Eternal Bonds Trophy

Drahcir7x2

4 hours ago, vinostar said:

To guys out there who got the platinum already

i finished Everything on my first playthrough except for the „all persona“ trophy and the bonding trophy 

what would you guys suggest me should i grind persona points and complete the persona book or shall i switch directly to new game + and grind there the two missing.

And what is the best method to grind those persona points?

im missing quite a lot if persona around 12% or smth.

First I would do the bond trophy. I would go to NG+ on merciless and grind there. I did my grinding with the first dire shadow, but you could get even more bond exp from the second one.

When you're done with that, keep buying your most expensive persona and then turning it into PP. You can then use that PP to level up whatever personas you need to to meet fusion requirements. Considering how many times you have to kill the dire shadow, I would assume you'll have enough money.

• Like 1

To those who are looking to stack up on the bond points, there is a spot where you can get some infinite points. 

In Okinawa ( the beach level), after you finish the dungeon (8/18), go to the beach area and to the spot with a sign where you talked to Morgana. You can pray at that sign for additional bond points, if you quick travel to the port and quick travel back to the beach, you can repeat this and rank up the bond meter as much as you want.

It might take a while, but this is one of the quickest solutions. 

• Like 4

On 06/03/2021 at 4:07 PM, vinostar said:

To guys out there who got the platinum already

i finished Everything on my first playthrough except for the „all persona“ trophy and the bonding trophy 

what would you guys suggest me should i grind persona points and complete the persona book or shall i switch directly to new game + and grind there the two missing.

And what is the best method to grind those persona points?

im missing quite a lot if persona around 12% or smth.

Go through NG+ on normal to get all of the persona you missed and build up your bond level. Then play through on merciless just to get bond points its super fast on merciless.

On 07/03/2021 at 1:31 AM, GunarmDyne said:

Do the Dire Shadows respawn on any difficulty in NG+ or just on Merciless?

Just merciless

4 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Does difficulty affect the bond you gain? Asking as I just started the game

As far as I know, easy/normal/hard all give the same amount.  You get more once you do NG+ on merciless.

What I've settled on is grinding the Killer Teddy Bear with this method(I'm not level 99, though, but it still works). I don't think I feel like making my way to the second dire shadow just for around 20k more bond xp.  This is not my video, btw:

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I have Ryuji with me instead of Haru, so I can use him to shock if I'm having bad luck and Joker starts running low on SP.  I also don't have Sarasvati.  I just use a different persona that has diarahan.

Edited by DoctorBaofu

7 hours ago, psh8989 said:

My solution to this is to use Remote Play on my desktop, set up a PS4 controller macro (https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro) to record controller input, and visit and interact with the Billiken statue in the Shinsekai area in Osaka over and over, running back to the previous area each time. Each visit grants one of 3 bond XP gains (7500, 3750 or 2250 XP) at random and leaving the area its in and coming back resets it an unlimited number of times. It takes around 20 seconds to complete a full round. 

It took me about 20 minutes to set up, and most of that was configuring remote play to work. Now that it's going I've gone from 48 bond to 61 in around 30 minutes of letting this run in the background while I work. I occasionally check in on it to make sure the macro is running correctly and to save progress.

Normally I wouldn't turn to macros, but this is just an absurd grind in an otherwise amazing game. Hoping it'll be at or near maxed out by the end of the work day or tomorrow.

Grinding the dire shadows on merciless isn't too bad.  I've seen far worse grinds before.  Grinding Metatron on easy would be a nightmare to me, though.  I don't think I could have done it that way.   Got from 65 to 87 last night grinding the killer teddy bear while listening to some podcasts/watching something on my computer.  Hoping to finish it up tonight.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

Grinding the dire shadows on merciless isn't too bad.  I've seen far worse grinds before.  Grinding Metatron on easy would be a nightmare to me, though.  I don't think I could have done it that way.   Got from 65 to 87 last night grinding the killer teddy bear while listening to some podcasts/watching something on my computer.  Hoping to finish it up tonight.

Yeah, that's true. My language was a bit charged - the grind is certainly not the worst I've seen. But it is really out of place with the rest of the game and I didn't want to burn myself out on a game I otherwise really, really enjoyed.

The macro worked perfectly though. Wound up halfway through bond level 98 around 8 hours later. No burnout for me!

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 4:52 PM, psh8989 said:

My solution to this is to use Remote Play on my desktop, set up a PS4 controller macro (https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro) to record controller input, and visit and interact with the Billiken statue in the Shinsekai area in Osaka over and over, running back to the previous area each time. Each visit grants one of 3 bond XP gains (7500, 3750 or 2250 XP) at random and leaving the area its in and coming back resets it an unlimited number of times. It takes around 20 seconds to complete a full round. 

It took me about 20 minutes to set up, and most of that was configuring remote play to work. Now that it's going I've gone from 48 bond to 61 in around 30 minutes of letting this run in the background while I work. I occasionally check in on it to make sure the macro is running correctly and to save progress.

Normally I wouldn't turn to macros, but this is just an absurd grind in an otherwise amazing game. Hoping it'll be at or near maxed out by the end of the work day or tomorrow.

UPDATE - about 8 hours later at the end of the workday I was sitting halfway through bond level 98. 

I've been doing this since bond 64ish, this is really fast method, also nice as you can watch side stuff without having to worry about the possibility of being one shot, I would easily say this is faster than Metatron (mainly because you have to always pick up the request to refresh him, this you can just go back and fort and make the amount of bond XP Metatron gives you in a minute of it). I have also been doing this manually, no macro.

Just done, took several hours of grinding at most for me with this method.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

This trophy may be one that makes me give up on the game. I’ve got everything else done, but I don’t know that I can stomach killing Metatron another 200 or so times (currently at Bond 79), don’t want to have to replay the game on Normal again up to Osaka for the statue, and am apparently too stupid/incompetent to handle Merciless (I have a level 99 Abaddon with 99 in all stats, a near max Alice, and a decent selection of others, get rocked by the Bicorn miniboss every time, if I’m lucky enough to get that far. My party dies on me in seconds and trying to resurrect them or keep them in the fight just ends up being a war of attrition I invariably lose.)

Any suggestions, other than “grin and bear it” or “git gud, scrub?” I did P5 and P5R, and would love to have the trifecta, but no matter which of the three options I see in front of me, there’s not really any more fun to be had with this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

This trophy may be one that makes me give up on the game. I’ve got everything else done, but I don’t know that I can stomach killing Metatron another 200 or so times (currently at Bond 79), don’t want to have to replay the game on Normal again up to Osaka for the statue, and am apparently too stupid/incompetent to handle Merciless (I have a level 99 Abaddon with 99 in all stats, a near max Alice, and a decent selection of others, get rocked by the Bicorn miniboss every time, if I’m lucky enough to get that far. My party dies on me in seconds and trying to resurrect them or keep them in the fight just ends up being a war of attrition I invariably lose.)

Any suggestions, other than “grin and bear it” or “git gud, scrub?” I did P5 and P5R, and would love to have the trifecta, but no matter which of the three options I see in front of me, there’s not really any more fun to be had with this one.

I feel you man.

I love Persona 5 like any other here and I'm no stranger to platinum grind for sure, but I just don't have it in me to fight a boss over and over for 15 hours on end. Strikers is an amazing game and i'll definitely replay it sometime later in life, but I'm not going to spend that time on such a monotonous task.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashande said:

If you have max level with all your party members + best equipment (Karna's Robe+, Baton Keychain, etc.), then the only option you have is more max personas. You need to have a variety of them and not just one or 2. Take a few hours to get a few. The most common weaknesses are Fire, Wind, Elec. My best Suggestion is Norn (Lightning + Wind Immunity + Wind Attacks for bosses), Black Frost (Curse, Fire, Ice Immunity), maybe a devoted healing+buffing persona (Heat Riser+Samarecarm+Mediarahan+Spell Master). Use Buffs to reduce the damage that you take. You can also equip yourself with Firm Stance to help reduce the damage taken from enemies. You can't be mindless in Merciless, you need to be careful, and after the mini-bosses, event battles & Alice, you can choose to run away from any non-important battle.

9 hours ago, Ashande said:

I have a level 99 Abaddon with 99 in all stats

Why would you ever do this?

At least wait until you're done maxing actually useful personas like Alice or Yoshitsune. 

Just keep grinding metaton, buy & sacrifice maras for pp while leveling up good personas like thor who wrecks bicorn.

9 minutes ago, mwolfizcool said:

Why would you ever do this?

At least wait until you're done maxing actually useful personas like Alice or Yoshitsune. 

Just keep grinding metaton, buy & sacrifice maras for pp while leveling up good personas like thor who wrecks bicorn.

Did it because he had Curse and Ziodyne to wreck Metatron, primarily. Alice isn’t far behind him, has most of the -dynes, just was lacking Zio.

4 hours ago, Ashande said:

Did it because he had Curse and Ziodyne to wreck Metatron, primarily. Alice isn’t far behind him, has most of the -dynes, just was lacking Zio.

It's better to make just a few persona that has a collosal spell against a shadow instead of one that has many dyne spells since they're lower damage.

Like Thor with Wild Thunder, Black/King frost with Diamond Dust/Ice age, Lucifer with Blazing hell or morning star. Alice doesn't have a collosal curse spell but can get curse amp/boost & Eiagon. Her alone can destroy metaton, anyway idk Abbadon just seemed weird to me since he's a worse Yoshitsune.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, DEMON said:

I've been doing this since bond 64ish, this is really fast method, also nice as you can watch side stuff without having to worry about the possibility of being one shot, I would easily say this is faster than Metatron (mainly because you have to always pick up the request to refresh him, this you can just go back and fort and make the amount of bond XP Metatron gives you in a minute of it). I have also been doing this manually, no macro.

Just done, took several hours of grinding at most for me with this method.

I've being doing this one manually as well. Been watching movies/shows on Netflix and Disney+ while running back and forth to the statue, once I found my rhythm I didn't need to look at the screen anymore. Overall I have enjoyed this method of farming bond exp more than the fighting the bosses over and over again. I can just chill and catch up on shows 'n' movies while my brain runs on auto mode. I've also been playing on PS5 so I barely have to deal with loading. 

Started trying the Metatron method (on Easy of course).

Joker with Alice using the Concentrate spell then attack with the heavy curse spell. Rinse and repeat till SP runs out. This will take a huge chunk of his healthbar, I then finish him off with Ryuji + all out attacks, showdown attacks etc.

This takes 2 minutes. I imagine the process will get faster as my Alice levels up as well. 

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 1