Free on PSN starting March 1st

Abby_TheLastofUs

Word of advice for people who haven't played this yet: Don't listen to anyone who says that this game is bad.

The characterization isn't the best when compared to the original, but the gameplay is solid and it's still very fun and addictive otherwise.

(Ratchet was an insufferable douche in the original game anyways, and said game is also really showing its age with how slow and clunky it is)

Also, do yourself a favor and play Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal if you haven't already. ;)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

What about ppl that have it from ps plus and  have active ps plus subscription can they download it for free?

I think unfortunately no,stupid rules from sony

If i want to buy a discounted game to keep it forever i can't if i own ps plus if that game was given in past?

35 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

What about ppl that have it from ps plus and  have active ps plus subscription can they download it for free?

If i want to buy a discounted game to keep it forever i can't if i own ps plus if that game was given in past?

Create a backup account and claim it there. That's what I did in the past when they offered Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:49 AM, Exeshow678 said:

I'm glad the Play at Home thing is back, cause last year, me and my buds were thinking this was gonna be a ps+ sorta thing and we were thinking about what the next games were gonna be, they never came so we forgot about it

Completely forgot about Play At Home too, I thought it was done and dusted but lo and behold we have more incoming games. Apparently there’ll be more freebies for the next few months too.

On ‎24‎.‎02‎.‎2021 at 4:32 AM, Zephrese said:

Word of advice for people who haven't played this yet: Don't listen to anyone who says that this game is bad.

I don't think that people are saying this is a bad game.

The point is it's inferior to the original that came out 19 years ago in every aspect.

The remake is exactly that kind of product the original was satirizing and making fun of.

• Like 4

On 2/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, Sikutai said:

This Game was already in PS Plus, so we all have this game already in our Library. Thread closed.

is not now

i don't have ps plus

On 2/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, Squarevii87 said:

If i want to buy a discounted game to keep it forever i can't if i own ps plus if that game was given in past1f621.png

you can overwrite the license

On 23/02/2021 at 2:59 PM, kubj31196 said:

Question: So if I have this game as a PS+ free game, and now it's free-for-all, what can I do to change the game from free-with-PS+ to free-purchase in my account, so that I can still access it should I not subscribe to Plus in the future?

I also had this on PS+, but Redeemed it again via the PS store for free on March 2nd.

I believe the licence subscription automatically changed from, PS+ Sub required to play it, to being a 'Purchased Title' and always available in your account to play. 

Edited by JRSC01
typos
  • Like 2

On 24.2.2021 at 0:43 PM, Squarevii87 said:

I have a second account

I just want it on my main account

You can get it on your main account. A couple of months ago, Sony added to separate categories for ownership: PS Plus ownership and regular ownership. If you have PS Plus ownership, you can still buy/get a game to keep it forever. 

On 2/24/2021 at 7:43 AM, Squarevii87 said:

I have a second account

I just want it on my main account

18 hours ago, P3hmo6 said:

You can get it on your main account. A couple of months ago, Sony added to separate categories for ownership: PS Plus ownership and regular ownership. If you have PS Plus ownership, you can still buy/get a game to keep it forever. 

I believe you can only do this on console tho. On the app it only shows PS Plus games as purchased, with no option to buy.

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

I believe you can only do this on console tho. On the app it only shows PS Plus games as purchased, with no option to buy.

For me it was the opposite,from my smartphone i had the option to download it for free but from console it was saying download only

Strange eh?

On 3/2/2021 at 3:44 AM, Lordidude said:

I don't think that people are saying this is a bad game.

The point is it's inferior to the original that came out 19 years ago in every aspect.

The remake is exactly that kind of product the original was satirizing and making fun of.

I politely disagree. Well, at least in regards to the "inferior in every aspect" part, as there are still issues that I have with it myself even outside of the story.

The story isn't great, sure, but I never personally cared for how insufferably and irrationally selfish and destructive Ratchet was in the original in the first place.

(That, and there's not much Insomniac could've done about the story anyways as it wasn't up to them, and even they didn't like things that Hollywood did with the movie)

The original game is also really slow and hard to come back to after playing Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, or even the reimagining for me.

(All of which had a far more fun and engaging gameplay loop, imo)

It's an entirely subjective thing in the end, although I find people tend to blow it out of proportion for whatever reason.

Edited by Zephrese

7 hours ago, Zephrese said:

The story isn't great, sure, but I never personally cared for how insufferably and irrationally selfish and destructive Ratchet was in the original in the first place.

I hear this complaint a lot and I never understood it.

The point of his character arch is to transform from a selfish and easily irritated tough guy with an edge to someone who takes responsibility and also thinks about other.

In other words Ratchet (and also Clank, in his own way) have a great path to redemption.

In the remake they are these blank cuddly vehicules and look like they were only designed to sell toys and other merch to children.

• Like 2