Site Trophies

Well, I've been a little skeptical of the site trophies anyways personally. Not for those reasons, but because it felt like it was giving people a free game to platinum for members of the site. That was subsided a bit when I was told the trophies weren't going to be added to our numbers, but as cool as the idea is/was, it still left a bad taste. The big PSNProfiles.com game on the trophy profile kind of took away from the other games.

That said the "pins" idea doesn't sound too unlike anything you'd find on other forums that offer some kind of site/forum achievements, but still cool nonetheless. Would they still link to things like '# of Trophy Tips posted' and the sort? Or would it be mainly forum achievements?

Well, I've been a little skeptical of the site trophies anyways personally. Not for those reasons, but because it felt like it was giving people a free game to platinum. That was subsided a bit when I was told the trophies weren't going to be added to our numbers, but as cool as the idea is/was, it still left a bad taste.

That said the "pins" idea doesn't sound too unlike anything you'd find on other forums that offer some kind of site/forum achievements, but still cool nonetheless. Would they still link to things like '# of Trophy Tips posted' and the sort? Or would it be mainly forum achievements?

i think they'll have a page to show who has them and when but no tips or anything.

Are you planning on making these worth something are will they just be there just to be pretty? :)

For example when you've earned a certain amount of pins you get special, like "perks" (No cod stuff) that for example earn you the right to have a larger avatar or a site theme or something :)

Only my ideas though, nothing speshul :awesome:

actually...i think this might be better than the site trophies. With the other sites, there was always issues with them: the values, the requirements, all that. basic, valueless pins (or you can say "benchmarks" i guess) dont encourage any boosting, any lust for them really...if you want them, it entails participating in the site more.....nice idea :highfive:

• 3 months later...