PS4/PS5 Cant see PS3 online users anymore?

Lelo4Ever

I've noticed that when I'm online on my PS3, other PS4 or PS5 players can't see me anymore on their PS4/PS5 friend lists after the firmware update that both ps4 and ps5 had today...

Is this happening with all of you as well?

I know that we only saw ps3 players online on the ps3 friend list for quite some time... but the other way around is a first...

probably they are getting ready to the retirement of the "legacy" messaging system(ps3/vita)... or the whole "online" system on ps3/vita... what are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It's not because of todays patch, it's been awhile. You also can't read messages sent from another system (Ex, Someone on a PS3 sends me a message...I won't see it on PS4, only PS3)

oh... thats ok then... Ive just noticed that limitation today... its been a while since I used the ps3... just on the "ps store close rush" as mostly everyone else... just downloading and patching old stuff.... thanks for the info...

it's been around for a while now, noticed it a while ago myself. don't see why they've changed such a small feature and harmless thing honestly, it's not like the PS3 is completely being killed off anytime soon (wouldn't be surprised if it was though at this point) but then again i don't feel like it's something to get worked up about 

• Like 1

Yeah, the PS4 had a patch earlier when the PS5 launched that took all PS3 and Vita statuses off the board. You literally could be 'ghosting' on your PS3/Vita and a PS4 user would think you were offline.

Edited by agorazUHD
The post above mentioned PS5 to PS3 status already.

25 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

It was ps4 fw8.00 that stopped seeing ps3 friends online on ps4. I beta tested it and complained too. 

On a vita you can see ps3 and 4 online but they can't see you. Can not see ps5 users. 

It's almost like you can spy on your friends list if you are a PS Vita user haha 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Yeah, it's been like that for a while now. At first it was just that you couldn't see PS4 or PS5 users when you were on your PS3 but now you can't see PS3 users when you're on PS4 or PS5 either. Sony are cutting all ties with PS3 for some reason.

And this is sad because PS3 is their best console at the moment

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

And this is sad because PS3 is their best console at the moment

In what way?

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

It’s been like this for awhile now. I’m not sure when it happened but it was some time in the past year I began noticing this. It’s not the end of the world or anything, but it is just one more thing to add to the growing pile of annoyances I have with Sony lately.

Hey dude!

• Like 2

Yeah, I haven't been able to see my PS3 friends online a for a long time now, I get that Sony wants to move with the PS3, however there are still so many people playing it that the way they are doing things is not the best one. It saddens me to see such great console being treated like this.

2 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

You're comparing the shutdown of the PS3 store to Antisemitism? That is the most over the top take I have ever seen. Seriously rethink on this "analogy" of yours.

Just when you think you’ve seen all the crazy shit the internet has to offer, some guy comes along and compares the phasing out of the PS3 to the Holocaust. What a world we live in. ?

1 hour ago, ImMagnetz said:

Hey dude!

Ayy bruv. Love the avatar btw, I don’t think I ever mentioned it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Just when you think you’ve seen all the crazy shit the internet has to offer, some guy comes along and compares the phasing out of the PS3 to the Holocaust. What a world we live in. 1f602.png

I know right? ? The mods here were quick to remove it at least but yeah I guess no matter the forum or community you'll always have that sadly.

4 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

I know right? 1f605.png The mods here were quick to remove it at least but yeah I guess no matter the forum or community you'll always have that sadly.

You think people would learn... there have been many examples in recent memory where these sorts of analogies get people in big trouble (ex. Gina Carano getting fired from Star Wars a couple months ago), yet people continue to do it regularly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...