Beware: Dwindling Player Base

Kazduin

Hey everyone! I actually really liked this game and I think it has a lot of potential. However, I just wanted to warn everyone on here that the player base for this game is already almost non-existent and it makes getting a normally 7/10 platinum a 9/10 in my opinion. Finding matches is hard and you are lucky if you find anything other than solo game modes. Also the achievements Instant Service, No Escape, and Flamethrower are very difficult.

Instant Service is buggy and almost impossible to boost(I was lucky I got it or I would have given up.) and No Escape+Flamethrower are almost impossible without playing the aforementioned team games that are impossible to find or having someone help you boost it. 

If you miss car combat games like Twisted Metal you’ll enjoy this(though I like Twisted Metal and weapon pickups more) give this game a try. There isn’t really much depth to this game though and it suffers from a decent amount of balancing issues and problems with it’s netcode. 

Edited by Kazduin
  • Like 2

No surprise this game would die. It got so repetitive after a few hours of playtime. It’s still hilarious that they wanted to charge $70 for it. I’m glad I got the platinum, hope others get it. But this game is just like Fall Guys. It’s fun for a few rounds, and then it drops off the face of the earth.

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 3

Now if Sony didn't require people to own a PS5 to claim PS5 PS+ games maybe this game would have come back to life. Unfortunately due to that decision, people missed the ability to play this game in its prime because they spent a lot of time trying to get their hands on a PS5 without any success. I'll probably never play this game, but it's unfortunate for anyone who liked the look of it to have missed out due to being unable to get a PS5. This is what happens when they make games like this into PS5 exclusives before the PS5 became more widely available.

3 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Do you mean having PS5 only games? Because you can still claim PS5 games without a PS5. 

I see now, I guess in general the dwindling player base could well be caused by the shitty situation surrounding getting a PS5. Of course this game was a reward to people who own a PS5 and they needed something that would make PS5 owners satisfied in the line-up. However, I guess it's also unfortunate that not everyone could get a PS5 at the same time to play the game, I have a PS5 so it's not affecting me but surely this was a game that people playing the PS5 lottery were looking forward to playing once they got their hands on a console.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm surprised, I'm afraid. 

The reviews were very tepid for this one, and the pre-release info certainly didn't do it any favours, I think.

I agree that availability of PS5's is likely a factor, but even then - I don't have a PS5, but I still add all the PS Plus games to my library for when I do... but this is the only one where I didn't bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Now if Sony didn't require people to own a PS5 to claim PS5 PS+ games maybe this game would have come back to life. Unfortunately due to that decision, people missed the ability to play this game in its prime because they spent a lot of time trying to get their hands on a PS5 without any success. I'll probably never play this game, but it's unfortunate for anyone who liked the look of it to have missed out due to being unable to get a PS5. This is what happens when they make games like this into PS5 exclusives before the PS5 became more widely available.

You don't need a PS5 to claim the PS5 PS+ games. You can log onto the PSN web store and claim them. I don't have a PS5 yet but I have claimed them on the web store each month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Even with it being on PS+? That is a shame, since seeing the trailers I've really wanted to try this game, but I haven't been able to snag a PS5 yet. Thanks for the head up!

Yeah when I grabbed it on plus and booted it up, I was horrified to be unable to find a match. I have never played Stockpile and I regularly had to switch servers to find just solo Mayhem games.

The day I finished getting the platinum myself and others in the boosting group noticed you could no longer access U.S Central, Australia, or Japan servers. I’m assuming the developers temporarily closed all the other servers to stop the player base from being separated so you could at least find games again. It’s a fun game but it’s going to need a lot of help snd a lot of good will to pull it out of the rut it’s in. I suspect when more people can get a PS5, more people will be able to play this game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

No surprise this game would die. It got so repetitive after a few hours of playtime. It’s still hilarious that they wanted to charge $70 for it. I’m glad I got the platinum, hope others get it. But this game is just like Fall Guys. It’s fun for a few rounds, and then it drops off the face of the earth.

Lmao at least Fall Guys has well over a 1000 recent players, this game can't even get past 100 sometimes.

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

You don't need a PS5 to claim the PS5 PS+ games. You can log onto the PSN web store and claim them. I don't have a PS5 yet but I have claimed them on the web store each month.

Yeah but they don't tell people that for this exact reason. They want people to panic buy a PS5 asap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

The horrendous launch of the PS5 itself was bad enough. But it's Sony's bullshit decisions keeping me away from spending hundreds of dollars on this next gen console. I'm not going to further support a company that continues to shaft their long time consumers, so while I may be missing the 4K, 60 FPS capabilities of the PS5 and ray tracing, there's really not much of anything I want on the new console anyway.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The horrendous launch of the PS5 itself was bad enough. But it's Sony's bullshit decisions keeping me away from spending hundreds of dollars on this next gen console. I'm not going to further support a company that continues to shaft their long time consumers, so while I may be missing the 4K, 60 FPS capabilities of the PS5 and ray tracing, there's really not much of anything I want on the new console anyway.

I'm sure they'll miss you whilst you purchase PS4 games, PS Now or PS Plus instead ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Only1Tommo1 said:

I'm sure they'll miss you whilst you purchase PS4 games, PS Now or PS Plus instead 1f610.png

Nobody cares if I leave since I'm one of those niche guys and I'm already the minority. Sony just wants their big bucks coming from the masses and to help keep their investors satisfied.

On the subject of this game, it was handled poorly by Sony 100%. I reckon it could be saved though coz it does have a scent of a decent game in there. I always imagined a destruction derby mode. Or even a race mode. I'm unsure of the updates, but they won't be making a wrong choice by adding this as part of the PS Plus collection. Shame I'll prob not get the plat now, but meh, can't beat them all

• 3 weeks later...

It would've made much more sense imo to make the game completely F2P. No PS+ to play the game, no PS+ monthly claim, just free, like Fortnite, Apex, Warzone, Rocket League, etc. I think they'll eventually make the game completely F2P in hopes of getting back players, or they might just can it completely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just as I thought. Game was super popular when I started at 7th April and already saw the playerbase going down when I got the platinum. Shame for people who didn't get a PS5 early.

Maybe will buy PS5 in 2-3 years from now. It’s impossible to boost it with team on empty lobbies?

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

Maybe will buy PS5 in 2-3 years from now. It’s impossible to boost it with team on empty lobbies?

If you are enough players then no prob to boost it with empty loobies (if they dont close servers before of course :D)

Just need to know how many people you need for the game to start ^^

The last update swapped things to only two match types at a time so it’s actually been a lot easier to find matches now. Also for what it’s worth I’m still seeing a lot of low level users playing so I don’t think we need to worry about it being totally empty anytime soon.

• Like 1