Star Wars jedi fallen order PS5

This was a game I bought back when it was new, but due to a large back log, I haven't even gotten the chance to play it yet. Does anybody know if there will be an auto pop from PS5 to PS4? Id love to make my first play through on PS5 to get the enhancements, and I know some games can auto pop that direction, but if its only PS4 to PS5, then I'll have to play that first.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:55 AM, brikwall2002 said:

It looks like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is getting a PS5 Next gen upgrade. The upgrade will be free for players who already own the ps4 version of the game. This article gives kind of an overview talking about how more details will be shared soon. The game is 70% off right now in the playstation store. good opportunity to get it now if you don’t already own it. 

Does that include the version off of the PSN? I just bought mine in the sale 

I know this will end up getting lost in this thread in no time, but EA has done an amazing thing here...

If you look at the FAQs, you can import your PS4 save WITHOUT installing the PS4 version and uploading it first - this is something that all publishers should be doing with their games. Maybe it's a new process that's only just rolled out with the new PS5 firmware?

Secondly, if you own a digital PS5 or Xbox Series S, you can contact them and show proof of purchase for the console and game to receive a digital code so you can still upgrade to the new version! This may actually lead to an influx of digital codes for sale on eBay as I imagine people will find a way of doing this to turn a profit.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I would assume haptic support would be listed in the notes for the PS5 version. I'm still a few hours away from having a chance to play, so I wont know until later this evening.

According to multiple people on Reddit, there's no Dualsense support unfortunately. No resistive triggers or enhanced vibration. 

What a pointless remaster lol. 

14 minutes ago, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

This was a game I bought back when it was new, but due to a large back log, I haven't even gotten the chance to play it yet. Does anybody know if there will be an auto pop from PS5 to PS4? Id love to make my first play through on PS5 to get the enhancements, and I know some games can auto pop that direction, but if its only PS4 to PS5, then I'll have to play that first.

I am in the sane boat.  I doubt it does, very few do.  Either way, I am playing on PS5 (the superior version) and say screw the stack.

16 minutes ago, djb5f said:

screw the stack

So far, there's only a single PS5 version available. I wonder if they plan to keep it this way or introduce a secondary stack like they did for PS4.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

So far, there's only a single PS5 version available. I wonder if they plan to keep it this way or introduce a secondary stack like they did for PS4.

I don’t bother with region stacks.  NA versions are enough.  I was referring to the stack for PS4 and PS5.

Just now, djb5f said:

I was referring to the stack for PS4 and PS5.

I knew what you meant, that's why I said "I wonder if", because I was inquiring about information I didn't already have.

41 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

According to multiple people on Reddit, there's no Dualsense support unfortunately. No resistive triggers or enhanced vibration. 

What a pointless remaster lol. 

Just tried it myself and...yeah. I think they "tried" making use of the the new haptic feedback, but haven't put much thought into it so it feels worse then when I played it on PS4?! It feels like my controller vibrates in for random things and very distracting. I'm turning it off...(That's a first)

Edited by DragonSpear2462

So, ugh, how do I prevent trophies auto-popping on the same account as where I played the PS4 version? Just not have the PS4 save on the system at the time the game first launches, or do I need to do anything extra to start from the beginning and earn all trophies again?

Edited by l33sar54

6 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

how do I prevent trophies auto-popping on the same account as where I played the PS4 version

Your PS4 save shouldn't be stored locally on your PS5 unless you imported it.

Even if you did so the game will ask you during the first boot up if you wish to import the PS4 save. Just say NO ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

So, ugh, how do I prevent trophies auto-popping on the same account as where I played the PS4 version? Just not have the PS4 save on the system at the time the game first launches, or do I need to do anything extra to start from the beginning and earn all trophies again?

On the Title Screen of the PS5 version, you will see an option to Import your PS4 save. Just don't do it.

UPDATE:
samy002 beat me to it~

Edited by DragonSpear2462

2 minutes ago, samy002 said:

Your PS4 save shouldn't be stored locally on your PS5 unless you imported it.

Even if you did so the game will ask you during the first boot up if you wish to import the PS4 save. Just say NO ;)

Awesome, thank you!

6 hours ago, westersburg said:

Exactly. The Force Unleashed games would be awesome on PS5 even tho they aren't canon anymore (neither are the jedi knight games and republic commando). In my opinion the characters and combat were even superior compared to jedi fallen order. Jedi fallen order had great open world exploration which was the best part for me.

Republic Commando is actually cannon as they show up in Clone Wars. Jedi knight games are seemingly becoming canon with SPOILERS the end of Mandolorian season 2 (possible academy) 

Oh and starkiller was originally going to be in the Clone Wars, but was deemed too OP so they changed it to Darth Maul. Still the same voice actor as Starkiller though

That's weird. 3 trophies didn't autopop Call Got Your Tongue? ( Slice an oggdo's tongue), Data Disk( Find all of bd-1 encrypted logs) and Platinum trophie. What can i do now?

Edit: Uff only one encypted logs didn't transfer and Call Got Your Tongue? trophy is easy so i did it.

Edited by Patrol411_PL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BatCarlitos310 said:

How can I do that 1f62f.png???

As soon as I put my ps4 disc in the ps5 the option to add the ps5 version popped up for me right where the play game button is. If for some reason it doesn't pop up right away go to the game on the ps store with the ps4 disc still inserted and you should be able to see the upgrade offer available there.

4 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Try meditating. Thats what someone else did to pop everything 

I did, got everything apart from bd1 recordings, I don't know if I can't get it now since I have them all, can you rescan recordings? 

1 hour ago, Patrol411_PL said:

That's weird. 3 trophies didn't autopop Call Got Your Tongue? ( Slice an oggdo's tongue), Data Disk( Find all of bd-1 encrypted logs) and Platinum trophie. What can i do now?

Edit: Uff only one encypted logs didn't transfer and Call Got Your Tongue? trophy is easy so i did it.

How do you see which one is missing? 

3 hours ago, jess210sw said:

As soon as I put my ps4 disc in the ps5 the option to add the ps5 version popped up for me right where the play game button is. If for some reason it doesn't pop up right away go to the game on the ps store with the ps4 disc still inserted and you should be able to see the upgrade offer available there.

Thx!! I'll edit this message when I do it :D 

47 minutes ago, svache said:

"Something went wrong with this game or app"

Gah... keep getting this error whenever I try to continue or load my old journey... not sure what it is, but I fear no auto-pop for me. 

One solution that has worked for many. Is the game fully installed? If you try to load your saves when the game says "ready to play" but the download isn't finished yet it will crash.

• Like 1