Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

All of this gameplay they've shown so far has blown me away. The church, village and even Mendez's house all look familiar yet expanded & different. Loved seeing that the elegant headdress and mask are still there. Whilst I loved both the RE2 and 3 "Re-imaginings" I love how their just building upon what was already there for this one instead of getting rid of stuff, at least so far of the stuff we've seen. I do wonder if it is possible to top the original but so far it looks like they're hitting all the right notes to do so. The next 47 days cant come quick enough  

(The Colmillos look absolutely shit scary in the gameplay. Makes me wonder how much scarier the rest of the games enemies are gonna get)

• Like 3

We asked Yasuhiro Ampo (Resident Evil 2 Remake) and Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (Resident Evil 4, 2005) 80 rapid-fire questions about Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Yes, we asked about the hook man.

Edited by ziggypossum
FIXED
  • Like 3

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 has begun development! Please look forward to more details in the future!” reads a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 will be released as free downloadable content for PlayStation 5 / PlayStation VR2,” reads a follow-up tweet.

?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

I am THAT petty, so here, what do all people that were SOOOO SURE about leaks being true have to say now? 1f644.png No Krauser? No Mercenaries? Huge chunks cut off?

I closed my eyes when Krauser and the island showed up in that trailer so technically their still cut....?

On a more serious note I cant believe how batshit insane this game looks. Every trailer just gets better. Next 28 days gonna feel like 28 weeks 

• Like 2

anything yet on the trophy front? when will we know?

hopefully they'll make fun trophies and a cool platinum trophy - i'll always love the original game but was disappointed it never came with a plat.

will there be an autopop feature if for example, i platted it on ps5 and loaded its save to ps4 to pop trophies there?

Edited by rockstarjazz

I want to be excited about the remake, but RE4 really was my least favorite RE.  Was the worst of both worlds in regards to "eras" of Resident Evil, had the silly over the top action and story and characters of the later games without the fun coop stuff, and lacked the tension and atmosphere of the originals.  Never found the whole European village cultist thing all that scary or interesting either.

I'm assuming I'll pick this up at some point, maybe even release day if I finish up whatever I'm playing and I'm a bit bored... but was hoping they'd change things up a bit more than they did.

Edited by Dreakon13

41 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I want to be excited about the remake, but RE4 really was my least favorite RE.  Was the worst of both worlds in regards to "eras" of Resident Evil, had the silly over the top action and story and characters of the later games without the fun coop stuff, and lacked the tension and atmosphere of the originals.  Never found the whole European village cultist thing all that scary or interesting either.

RE4 was the best game i ever played. i remember playing it on ps2 in 2005 when i was a student in my final year at uni.

that said though, i do concede that perhaps this game ruined the series - because it was so good and set an impossible bar to reach. 5 and 6 were bad in comparison. 7 and 8 they tried an entire new direction and approach (both still nowhere near as good as 4). the 2 and 3 remakes felt like wannabe-4's.

only RE1 remake could match its greatness, delivering the experience in a different way with its camera angles.

i just hope this game doesnt become too much of a walking simulator like most AAA games are these days. the game needs to keep us busy and offer a rich experience than just relying on its story to impress us.

37 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

RE4 was the best game i ever played. i remember playing it on ps2 in 2005 when i was a student in my final year at uni.

that said though, i do concede that perhaps this game ruined the series - because it was so good and set an impossible bar to reach. 5 and 6 were bad in comparison. 7 and 8 they tried an entire new direction and approach (both still nowhere near as good as 4). the 2 and 3 remakes felt like wannabe-4's.

To each their own, I played it originally on the Gamecube and a few other times over the years and never really totally saw the appeal of it.  I give it a ton of respect and credit for pioneering the camera and the mechanics of decades of third person shooters to come.

RE1 through RE3 were thinking man's games with its inventory/ammo management, laid the atmosphere and tension on thick, and genuinely creeped me out as a kid.  RE5 and RE6 were "bad Resident Evil's" but really were/are some of the best coop shooters money can buy.  RE7 did the RE1-3 formula well at least in a modern first person twist, but I'm also a sucker for P.T. style horror games and RE7VR is the scariest shit I've ever played lol.  RE4 is just kind of there for me.  RE8 gives me similar vibes tbh.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

RE4 really was my least favorite RE.  Was the worst of both worlds in regards to "eras" of Resident Evil, had the silly over the top action and story and characters of the later games without the fun coop stuff, and lacked the tension and atmosphere of the originals.  Never found the whole European village cultist thing all that scary or interesting either.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone feel the same way I do. I HATED RE4, yes RE6 is objectively the worst one, but RE4 was not fun to me. However, I have faith in Capcom to make it better in the Remake and I think it looks great, it'll still be a day 1 pickup for me. I still wish we got a RE:CV remake first but I have a feeling that's going to be retconned and not remade.

15 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Outside of Game UK store and Amazon Spain where is possible to buy steelbook edition? From EU country I mean.

Yup same here, have been scouting the internet for a few days now looking for listing outside GAME UK and found some listing on Amazon US, UK but both still unavailable, However on Amazon Germany a friend of mine found a listing of 70EU of the steelbook edition

https://www.amazon.de/Resident-Remake-inkl-Vorbesteller-SteelBook/dp/B0BMTM7D5J

2 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Yup same here, have been scouting the internet for a few days now looking for listing outside GAME UK and found some listing on Amazon US, UK but both still unavailable, However on Amazon Germany a friend of mine found a listing of 70EU of the steelbook edition

https://www.amazon.de/Resident-Remake-inkl-Vorbesteller-SteelBook/dp/B0BMTM7D5J

But it’s probably Germany version of the game. If prefer UK like box here is the problem. Steelbook also available in collectors edition. But strange that very popular game and only few shops have steelbook edition for sale. RE7/8 and RE2/3 was without any problem to buy