New DLC trophies have arrived

im thrilled for season pass 10. all this dlc is worse then borderlands 3. its ridiculously high with low amount of trophies. which sucks because the game is a good series. if they dont eventually come out with some sort of complete edition one day thats going to really suck. i have the steelcase edition and feel like its worth more if i recycle it lol

7 hours ago, Carol said:

The new difficulty mode and all the horde maps are free.

I definitely don’t think you should let your completionist side speak louder when it comes to this game. The game isn’t that good and the DLC levels probably aren’t either.

If I ever complete this game’s trophy list, it will be years from now, when no one plays PS4 anymore and I can buy the season passes for 3€.

they have had the season pass on sale, but its usually only a few dollars off. so with tax it comes right back to the original price. i have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that just dont get discounted ever. 

25 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

they have had the season pass on sale, but its usually only a few dollars off. so with tax it comes right back to the original price. i have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that just dont get discounted ever. 

Yeah when this game hit PS+ last month the first 2 season passes were on sale and yet they were still a combined $45 or $50 CAD with the discount. Utterly ridiculous!

This game was fun for what is was - a few hours of co-op fun with some friends. But I absolutely despise the business model. Not only is the DLC stuff silly, but half of the base game content is locked behind a paywall too! There’s only like 3-4 guns per slot if I remember correctly, because the majority of the guns are buyable DLCs. Not to mention all the skins and emotes and other crap they shill out on top of that. It’s really gross.

• Like 1

*internally screams*

With every new DLC coming out for this game a little part of my completionist self dies. For a casual fan of this game this is awesome news, no doubt. But I feel like this is exactly one of the reasons why trophy hunting started to tire me and feel like a chore. Now, everytime I complete a game for 100%, I can no longer be certain that it is indeed final 100 and I won't be forced to come back to the game in future because someone decides to release a new DLC with trophies ?? And yes, yes, I know, no one forces you to play the game if you don't like it, so spare me lectures. I'm in the minority, I realize that.

This is a killing blow to my ocd and my wallet with all these multiple passes.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

*internally screams*

With every new DLC coming out for this game a little part of my completionist self dies. For a casual fan of this game this is awesome news, no doubt. But I feel like this is exactly one of the reasons why trophy hunting started to tire me and feel like a chore. Now, everytime I complete a game for 100%, I can no longer be certain that it is indeed final 100 and I won't be forced to come back to the game in future because someone decides to release a new DLC with trophies ?? And yes, yes, I know, no one forces you to play the game if you don't like it, so spare me lectures. I'm in the minority, I realize that.

This is a killing blow to my ocd and my wallet with all these multiple passes.

Well put and i agree with everything you say.  It wears you out.  I'd be willing to bet Trophy completionist are about the only group of people forking out money for this.  I'd imagine the fan base for the game has long moved onto something else.   i just can't imagine more than a handful of people being excited about a lack luster campaign that came out 15 months ago enough to fork over another $25 to $35.  to make matters worse now we get to play the game again where had we not bought the game upon release we could of just played it once on nightmare, im assuming.  so it's like we get double screwed for supporting their game early.  I hate forking over more money but the time it will take to play the campaign again is even worse.  Sure enough some ass wipe will come along and tell us nobody has to play it if they don't want to.  Happens every time.

• Like 1

On 29. 4. 2021 at 2:05 PM, SquidGeneral10 said:

'Ello gamers.

I was looking at the developers' discord yesterday (invite link here) and it seems the PC versions just had these new achievements added:

None More Hard - Complete the Campaign on Nightmare Difficulty

Have you tried turning it off and on again? - Complete Terminal Error on any difficulty

The blighters got through a second time - Complete 12 Consecutive Waves And Escape From The Horde Map "Frozen In Fear"

Nothing super unexpected here with the usual new campaign & horde maps, but this likely means another season pass is on the way.

Also, note that there hasn't been any trailers or news (despite having achievements the new content isn't even out on PC yet so it might be a week or two before we actually see the new content on PS4/ PS5).

I assume Nightmare difficulty will be harder than the existing Brutal (which removes your HUD and only lets you revives teammates with a medkit), but so long as the glitch that only requires you to beat the last chapter of each level to 'beat the campaign' isn't fixed then it should be alright.

New information from this point onwards - the DLC trophies are now live!

Nightmare difficulty is FREE. From what I've been told in the Rebellion discord it's drastically harder and can only be played with a maximum of 2 players.

"Frozen In Fear" is a FREE horde map. Shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Terminal Error is a PAID campaign map, in the UK it's £5.79. I have to assume this is going to be the usual thing and have two more campaign levels eventually that get bundled up in a season pass.

Speaking of season passes, the new one is out and in the UK it's £28.99. I have a feeling there will be more campaign levels to go along with Terminal Error in the near future.

Maybe Im wrong but I just checked the game and there is no nightmare difficulty. After that I checked zombie spawn and there is spawn for 1-4 players and NIGHTMARE. So I guess nightmare is for zombie spawn only and we can play it on easy? 

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I’ve never seen a greedier DLC scheme than with this game (Borderlands 3 comes close). 2 season passes already, $40 each, and they make a THIRD one for ANOTHER $40? Are you f***king kidding me?! And all this for probably a total of 11 missions that would be given as free DLC in any other game..

Not to mention you only get a single bronze out of most of these missions. Can’t believe anyone is actually buying into this.

1 & 2 just recently have been 50% off.

Also, new missions are great, horde maps are free, and there are lots of new guns and cosmetics included. How many trophies they have is irrelevant for the sane people, this is much better, than it was in Sniper Elite 3 with tons of trophies, but all content have been completed in 2 hours.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, HuntingFever said:

Evolve, Borderlands 3, Cities: Skylines, Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 6 and Dynasty Warriors 9 all have multiple Season Passes (8 in the case of DOA 5) so it's far from unusual or uncommon.

don't mention season passes that don't offer any trophies (especially fighting games) and also simulation games are notorious for this. This has never been the case in a single player game like this

17 minutes ago, othmaneAD said:

don't mention season passes that don't offer any trophies (especially fighting games) and also simulation games are notorious for this. This has never been the case in a single player game like this

It's the case now so get used to it, because this practice is only going to get more and more common as developers realise there are plenty of people out there who are more than happy to let themselves get conned into buying multiple season passes for whatever game it may be.

7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i wonder if we all set up a day to tell them how shit the dlc price is on twitter if theyll reduce it or get the hint to never do that again. it worked for the ps3 store

quite honestly i think it will sell very poorly and they will get the hint.  the entire concept is shit.  I think nobody should buy sniper elite 5 at launch.  I love sniper elite games even though they are all pretty much the same thing.  This game along with strange brigade are Rebellions worst games imo.  Because I have platinum every rebellion game normally SE5 would have been a day one purchase for me but it will get played when it's free on plus  or $5.00 or not all all.  Usually I don't get mad at companies trying to make some money but this is horrible and worse than what borderlands 3 did another franchise i have all the games complete.  Both games were shit borderlands 3 and zombie army 4.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's the case now so get used to it, because this practice is only going to get more and more common as developers realise there are plenty of people out there who are more than happy to let themselves get conned into buying multiple season passes for whatever game it may be.

you'll see

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, M-A-T-T--89 said:

Does anyone know whether 'Return To Hell' is the last dlc and therewith the end of this trophy hell? Or is there gonna be more to come?

It is said that Return To Hell is "actually the climactic finale of a three-part DLC campaign for Zombie Army 4: Dead War. This final mission will round out the story of the new narrative, and debuting in the game alongside the third story installment are weapon skins themed around Van Helsing (wonder if Hugh Jackman's take on the character would ever enter Rebellion's shooter)."

There is no talk about a S4...yet. I think.

58 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

It is said that Return To Hell is "actually the climactic finale of a three-part DLC campaign for Zombie Army 4: Dead War. This final mission will round out the story of the new narrative, and debuting in the game alongside the third story installment are weapon skins themed around Van Helsing (wonder if Hugh Jackman's take on the character would ever enter Rebellion's shooter)."

There is no talk about a S4...yet. I think.

And season 5,6,7, and 8,........