Game will be delisted "end of May" 2021

Needles

Looks like this game and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star will be delisted at the end of the month, meaning you only have about a week to buy it on PlayStation if you're interested.

Yes, the game has easy trophies, but it's also a surprisingly great visual novel. It turned out to be one of my favorite games. Get it now!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

This was a PS+ game back in September 2017, so a lot of us might already have it from there. HoliStar was never a PS+ game though.

Good job I bought it a while back then hehe. Waited for it to come on PS+ but didn't think it would after a year. Such a shame it's gonna go.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Digital only is a great future, is it not?

I hate to admit it, but, yeah, I too have been missing out on a bunch of games due to delistings (e.g. République, Deadpool, The Legend of Korra, etc.) :(

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I hate to admit it, but, yeah, I too have been missing out on a bunch of games due to delistings (e.g. République, Deadpool, The Legend of Korra, etc.) :(

Same. Wish I could of gotten a couple games before they were delisted (The Simpsons Arcade, Transformers Devastation, X-Men Arcade, etc etc etc).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Same. Wish I could of gotten a couple games before they were delisted (The Simpsons Arcade, Transformers Devastation, X-Men Arcade, etc etc etc).

I have Transformers, and recently discovered that i even got the DLC without even remembering lmao. I simply obtained all possible free DLC from the old Store website.

• Like 1

Damn, already have the first (from a sale) wish they’d do a final sale for both. I’ll have to see how much the spin-off is full price. Wish the devs had given more warning, but maybe they weren’t aware until recently either. This is why I hate the constantly encroaching “digital only” trend. ☹️ 

I wonder if they’ll ever come back? I know some games have (The Sinking City, The Danganronpa series, Castle of Illusion) but others haven’t (Magrunner: Dark Pulse, Fat Princess, multiple DLCs). It’s seems to be a tossup, tbh. 

Edit: Really hope there’s still a way (or will be a way in the future) to get Deadpool and Legend of Korra-preferably one that doesn’t involve jumping through hoops to to transfer funds or a code to another region’s Store. But then again I also hope I get the chance to purchase Magrunner and the LBP (1&2), Brutal Legend, and Dante’s Inferno DLCs someday. Doubt any of those will happen. But I won’t stop hoping. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

Having just finished the first game I can only say that this is truly a shame. Hatoful Boyfriend didn't stop surprising me as revelations kept unfolding. It is fun, it is dark, it is sad, it provokes many emotions and the soundtrack is amazing. I call it a masterpiece.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Digital only is a great future, is it not?

whether anyone likes it or not, yes, and if you think a digital download future is bad, you should be in heaven now when it's an option, cause the future future is digital streaming

• 7 months later...

Was this ever actually delisted? Already bought it myself years ago, but a friend recently told me they bought it on PS4. I was confused since I heard it had been delisted, so went to check the webstore myself (while not logged in), and there it is for £7.99, still available.

There's another page for it on the PSN store, that you can't purchase from, but it's still seems very much available to purchase otherwise from the other listing. Can anyone else confirm if it's still available in their respective countries?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So this and Holiday Star were actually finally delisted. Seemed to have happened sometime back in August of this year. Probably not much point posting about it since it's too late for anyone to buy it now if they haven't already, but the games are still available on Steam at least (they were also delisted on GOG, Android and iOS).

I hope one day these games get re-released on something (like PS5 or Switch), with a physical bundle containing both games (just my personal wish, anyway). But for the time being, for anyone still interested in these, if you have a PC (and just about any old potato PC should be able to run it fine), it seems they'll remain on Steam for the foreseeable future, hopefully.

• 11 months later...