Why is the legendary edition trophy set just gold and silver.......??

14 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Ok thx

It's on the site, no need to go elsewhere. (as far as your thread title question, not sure what you mean as all four lists have gold, silver and bronze trophies)

Click the images for the respective lists

L1c6c7e.png L9fb0e7.png

Lf8b383.png L4c19a1.png

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Sorry to ask a potentially dumb question, but is the idea then that you necessarily get these other trophies as soon as you boot up any of the ME games?

This list covers all 3 games, so you can pop the trophies regardless of playing 1, 2, or 3

15 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yeah, I guess what I mean is these trophies are unavoidable right? 

The trophy set is unavoidable -- it will be installed on your profile when you start playing any of the games. However, it you deliberately avoid popping any trophies in the extra set then you can keep it at 0% so that you can delete it after you're done playing the trilogy.

7 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

The trophy set is unavoidable -- it will be installed on your profile when you start playing any of the games. However, it you deliberately avoid popping any trophies in the extra set then you can keep it at 0% so that you can delete it after you're done playing the trilogy.

Due to the kill trophies, that will be impossible. So you might as well do what you can from the combined list. I would highly recommend using the same character save through all 3 games (Long Service Medal) so that you don't have to replay 2 games if you decide to go for the 100%. You also get a boost to your starting level in 2 and 3, and military readiness for 3 when you use a prior character.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Depends on how the save files for the game works. I'm guessing that kill counts are kept track of via a trilogy-wide save file that is separate from your progress save file in each game. If that's the case, you can just delete the trilogy-wide save file after each play session to reset your kill count and never pop those trophies.

I'd assume it would be a config file you can't really access and just comes built into a save. I assume this because that's how the original trilogy did, with 3 having it as a standard 'settings' file you could delete if you wanted. But it was used to store all the online/EA site stuff for the theater of war.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Edit: I can now confirm that this is exactly how it works. There is a separate "Trilogy Gamer Profile" save that keeps track of kills across the entire trilogy. Just delete that save periodically.

That's awesome news to hear, and looking at your profile it definitely seemed to work because you platinumed Mass Effect without this list being on your profile. Just want to confirm, you didn't delete any of the other profiles like "Gamer Profile" or "Launcher Profile" at all - just the "Trilogy Gamer Profile" only?

Edited by BlindMango

54 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

That's awesome news to hear, and looking at your profile it definitely seemed to work because you platinumed Mass Effect without this list being on your profile. Just want to confirm, you didn't delete any of the other profiles like "Gamer Profile" or "Launcher Profile" at all - just the "Trilogy Gamer Profile" only?

Yep, that's correct -- I only deleted the "Trilogy Gamer Profile" save file, and the 250 kills trophy never popped (even though I obviously far surpassed that many kills -- probably right around 1000 or so by the end of the game).

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

This reply is in regards to the "Trilogy Gamer Profile"

@BlindMango  did deleting the "Trilogy Gamer Profile" work as stated above?

@NathanielJohn Does this affect anything else along the way... like the interconnectivity of your choices between games?

Does starting with a new character make your choices from game to game void and null?   

13 hours ago, twistedRABBIT_ said:

This reply is in regards to the "Trilogy Gamer Profile"

@BlindMango  did deleting the "Trilogy Gamer Profile" work as stated above?

@NathanielJohn Does this affect anything else along the way... like the interconnectivity of your choices between games?

Does starting with a new character make your choices from game to game void and null?   

Yep, deleting the 'Trilogy Gamer Profile' every so often worked for me!

• 2 months later...
On 13/05/2021 at 3:44 AM, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Very confusing why ea did this?

if im honest people got away with it in terms of a platinum for each one  , my silver cup for all 3 finished on hard mode is in my cabinet but each platinum would of been better if they kept it like they did back in the day where u get the platinum for finishing on insanity , number 2 for example is impressive to finish on insanity ( chuffed when i did )