Drahcir7x2

Eternal Bonds Trophy

112 posts in this topic

Alright, finally our guide is up. Not that you guys will need it anyway given the delay lol

But if we could get some feedback on the bigger trophies that would be rad.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, Drahcir7x2 said:

I've been Farming the Dire Shadows In Sendai at Merciless and it is super worth it. With the right setup & party, it goes down on 4-5 minutes and gives out WAY more than Metatron on Easy.

My Setup

Lucifer (Max Stats)

- Ice Amp

- Ice Boost

- Freeze Boost

- Diamond Dust/Ice Age

- Spell Master

Team: Yusuke, Ann, Sophia

------

Just Cast Diamond Dust/Ice Age till Frozen, then wail on the Snake King until unfrozen, freeze and repeat.

Spend All Non-SP Incense on Yusuke, so that he can be a back-up.

Thanks for the tips, I will try this one.

I would also like to add my vote for the Merciless Snake King farm instead of that awful Metatron.

At first I was too lazy and thought there was a lot of planning to get that Lucifer with all the Ice stuff, but turns out most things come from Black Frost and one other thing form Alice, so it's super easy to set up.

On top of that I added Rebel Soul (which Lucifer learns naturally), Soul Thief (recover SP when causing an ailment. I had a skill card for that one) and Ailment Boost. From my other Personas I had a Yoshitsune that, among other things, had Heat Riser.

The rest of the team should be Ann and Yusuke, since both use the weakness of the boss, and for last I put in Wolf just to use Debilitate, so anyone with Debilitate can work.

All that combined made this fight on Merciless EASIER than Metatron on easy. Not only that, it's much less annoying (since there is no need to accept/report a request) and gives triple the Bond Exp. The fight is also shorter than Metatron, too.

Playing on Merciless up to that point was very easy with a maxed out Yoshitsune, Lucifer and a Sarasvati for healing. Party members died here and there but they are not really needed. Maxing out Personas is also really fast with that thing to pass on increased stats from one Persona to the next (it's like an hour to set up the first maxed out stats Persona, but from there onwards you can get anything you want instantly).

In short, go for that Merciless Snake King if you care about your mental health...

I managed to level up my bonds level to from 48 to 99 at the billiken-statue in osaka. It took my roughly 8 hours according to the ingame timer.

at the beginning it wasnt that bad. 5 minutes per level up, it went up pretty well. but from the 80s onwards it become a slough. 15 minutes and more per level up.

I splitt the whole grind across multiple days and played other thing between, to make it easier on the mind.

yesterday i finally unlocked the last few skills through requests and popped that sweet gold trophy.

the whole process wasnt that bad. put on some good music and dont do it in one session. at least i dont have to kill metatron a few hundred times or play merciless.

If somebody wants to do the same, here is a little tipp: use a rubber band to hold down the triangle button. that will auto skip all dialoge. sounds like a minor thing, but you dont have to press the button manually anymore. that will make a difference after the first few hundred runs...

I finally got the trophy and the platinum. It was an absolute pain because of how slow and boring the process was... I didn't bother with the Metatron method (apart from levelling up a bit for fusions), but instead I decided I'd do merciless and get up to the second dire shadow. I was super prepared beforehand due to everyone talking about how difficult Merciless was. With my persona setups (most of which I took from the YouTuber Rozalin), Merciless was extremely easy and the only issue was having to put up with the slow and boring grind (though much more bearable than having to refight Metatron 500 times).

Specifically I used the 99 all stats video by Rozalin, and then used a 99 level base persona (always the one with all the accumulated power) to create the Alice, Black Frost, Yoshitsune, Sarasvati and Cerberus personas using the build videos also created by Rozalin. They helped a LOT more than I thought they would! However, I mostly just used Alice with a bit of Cerberus to get through the first Jail in Merciless (Sarasvati being my healer persona whenever I needed to heal), then once I reached the second dire shadow, I just used Black Frost to repeatedly destroy it - all I did was spam R1 + X while watching something on my phone, looking at the screen isn't even required (all these SP incenses from Merciless helped a lot here, and this dire shadow drops 6 of one of the incenses after every fight so you're bound to have 999HP and 700ish SP by the end).

Merciless is not as difficult as some proclaim it to be (as long as you prepare everything beforehand - at the very least the Alice persona since that has an extremely OP attack that destroys almost everything and every boss, just not those that are immune to curse). Don't be afraid to try it as it cut down on the grind massively and kept me somewhat sane during it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been so sane had I used the Metatron method...

Just use statue, remote play and a well known software for PS4 which also works for PS5

Posted (edited)

As this game gives you bond for everything you do does anyone know a good level to stop using the statue method and let the rest of the bond take care of itself with the remaining sections of the game?

Edited by fisty123

On 5/29/2021 at 2:37 AM, fisty123 said:

As this game gives you bond for everything you do does anyone know a good level to stop using the statue method and let the rest of the bond take care of itself with the remaining sections of the game?

I'd also like to get the answer on this one if anyone happens to know. I'm currently griding the statue method and was wondering when it would be ok to stop and let the remaining bond levelling happen naturally.

On 2021-05-23 at 11:32 AM, Valaith_90 said:

Just use statue, remote play and a well known software for PS4 which also works for PS5

It does work with PS5 but only with a DualShock 4, couldn’t get it to work with the DualSense. Just fyi to anyone else trying this, hope to save you some time on the setup.

…And this was by far the best method for me since I had an Osaka save. 7 hours to let it do its thing and then just finished the next jail for the bond request that unlocks the last bond cap. Metatron was exhausting and I couldn’t get through the merciless opening lol

On 18/07/2021 at 2:24 AM, lostlemon said:

It does work with PS5 but only with a DualShock 4, couldn’t get it to work with the DualSense. Just fyi to anyone else trying this, hope to save you some time on the setup.

…And this was by far the best method for me since I had an Osaka save. 7 hours to let it do its thing and then just finished the next jail for the bond request that unlocks the last bond cap. Metatron was exhausting and I couldn’t get through the merciless opening lol

On 23/05/2021 at 4:32 PM, Valaith_90 said:

Can anyone explain how this method works? What software is needed? I have remote play on my PC and a DualShock 4. I really don’t want to grind Metatron or play on Merciless. 

I've downloaded PS4 Macro but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I'm recording my controller inputs but after I set the macro to play, it just keeps running into walls and opening the save menu. In the time it would take me to figure out how to make it work, I'd be better off just doing it manually or grinding Metatron.

2 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

I've downloaded PS4 Macro but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I'm recording my controller inputs but after I set the macro to play, it just keeps running into walls and opening the save menu. In the time it would take me to figure out how to make it work, I'd be better off just doing it manually or grinding Metatron.

Once I figured out the Dualsense wasn't working, it went pretty smoothly for me and I didn't have to fiddle with any other settings. If you scroll though some of the older github issues, there's some suggestions on how to improve sluggish playback or errant inputs. Otherwise sorry it's not working out for you mate