Is a 100% account worth it?

undeaduser666

I think its worth it, I like the sense of completion in basically anything that I do

My list might not be super impressive, or super lame, hard or easy, I frankly don't care, I do look up before starting a game whether or not it's still possible to 100% it, but rarely I withhold myself to start it (to be honest I'm starting to stay away at older games anyway for no apparent reason)

Having 100% makes me sorta feel I've experienced anything possible in that game, but that doesn't mean that a 100% on the trophy list means I'm done, right now my last plat was World War Z, basically the moment u start until the end is entirely a grind, I have 100% but in the game itself I haven't completed everything just yet, so I continue until I do

In the end it doesn't really matter that much what I can show off with, the only thing I can be proud of is that for every game I played that I had fun completing it

On 2-4-2021 at 7:45 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

People mostly do it because they like how a 100% perfect profile looks. Most will tell you it's not worth it (and for good reason). Personally I would be going for it right now but have two unobtainable platinums on my profile so I am permanently gated from it unless Sony does something about unobtainables at some point. 

100% is still possible altough its realy hard  the numbers hve up to 2 decimals.

if you gain enough trophies and only 100% games its still possible to get 100% the real number would probatly be like 99,999% but it would show up as 100

• Like 1

I kinda like to be somewhere in the middle. I finish Most Thinge but when  i am Not in the mood  for something i dont do it. I orten Go back to older games to clean them up but some things i will just Never do. Like this i was able to get platinum in uncharted 2 without to worry the horrible multiplayer trophies. Same with Doom. 
so i will probably push to get over 90% but overall i prefer to Play what i want plus sometimes Go for some ultrarares 

10 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

100% is still possible altough its realy hard  the numbers hve up to 2 decimals.

if you gain enough trophies and only 100% games its still possible to get 100% the real number would probatly be like 99,999% but it would show up as 100

Huh that's pretty cool. I plan to 100% every obtainable game that touches my account from here on out so 99.999% here we come.

1 minute ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Huh that's pretty cool. I plan to 100% every obtainable game that touches my account from here on out so 99.999% here we come.

its easy math realy

lets say you have 99 trophies and are missing 1  that would put you at 99%

however if you got 900 trophies more that would put you at 99,9%  at least as long as you only got all trophies from the games so you wouldnt miss more then 1

now in reality its a bit more complicated since silver trophies for example are worth more then bronze  but I tried to keep it simple so its more understandable.

do keep in mind though you need a lot of 100%  to copensate any missing trophy

but it is possible

• Like 1

Whatever makes you happy but from my personal experience, I think that you shouldn’t there are stuff more important in your life then completion, and logically u can’t have a 100% unless you leave the account after reaching a certain point, it’s to much to think about, so I hope you stay the way you are, try aiming for higher completion and challenge yourself and eventually it will go up, that’s more satisfying than cherry-picking your games and you will always be scared to start something you can’t complete, good luck ? 

52 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Yes.?

No.

It's a waste of your life and it limits your enjoyment.

You will probably get screwed over by some game down the line that adds trophies you can't possibly get, or disable some online feature or whatever. This can happen even if you play on a blank account.

I've discussed this many times before, and the simple reality is, it's just not worth it.

Edited by MMDE

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Where do you live that 200 is a lot of money because I need to move there. I would actually be rich then.

spending 200 euros on food is not the same as spending 200 euros dining one night in a restaurant, just as spending 200 euros on several games is not the same as having the money to spend 200 euros on some dlc's of a dead game to get 10 bronze trophies. 

what i don't understand is why an american comes to talk about money, for your profile you have the ps5 and all the possible games of this, obviously you are the clear example that you have that % of completion in your games because you have money to afford all that. 

Edited by AriieSiiS_-

32 minutes ago, AriieSiiS_- said:

spending 200 euros on food is not the same as spending 200 euros dining one night in a restaurant, just as spending 200 euros on several games is not the same as having the money to spend 200 euros on some dlc's of a dead game to get 10 bronze trophies. 

what i don't understand is why an american comes to talk about money, for your profile you have the ps5 and all the possible games of this, obviously you are the clear example that you have that % of completion in your games because you have money to afford all that. 

You do realize most PS5 games are just free upgrades right? I think the only ones I actually bought was COD CW, AC Valhalla, and Demon Souls. Everything else is simply a free upgrade or PS+ game. Besides even if you can afford games that doesn't quantify to completion %. You have to put in the time and effort to achieve it.

You also seem to focus on the extremes of DLC. I think there was maybe a handful of DLC I bought on a dead game and they were pretty cheap. Most of the DLC I buy is when a game is active.

Also, why bring up the fact I'm American?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

You do realize most PS5 games are just free upgrades right? I think the only ones I actually bought was COD CW, AC Valhalla, and Demon Souls. Everything else is simply a free upgrade or PS+ game. Besides even if you can afford games that doesn't quantify to completion %. You have to put in the time and effort to achieve it.

You also seem to focus on the extremes of DLC. I think there was maybe a handful of DLC I bought on a dead game and they were pretty cheap. Most of the DLC I buy is when a game is active.

Also, why bring up the fact I'm American?

it's not that complicated, just admit that if you didn't have money to spare, the dlc's would prevent you from getting 100%. There is literally another pretty hot post right now where they are complaining about borderlands 3 and its abusive dlc's and you have 100% on that game. Not only did you buy the game for its full price surely, but you also paid 50 bucks (the price of one or more whole games) and yet now they have put more dlc's outside of the season pass (I'm talking in general, not that you did just that). If you are a person limited in economic issues now you have to decide whether to spend your money on a whole game or spend it on a dlc for 5 bronze trophies. You can afford both and that's why you don't care but many people can't, and it's as easy as looking at the % of platinums and % of 100% in those games.

58 minutes ago, AriieSiiS_- said:

it's not that complicated, just admit that if you didn't have money to spare, the dlc's would prevent you from getting 100%. There is literally another pretty hot post right now where they are complaining about borderlands 3 and its abusive dlc's and you have 100% on that game. Not only did you buy the game for its full price surely, but you also paid 50 bucks (the price of one or more whole games) and yet now they have put more dlc's outside of the season pass (I'm talking in general, not that you did just that). If you are a person limited in economic issues now you have to decide whether to spend your money on a whole game or spend it on a dlc for 5 bronze trophies. You can afford both and that's why you don't care but many people can't, and it's as easy as looking at the % of platinums and % of 100% in those games.

Holy cow, you are really reaching here.

You really need to stop assuming and do research. If you actually follow that thread like I do and you can even see my comments in the Borderlands 3 thread it is currently 35% off, which is why I bought it. Perhaps you need to learn that there are these things called "Sales" and they lower the price of the content your buy.

If you actually think anyone with an account my size actually paid full price for everything on it, your out of your mind.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, x7251 said:

Most of the 100% profiles I have seen have few ultra rare platinums or avoid difficult games. Recently in the past year I have been cleaning out my list going back to finishing games I played several years ago. I will never have a 100% completion account, but a 90%+ completion is good enough for me. I started playing a sports game MLB 10 The Show long before I was seriously interested in trophy collecting, and I have unobtainable online trophies in that game. I am NOT going to start over because of that 1 game, when I have several platinum trophies that cannot be obtained today when starting a fresh new account. 

Old sports games with trophies were notorious for ridiculously long online or had trophy requirements that only the most hardcore of players would attempt. MLB 10 the Show's list is brutal, I don't blame anyone for not getting all the trophies, I probably wouldn't.

• Like 1

I mean, I think it’s just about the route you take when you start gaming. You don’t exactly stumble upon completionism. You have to plan, almost from the beginning. 

When PlayStations started popping trophies, I didn’t exactly care to finish everything, played a lot more casually. Didn’t avoid games because of the list, like I occasionally do now.

My completion rate is a sacrifice for trying some hard games I never would have if I was a completionist, and many I have completed with pride as a result of the risk taking. 

38 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Holy cow, you are really reaching here.

You really need to stop assuming and do research. If you actually follow that thread like I do and you can even see my comments in the Borderlands 3 thread it is currently 35% off, which is why I bought it. Perhaps you need to learn that there are these things called "Sales" and they lower the price of the content your buy.

If you actually think anyone with an account my size actually paid full price for everything on it, your out of your mind.

maybe they are on discount now and you have the money to pay for it, maybe someone else doesn't have the money right now and then they don't discount it anymore (like in PS3 that since a long time ago there is no more discount), so again you try to speak from a position that you haven't lived. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AriieSiiS_- said:

maybe they are on discount now and you have the money to pay for it, maybe someone else doesn't have the money right now and then they don't discount it anymore (like in PS3 that since a long time ago there is no more discount), so again you try to speak from a position that you haven't lived. 

And once again you are assuming my wealth. I am not rich, there were plenty of things I never bought back in the day and had to purchase them at a higher price. Gaming is a hobby, sometimes you have money to spend on that hobby and sometimes you don't. You seem to think people are choosing between food and a DLC here. If you don't have $20 dollars to spend on a DLC, you skip it until you can afford it later on.

If you can afford the system to play the game on, the game itself, and the internet bill to connect to PSN, you can buy a DLC here and there. Do that for the last 15 years and you'll have a large PSN account.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

And once again you are assuming my wealth. I am not rich, there were plenty of things I never bought back in the day and had to purchase them at a higher price. Gaming is a hobby, sometimes you have money to spend on that hobby and sometimes you don't. You seem to think people are choosing between food and a DLC here. If you don't have $20 dollars to spend on a DLC, you skip it until you can afford it later on.

If you can afford the system to play the game on, the game itself, and the internet bill to connect to PSN, you can buy a DLC here and there. Do that for the last 15 years and you'll have a large PSN account.

Things like Steam sales and such have made buying a few games cheaper than ever before.

Looking back I had to pay more for PS2 games and PS3 games, and we didn't have as much available. In regards to DLC I bought both the Fallout 4 Season Pass and the Middle Earth: Shadow of War DLC at a discount. Same with Just Cause 4, a game you recently finished.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Things like Steam sales and such have made buying a few games cheaper than ever before.

Looking back I had to pay more for PS2 games and PS3 games, and we didn't have as much available. In regards to DLC I bought both the Fallout 4 Season Pass and the Middle Earth: Shadow of War DLC at a discount. Same with Just Cause 4, a game you recently finished.

For sure, sales are a big part of gaming for me and most people. How many other hobbies can you buy a product and get 40 hours + for $5? Not many in my experience. You don't need to be rich are even that well off to buy games and DLCs nowadays.

Just Cause 4 was fun. I got it through PS+ and got the DLC for like 80% off or something like that lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

the thing is, is it worth paying for a dlc when you have no money to spare just to get a couple of trophies? No, if you can spare the money, then yes. End of question, I don't know why someone with 400 games and many of them with dlc's comes to give an opinion about something. You don't have to be rich but you obviously have money to spare for video games and you don't have to choose between buying a crappy sale dlc or buying a new game to play that month, you can buy both, and that's exactly why you don't understand that there are people who CAN'T buy both and can't get 100% of their games for that reason, or only have 30-40-50 games in their accounts like there are many in this thread.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AriieSiiS_- said:

I don't know why someone with 400 games and many of them with dlc's comes to give an opinion about something.

Yeah, it's weird that someone who plays a lot of games came to share an opinion about gaming on a gaming enthusiast site. What was he thinking?!?

• Like 1

I would say it's only worth it if you aren't too married to the idea.

I'm in the process of really getting my percentages up. Close to the beginning of the year I was at a whopping 47 percent. Now with a little work...I'm sitting at 63 with a goal of 85 by the end of the year.

Two things: 1. 100 percents cost more in DLC money. 2. A lot of the profiles I've seen at 100 percent seem to dodge tougher games that are also really good.

I'd say if you can do it and not become a headcase...go for it....but I'd focus on having a good time first.

2 hours ago, simmias said:

Yeah, it's weird that someone who plays a lot of games came to share an opinion about gaming on a gaming enthusiast site. What was he thinking?!?

obviously I was referring to the issue of money, but I put it wrong. English is not my native language.

If you have to ask, I would say no. It's only for people who want to have extremely tight control over the cleanliness of their profiles, and all it takes is one server shutdown, one glitched trophy, etc and that's ruined. I'd like to get my completion percentage higher but I'm not going to obsess over it, since I have a bunch of dead games on my profile I can't 100% even if I wanted to. And I really can't be assed to do DLC trophies on all my games; I usually just go for platinums and call it a day there.

• Like 3