Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Saber Interactive takes over)

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Don't get your hopes up. You won't get a fateful remake, especially not with writers like these.

Oh blah blah blah. I got about three words in and had read enough. Is there anything more pathetic than 'anti-SJW' right wing snowflakes? Personally, I'm not a fan of identity politics but I'll judge a writer on her work, not her politics! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Don't get your hopes up. You won't get a fateful remake, especially not with writers like these.

This post missed the mark big time and from a brief look through his timeline that Twitter user you shared from is a garbage misogynist loser. Perfect example of a whining manchild who dishes out the insults but can't take it.

• Like 4

Nothing ever truly lives up to what come before it. KotOR is one of my favorite games of all time. It is what got me into Star Wars. I hope the remake does well but can it capture me like the original did? I doubt it. FF7 has more of a following and its remake had mixed results. Time will tell. Look forward to what they come up with. Be mad or salty about a writer being hired. Doesn't really make sense to me but whatever floats your boat. 

KOTOR is THE game that makes me a fan of BioWare and to this day I didn’t play much WRPGs unless they’re from BioWare. So needless to say I am honestly excited.

However the debate above does cast a shadow to the hope. No matter which studio does it I wish they could hold true to the original, focus more on the graphics, and leave that dancing outfit alone.

13 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

Nothing ever truly lives up to what come before it. KotOR is one of my favorite games of all time. It is what got me into Star Wars. I hope the remake does well but can it capture me like the original did? I doubt it. FF7 has more of a following and its remake had mixed results. Time will tell. Look forward to what they come up with. Be mad or salty about a writer being hired. Doesn't really make sense to me but whatever floats your boat. 

I have already witnessed what an incompetent but over ambitious writer can do with an established franchise like SW (Sorry if you are a fan of the new trilogy). I hope everything is ok but there are valid concerns to be had.

Edited by Maverick6146
  • Like 1

Nice! I love RPGs and I’ve long heard that Knights of the Old Republic is considered by some to be one of the best RPGs ever made. I’ve never had an opportunity to check it out before so I’m interested in this big time. But I’ve also seen enough of this new writer they hired to know she’s one of those super cringey Twitter activist types whose entire identity is wrapped up in her political views and I’m not going to lie, this is a little worrisome to me. We’ve all seen examples in recent years of how that is potentially a recipe for a disaster.

I am holding out hope that they don’t go overboard with the politics and just simply focus on making a great RPG that you can lose yourself in, much like their older games. I really think Bioware needs a win too, they’ve been seriously lackin for awhile now so I’m hoping that DA4 and KOTOR will be a return to form for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Bioware isn't even involved in the remake. 

Ah yes, I had to look it up but it’s being handled by a studio called Aspyr. It looks like they’re the ones that did Jedi Outcast which was a cool game and one of the few Star Wars games I’ve actually played. I guess Bioware isn’t getting that W anytime soon lol.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, Stan Lee said:

I expected as much. But as a PlayStation console exclusive; that's a pretty big deal.

As much so as every other timed exclusive that has ever been. For those that can't read between the lines, I'm being sarcastic.

Obviously Sony money hatted here which I personally don't care about since I own all the consoles anyway but I think it's a stupid move on their part. PS5 is selling more than the Xbox and PS5 is generally the more sought after console. Why throw out money like this? My only guess is in fear that MS might have tried to do the same to them. This deal mostly benefits EA. When the game inevitably does go to Xbox, people will wait to play it when it also inevitably gets on GamePass. Sure EA gets money out of that but it's probably a substantial less amount than actual game sales. Just releasing on PS5 where no worthwhile GP competitor exists and you get more game sales. I believe we saw this in action with Outriders where it sold way more copies on PS but had more players on Xbox.

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I realize I might be showing my old man brain, but what does “die mad about” even mean?

I think it meant to say "die mad about it". Basically telling people that dislike it and are "mad about it" to die.

Edit:

It's the bottom left tweet in the image

Edited by Ric

6 hours ago, Ric said:

I think it meant to say "die mad about it". Basically telling people that dislike it and are "mad about it" to die.

Edit:

It's the bottom left tweet in the image

5 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Clarifying further, it's basically a nicer but still aggressive way of telling someone to "go fuck themselves".

Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, Maverick6146 said:

I have already witnessed what an incompetent but over ambitious writer can do with an established franchise like SW (Sorry if you are a fan of the new trilogy). I hope everything is ok but there are valid concerns to be had.

Sure but many people have to green light what the writer does in many stages of producing the product. To put all blame on one person alone is weird imo.