old horror games were scary or exciting to them is because they were children, or it was one of their first experiences of gaming horror ever. Which means those games stand up in their minds, and everything that comes as they grew up and became bitter adults will never have the same "something new and amazing" effect, it's often them and not the game. 

Sorry, it was a rant, not really directed towards you lol. IDK, it REALLY grinds my gears when people are like this, and I am 31, I remember games from that era, so it's not an issue of me being a new player and not appreciating the originals

Look, I adore RE4, it's one of my favorite games ever (together with SH2 they are my favorite horror games ever). But 1. it's a remake. it's modernized for a new audience, there are millions of new gamers that never played original RE4, and you know what? As much as it's a masterpiece of its time and still holds up today, it will need reworks. You are afraid they will ruin it? How? Will the remake delete the original off your console or make physical disk implode? Will it erase any of your memories of the original game? Did RE3 Remake destroy RE3? i think original Cds with the game are still fine, everyone is more than welcome to play it. 

Also, you are so mad because of Krauser? Literally the most useless character in the whole game? He appears out of nowhere, like players are supposed to have some sort of emotional reaction to him betraying Leon, spews out one of the worst dialogue in the whole franchise that sounds like written by 12 year old boy. And his whole schtick being big burly macho guy? You are angry at cutting of THAT? 

To be fair cutting Krauser would kinda suck because that means no epic knife fight in the beautiful RE engine plus no playable Krauser in Mercs?

With that said I highly believe if Krauser/the island is cut then I can see them adding those elements in the Sarparte ways DLC campaign.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

Resident Evil 4 Remake is 'about the same' length as original, says Capcom

Capcom paid attention to the criticisms of the Resident Evil 3 Remake.

In an interview with PC Gamer on Tuesday, Resident Evil 4 Remake producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi said that players can expect the length of the remake to run "about the same" as the original RE4.

When Capcom remade Resident Evil 2 in 2019 it was met with near-universal acclaim, but the 2020 follow-up with Resident Evil 3 was not such a hit. Many players complained about how short and linear it was compared to the RE2 Remake, pointing out that it even cut areas from the PS1 game.

With a game as beloved as Resident Evil 2, Capcom succeeded in recreating it without screwing anything up; with RE3, it seemed to have missed an opportunity to improve and bulk out what was always a bit of an underbaked game. 2004's Resident Evil 4, meanwhile, is a long game by modern action standards: HowLongtoBeat has the main story pegged at 15 and a half hours, roughly double the length of an RE2 Remake campaign. Would this remake, too, be lopping off some chunks of the game to make the project more manageable?

I asked Hirabayashi if the reviews and player feedback for Capcom's last two remakes had informed any decisions for Resident Evil 4 Remake, and he specifically brought up length as a factor.

"When we started production on RE4 we looked into what people thought was good [in the RE2 and RE3 remakes] and what could've been done better," Hirabayashi said. "One example is the play time for RE4 is about the same as the original game." 

Hirabayashi's statement still leaves us with a lot of unknowns: There could be significant changes to some of RE4's environments even if the overall length remains roughly the same. The Remake may be jettisoning the Mercenaries minigame, or the "Separate Ways" mode that let you play as Ada Wong after finishing the campaign. But based on how closely the game's intro sticks to the original RE4, I think Capcom's treating this one with particular reverence. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-4-remake-is-about-the-same-length-as-original-says-capcom

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

RE4 is ruined. The list of changes and cuts leaked a long time ago, and that reveal trailer confirmed its true. Notice theres no Krauser or the island in the trailer? Its because they've been cut from the game. 

Capcom will get brutal backlash for this, let's hope they change their minds last minute and respect the original game, not ruin it for a "new generation of players'

Its going to be very much a re3r travesty again otherwise. Only worse. 

Krauser is in the game. EasyAllies confirmed it. Don't listen to old rumors.

Bonus: Here's what the only legit RE leaker said:

Edited by MeltedDreams1
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, ArtMontef said:

Also, you are so mad because of Krauser? Literally the most useless character in the whole game? 

Missing content is missing content, regardless of your opinions on said content. 

Not to mention your "just delete him" take is so bad you don't even understand all the implications :

-it means cutting the main boss of an area, essentially harming the pacing, which will probably lead to the whole area being removed. 

-You also have to remove him from previous encounters, so again, pacing compromised. 

-There will be one missing character in the Mercenaries. 

-"Assignment Ada" won't be included. 

Seriously, what other "useless" content you feel like removing from RE4? 

HUNK maybe, since you know, he's "useless". Or Mercenaries as a whole, since you know, it's a "useless" mode. How about the shooting range? Pretty  "useless", let's remove it, right? What is your definition of "useless" anyway? Lol. 

For the record, I'm not buying into that baseless "Krauser and the island are missing!" rumor neither, but your takes are so bad I had to reply. Hell, I even agree on Krauser being the weakest character but stop advocating for incomplete remakes and missing content, please. 

Also, your "why do you care about the remake, you still have the og" take is equally as bad. 

Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game ever, of course I'm going to be mad if they botch the remake despite still having a Ps2 with a SH2 copy... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Missing content is missing content, regardless of your opinions on said content. 

Not to mention your "just delete him" take is so bad you don't even understand all the implications :

-it means cutting the main boss of an area, essentially harming the pacing, which will probably lead to the whole area being removed. 

-You also have to remove him from previous encounters, so again, pacing compromised. 

-There will be one missing character in the Mercenaries. 

-"Assignment Ada" won't be included. 

Seriously, what other "useless" content you feel like removing from RE4? 

HUNK maybe, since you know, he's "useless". Or Mercenaries as a whole, since you know, it's a "useless" mode. How about the shooting range? Pretty  "useless", let's remove it, right? What is your definition of "useless" anyway? Lol. 

For the record, I'm not buying into that baseless "Krauser and the island are missing!" rumor neither, but your takes are so bad I had to reply. Hell, I even agree on Krauser being the weakest character but stop advocating for incomplete remakes and missing content, please. 

Also, your "why do you care about the remake, you still have the og" take is equally as bad. 

Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game ever, of course I'm going to be mad if they botch the remake despite still having a Ps2 with a SH2 copy... 

Oh jeez, reading skills are hard, right? 

I didn't say he can't CARE about the remake. I rebutted him writing "RE4 is ruined". Which it isn't. Let's say RE4 is absolute dogshit, how does that ruin the original? It baffles me how bad remake can ruin the original game? You can be disappointed with the RE4 remake, of course you can, but saying that games that came before it are suddenly worse because of it? Where is the logic in that? 

If the rumors that were mentioned in this thread are true then Krauser will be replaced by new boss fight

Spoiler rumor:

Apparently rumor said he is replaced by mutated Luis that is aware of everything and begs Leon to kill him

But as mentioned above, those leaks might be BS because apparently Krauser is mentioned in the intro.

It's a REMAKE. Not 1:1 remaster. REMAKE. Which means some stuff will be cut. And you know what? Stuff will be added in its place. Just look at RE2 remake, it is FAR from 1:1 representation of the original, and it's widely regarded as an amazing game. 

Also you are putting words in my mouth, your comment implies that I just said to just rip chunks of the game out and it will be fine. I did not say that, neither I even think that. I responded to overly dramatic comment about oh no "ruining" resident evil. Which is absolutely absurd, let's say the rumors are true and island and Krauser are cut and instead we get extended labs, does the cut content completely invalidate all other sections of the game?

Do you understand what I mean now? My comment was as rebbutal to people who think about this game in absolute extremes.  "if it doesn't have X then the whole game is dogshit and noone should play it" while the healthy way would be "This, this and this were super nice parts of the game, but I miss that they cut X, I prefer the pacing of the original" 

• Like 2

On 22/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, ArtMontef said:

Also, you are so mad because of Krauser? Literally the most useless character in the whole game?  You are angry at cutting of THAT? 

4 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

Also you are putting words in my mouth, your comment implies that I just said to just rip chunks of the game out and it will be fine. I did not say that, neither I even think that.

???

Your own words, not mine. 

22 hours ago, MeltedDreams1 said:

Krauser is in the game. EasyAllies confirmed it. Don't listen to old rumors.

That’s pretty cool that Krauser has been seen in the flashback. Personally, I always hoped a remake would expand his backstory more (I know they did a little bit in Darkside Chronicles), but I also understand why some people wouldn’t miss him.

My personal hope would’ve been to have Krauser turned into more of a longtime foil for Leon, similar to how Wesker was with Chris. I’d love to have Krauser be a returning thorn in Leon’s side in later entries.

A more interesting mutation than in the original game would be a bonus too imho. I’m also loving how Salazar looks, less cartoonish and more creepy. The scariest thing of all might be going through that hedge maze though! ?

Edited by SmileSlice
Spelling and grammar.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

You were telling that guy that you don't care if Krauser gets cut off and that he shouldn't care neither, correct?

And when I called you out on why removing stuff is not a good thing you replied that you were never in favor of removing content ("ripping chunks of the game")  Correct? 

There's no misunderstanding on my part, you're just contradicting yourself, that tweet makes no sense. 

I am curious if it will be a butchered re-imagining like 2 and 3 or an expanded remake like 1.

13 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

Not 1:1 remaster.

If it rebuilt from the ground up but still 1:1 it IS a remake. (secret of mana ps4)

If new things are added and it remains close to the original it is a remake (re 1 gc).

If it drastically changes things it is a re-imagining (re2/3). If it is a port but cleaned up then it is a remaster (re 1 ps3/ps4)

1 hour ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

You were telling that guy that you don't care if Krauser gets cut off and that he shouldn't care neither, correct?

And when I called you out on why removing stuff is not a good thing you replied that you were never in favor of removing content ("ripping chunks of the game")  Correct? 

There's no misunderstanding on my part, you're just contradicting yourself, that tweet makes no sense. 

Again. No, not correct. You are putting words into my mouth and interpreting it however you want. 

I replied to a guy that was overly dramatic and saying that removing Krauser means remake is RUINED. Ruined, of course, the village, castle, mines, labs, absolutely everything that is not Krauser will be absolutely RUINED. I didn't say he shouldn't care if Krauser gets cut, I said he is side character that could be easily cut without compromising quality of the other parts

It's modernized version of RE4, stuff will be cut, added, changed, that's obvious to anyone with half a brain. That's how Capcom made their previous remakes. From all the characters story wise Krauser is the the most useless, he is there out of nowhere, appears halfway through the game just as a big AHA it was him who kidnapped Ashley. If you remove Krauser, Ashley could be kidnapped by absolutely anyone with the same effect. Gameplay wise? He could be replaced by any other boss. In mercenaries he could be replaced by Luis. Ada could fight off any other boss. 

You are set to believe I am determined to say Krauser SHOULD be cut from the game. I never said that. I think he SHOULD be in the game. But I think it's mature to expect Capcom will make changes and whining like a spoiled child that everything will collapse on itself because of that one thing is absurd. 

My whole comment was in response to absurd dramatization of rUiNinG rEsIdEnT eViL, but you are for some reason reading it like I WANT the cuts ? I really cannot write it clearer so you understand. 

• Like 1

Well now I am worried about this version as I read this:

Reimagined Story – Resident Evil 4 dials up the original release’s key feelings of loneliness and the fear of enemies blinded by zealotry, while providing more nuanced depictions of the character motivations and relationships that defined the 2005 survival horror icon.

While I do not mind a good re-Imagining Capcom has not done a good re-imagining.

• 3 months later...