The PS3 Store Eulogy List

DrBloodmoney

How appropriate!  On July 2nd I'll pour one out for these lost heroes:

Remember Me - The graphics were silky smooth, Keiza's pronunciation was intoxicating, and the plot was mind-blowing.  My most serendipitous, PS3-only game experience.

Of Orcs And Men - Not sure why I liked this so much.  Swapable brute and stealth characters?  Unique origin of universal ogre/goblin hatred?  The soundtrack?  I want more!!!

Dragon Age - Origins - The dialogue in this game is epic.  Who puts this much work into a side quest???  Sorry Dragon Age II, but this was an impossible act to follow...

• Like 4

• Dungeon Defenders - 4-player Co-op Tower Defense/RPG
  • Shoot Many Robots - 4-player Co-op Shmup
  • Buzz Quiz TV - 4-8 player Quiz online quiz game with UGC

Good shout-out for Singularity. Great single-player campaign and amazing multiplayer.

• Like 2

Shadows Of The Damned: One of my favorites games ever. This game is like a super stylized mixture of Silent Hill, Resident Evil 4, and The Evil Dead movies (even a level is titled 'As Evil As Dead').

Motorstorm Apocalypse: This is absolute one of the best racing games out there. Its intense, full of action and race after race i was on the edge of my seat trying to win.

The Saboteur: This game is highly underated. It's fun, has a great gameplay, interesting characters and story, and a huge amount of content. It's a little rough around the edges, but in the end what matters the most is how much enjoyment you get out of it, and i got a ton out of this game.

Edited by Neptuos
  • Like 1

Spec ops the line: standard third person gameplay but excellent story and character development that elevated this above your average shooter. 

Metal gear rising: Excellent hack an slash with a nice soundtrack to boot, it holds up surprisingly well even today apart from the awful camera angle that sometimes get in the way. 

Max Payne 3: no doubt one of my favorite third person shooters from that gen. Gameplay is great, max with his commentary is great and there's something very satisfying seeing enemies react to your shoots while getting riddled with holes. I know it's probably not a huge money maker for em but I'd love to see a sequel to this one day. 

• Like 3

Drakengard 3: Describing this game quickly is pretty hard. It's Yoko Taro completely untethered. It has some technical issues, but they're worth putting up with if you want something truly unique. Hopefully Nier Replicant's remaster goes over well so this one gets the same treatment.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: This is the perfect amount of Far Cry as it actually leaves you wanting more. One of the few games that actually manages to pull off the crass retro 80s action send up.

Lollipop Chainsaw: Probably the least beloved of Grasshoppers games this generation. As a character action game it is lacking, but the unique aesthetic and killer soundtrack make it memorable. It's a game made by Suda and Troma alumni James Gunn back when he was best known for the delightfully camp film Slither and it shows.

• Like 3

A lot of people are posting games that you can still buy physical copies of from second hand stores for cheap so just to reassure some people, it's only the online store that's closing, you can still play your ps3 games afterwards.

• Like 3