Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

That new gameplay demo looked sick, especially the part in the village. I was happy to see that Leon kept some of his crazy melee attacks from the original. That window dive as well. ? I'm even more excited for this now. I'd definitely like to get that collector's edition with the Leon statue. 

• Like 2

The trailer made me change my mind about it, I wasn't really excited since I'm not a huge fan of RE4 but the way they changed some stuff, it made the game have a bit more creepy setting kinda like Resident Evil 3.5 which is how I always wanted RE4 to be, gonna pre order this baby since I'll even get a PS5 upgrade, oh there's also news of Re Verse for the 3 people interested in it, only Capcom doesn't see that this PvP trash doesn't work, give us a co op Outbreak for the love of God.

• Like 1

The Leon statue isnt looks like him I dont need it :P  Ada looks like the same as RE2RE, still no original RE4 red dress and her voice like kinda old :( the new gameplay is so cool.  Just worrying if they cut the new RE4 short likes RE3RE. Going to buy RE8 gold and 4 PS4 version day1 anyway :)

you might want to be worried with this as think about it, this is coming out somewhat soon and this is bad that means some cut parts of the game will happen, like the ada side mode that gives you more of a idea how she was there in a lot of the levels along side leon or the merc mode and so on. I feel the island might be cut to bits as well

RE4 didn't need a remake at all imo, but damn, this looks great. I love the approach, with RE2 and 3 they've changed a lot of things obviously, to make them into modern games, with 4 they didn't have to, so it looks like they've focused on enhancing and making it more intense. It has that original RE4 vibe, just better. 

I wasn't before but now I'm a bit hyped. 

Great faces so far but I dunno, I don't like the new Luis look, they made him look quite evil.

Whereas in the original, he was a bit of cheeky chappy and an all round friendly dude, who at the "house" part was your awesome coop buddy.

Also it's probably just the screenshot, but why does Ramon Salazar look like Queen Elizabeth the second?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Just now, Ultraxian said:

Good to know. Let's hope they do resi 4 justice.

RE4 is ruined. The list of changes and cuts leaked a long time ago, and that reveal trailer confirmed its true. Notice theres no Krauser or the island in the trailer? Its because they've been cut from the game. 

Capcom will get brutal backlash for this, let's hope they change their minds last minute and respect the original game, not ruin it for a "new generation of players'

Its going to be very much a re3r travesty again otherwise. Only worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

RE4 is ruined. The list of changes and cuts leaked a long time ago, and that reveal trailer confirmed its true. Notice theres no Krauser or the island in the trailer? Its because they've been cut from the game. 

Capcom will get brutal backlash for this, let's hope they change their minds last minute and respect the original game, not ruin it for a "new generation of players'

That’s exactly what I was afraid of. I can’t imagine RE4 without Krauser. I loved RE2 but was very disappointed with Nemesis.

I still need to go back and play a lot of the Resi games on PS3/PS4. Played original RE4 back in the day on all the old consoles, but still need to complete it on PS3/PS4.

Edited by SmileSlice

7 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? 

Backlash for cutting the most generic character from game with tons of great characters? 

The same leaks said merchant has spanish accent, mentioned that Salazar was cut. Other leaks said Leon will have dodge button like in RE3. Leaks of Village said Ethan would die halfway through the game. 

You want a game without any changes go play RE4 original. 

God I love this franchise but fans are so damn toxic

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Totally disagree. For me Resident Evil is always best when it's horror and survival. I've been with the series since the start. I pre-ordered 4 on GameCube and hated it. Years later after people constantly going on about how good it was. I tried it again (on PS4 I believe) at a friend's house. Still hated it. It's just too action based. With what feels like almost infinite ammo. Seriously you can spray and pray most of the time. The same 4 or 5 enemies copied and pasted over and over again just got old very fast too.

This remake looks more horror based which for me is a much better game. I'm hoping it'll balance action and horror like village did. Hopefully less ammo and less copy and pasted villages too. Seriously where did those fuckers keep spawning from! City's have less population that the original resi 4 does lol

16 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

I think it's more a toxic trophy collecting community. I say collecting as very few games dare to actually make you achieve anything these days. So it's not hunting.

Give the game a platinum that doesn't challenge in any way shape or form. Otherwise it gets attacked

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Man I didn't realize just because they chose not to show Krauser or the island in the recent trailer i guess it automatically means its cut then. God forbid they choose to not show some things. Sounding a bit entitled huh? 

Edited by jakD_710
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? 

Backlash for cutting the most generic character from game with tons of great characters? 

The same leaks said merchant has spanish accent, mentioned that Salazar was cut. Other leaks said Leon will have dodge button like in RE3. Leaks of Village said Ethan would die halfway through the game. 

You want a game without any changes go play RE4 original. 

After how much they ruined 3 'for a new generation of players', im concerned they will butcher one of the best games of all time. Im not toxic, everything that leaked so far has been proven correct.