Resident Evil 4 Remake

Abby_TheLastofUs

Looks absolutely stupendous. I see some whining about the perceived changes (seems less goofy, more serious and other moans), like, call me crazy but as long as the game is good I really don's care what changes they make. RE4 is in my Top 10 games so I'm mega pumped for this but even if it sucks the original will always be there since they re-release it on every damn console anyway, fully expect a PS5 port to be included as a pre-order bonus or something! ?

I wonder if Separate Ways will figure in at all, either intertwined with the game or a bonus unlock for clearing the story?

I have never played any resident evil game and wanted to start the series. I can remember a thread where was mentioned that other games of the series will also get a remake or some sort of re-release for the newer platforms but unfortunately I cannot find it anymore. Does somebody know? 

• Like 1

I'm happy with this. I watched the trailer last night a thought it looked great, love the title font too. Good to see they've kept it the same style like the recent installments. Ashley looks good too, be interesting who they modelled her on?

Hoping the 2 ada stories will be intertwined together. But a separate mode from Leon's story, only unlocked once the game is complete.

5ge3F27.jpg

Beautiful Dutch Model Ella Freya is Ashley in Resident Evil 4 Remake

Ella has confirmed her role as 3D model of Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4 Remake via Twitter account and Instagram storieshis.

“I felt like crying when I watched the trailer for the game. I am so glad. Thank you to all of you”,

トレーラーを見たとき、本当に泣きそうになりました。今は嬉しすぎます。皆さんこころからありがとうございます #バイオハザード #Residentevil4remake #アシュリーグラハム pic.twitter.com/kA7ylG7THB

— Ella Freya エラ・フレイヤ (@Eriza_Freya) June 3, 2022

https://twitter.com/Eriza_Freya/status/1532750962070282244

The long-awaited Resident Evil 4 remake was finally announced this week, with its debut trailer featuring protagonist Leon Kennedy on the hunt for US President’s daughter Ashley Graham.

Shortly after the trailer was posted, Freya confirmed that she was behind the new Ashley shown in the trailer. She wrote:

- "When I saw the trailer, I almost cried. I am so happy now. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart."

She later added:

- "I’m so excited to join the RE family".

https://twitter.com/Eriza_Freya/status/1532964165052256256

Freya lives in Japan and occasionally streams video games on her YouTube channel.

Most likely, she only planted her RE4 appearance, just like Russian model Alexandra Zotova formed the basis of Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil 3 remake.

The original Ashley from Resident Evil 4 in 2005 was based on model Brooke Elizabeth Matheson and voiced by actress Carolyn Lawrence.

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to this one. Resident Evil 4 was one of the first horror games younger me played and absolutely fell in love with it and the genre. 

I’m hoping if they keep the same formula as the 2 and 3 remakes it’ll be an enjoyable experience. 

Edited by Grundy_91

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

5ge3F27.jpg

Wait a minute... I know her.

Well, not in person, but I watched some vlogs of her back in 2020, when she was traveling through Europe during COVID. She's that weird European looking girl spreaking fluent Japanese. I actually thought she was born Japanese, having foreign parents.

I mean, I would have gotten the game anyway, but now I have one more reason to play it...

Looks good, but they could've shown a bit more gameplay.

It almost feels like the purpose of that gameplay clip was to show that it plays and controls like the recent remakes, even though it was expected.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

I don't think RE4 necessarily needs a remake. But after seeing the footage and experiencing what they did with the RE2 remake - I'm extremely happy it's getting one. I suppose if you are really adamant you won't like this or think it's destined to fail because it's not your RE4, then you always have your 17 year old original game to replay to exhaustion while the world passes you by :).

If it shows the same level of quality as the RE2 Remake (which I personally think is one of the greatest remakes ever made in virtually all measurable ways) then i'm sure it'll be good. I'm also glad it's PS5 only, so the development is single-track and is pure current gen, rather than having to juggle and modify it for two different generations of tech.

I can't wait to see how they handle the lake monster in the RE Engine, that part always scared the hell out of me in the original, so seeing it in current gen graphics is going to be excellent!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

On 6/3/2022 at 4:47 AM, Stan Lee said:

I see some whining about the perceived changes (seems less goofy, more serious and other moans)

Changes which I wholeheartedly welcome, personally. The original was among my least favorites in the series, but this looks like it has the potential to win me over. Less silliness, more horror, please!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StraightVege said:

Changes which I wholeheartedly welcome, personally. The original was among my least favorites in the series, but this looks like it has the potential to win me over. Less silliness, more horror, please!

I adore the original! But I do agree that, if they are doing a remake, do it differently! A more serious re4 would me an awesome spin on the game especially since it does have a lot of potential to be chilling! And we can always go back to the original anyway :D

• Like 1

People talk of "less goofy", but just you wait for the end game where it will be revealed that Saddler taught a young Spencer Spanish and how to score with women, that he is the father of Miranda's child, and it was he who brought the Spanish flu to her village.

Looking forward to the game. I hope that there are changes as the Remakes seem to have their own continuity and certain things could be changed for the better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

PS4 officially confirmed

R71T8yP.jpg

Resident Evil 4 Remake Confirmed for PS4,

Showcase Coming Next Month

At Tokyo Game Show 2022, Capcom confirms another platform for the upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake and confirms a special showcase for next month.

Capcom has now confirmed that the Resident Evil 4 remake is also going to be available for PlayStation 4 at launch. Capcom confirmed as much during its Tokyo Game Show 2022 presentation, but stopped short of showing the PS4 version of the game in action.

Those interested in seeing more of the Resident Evil 4 remake will have to tune in to the special Resident Evil showcase in October, though a specific date and time for that event was not announced. Dedicated Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of the game weren't announced either, which is surprising since the game is coming to PS4.

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Resident Evil Showcase set for October 20, featuring Resident Evil 4 remake,

Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, and more

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/resident-evil-showcase-set-for-october-20-featuring-resident-evil-4-remake-resident-evil-village-gold-edition-and-more

Capcom will host Resident Evil Showcase on October 20 at 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET

Edited by ziggypossum
Leon! HELP!
  • Like 1

Should be less than 5.5 hours it's at 10pm, just over 4 hours 20 mins here. When I check their link it said less 

Edit their uk link now says 4 hours time(20.10.22) anyone know the exact time? I was planning on watching it at 10pm, now it seems 9.40pm.

Edit 1. its now 22:20 the showcase is starting at 22:25. That's a big difference from the 22:00 time first given.

Edit 2. Video started at 22:25 with a 5 minute countdown. Screen changed to a 30 min countdown. Not sure what they're playing at really. 

Looks like a 23:00 start as what was mentioned several days ago. Then a 22:00 was spoken about.

Edited by RSmark84