Trophy Thoughts

Uuuuh.... this is a first, the trophy list comes out TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE GAME. :o

WHHHHHHY???? :(

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

This looks easier and less grindy than Ratchet & Clank (2016). :hmm:

Considering I just platinumed that game, I think I will breeze through this game. But then again, why the list is out now is a big WTF and I think that PSNProfiles just put the game up on their site so that nobody else tried to. Eh, whatever. I plan to make this platinum when the game officially comes out, putting out more FFXIV once again. xD

Edited by winter_bird_22

6 hours ago, Stephanie Dola said:

People sure love to complain about the games these days.

If by "these days" you mean since the dawn of games, I agree with you.

Anyway, I have been expecting this game to be easier and take much less effort than the previous games. Not only has that been the pattern with Sony's games, but the accessibility features seemed to be a focal point for them.

1 hour ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Uuuuh.... this is a first, the trophy list comes out TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE GAME. :o

The list for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was released months before the game was.

• Like 1

Where does it say only 1 playthrough required?? 

In R & C PS4, you couldn't get some stuff until NG+, like the upgraded weapons or get them to max level either (who knows s if some weapons are only in NG+, or if u still need to go there to max that 1 weapon) 

Why are we assuming NG+ ismt required yet, does somebody already have the platinum?? 

Edited by Optinooby

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

In R & C PS4, you couldn't get some stuff until NG+, like the upgraded weapons or get them to max level either (who knows s if some weapons are only in NG+, or if u still need to go there to max that 1 weapon) 

Why are we assuming NG+ ismt required yet, does somebody already have the platinum?? 

NG+ or not can't be worse then our Soulstorm experience :P 

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

This info comes directly from Insomniac. They stated you can get the platinum in a single playthrough.

Either way, I'm ready. Let's go! :)

• Like 1

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

NG+ or not can't be worse then our Soulstorm experience :P 

Man, I got my guide done for it, 15 hour platinum altogether but I was saying in that, yea  glad I got this guide done, but i REALLY did not enjoy the platinum. 

Didnt feel any sorta achievement at all, more frustration that I started playing it in the first place. 

How did u feel at the end?? 

Just now, Optinooby said:

Man, I got my guide done for it, 15 hour platinum altogether but I was saying in that, yea  glad I got this guide done, but i REALLY did not enjoy the platinum. 

Didnt feel any sorta achievement at all, more frustration that I started playing it in the first place. 

How did u feel at the end?? 

Happy it was over! I felt really burned out.

Hopefully my local store is going to be an asshole again and break the street rules so I can get an early release on this game :D 

14 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This info comes directly from Insomniac. They stated you can get the platinum in a single playthrough.

Either way, I'm ready. Let's go! :)

8 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

Thats great guys, a Official source for a change xD

Though I was reading that, they dont actually say its a one playthrough platinum specifically, they just say it wont be wasting ur time (so guess no grinding? or IGN thinks that means 1 playthrough Plat as NG+ is mentioned afterwards?) and that NG+ is back. 

Is there another quote where they mention the 1 playthrough platinum?? 

Edited by Optinooby

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thats great guys, a Official source for a change xD

Though I was reading that, they dont actually say its a one playthrough platinum specifically, they just say it wont be wasting ur time (so guess no grinding? or IGN thinks that means 1 playthrough Plat as NG+ is mentioned afterwards?) and that NG+ is back. 

Is there another quote where they mention the 1 playthrough platinum?? 

https://in.ign.com/playstation-5-1/158910/feature/ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-ps5-gameplay-platinum-trophy-spiderman-sunset-overdrive-interview

“I can say our trophy design for this game is again, pretty permissive,” he says. “You can achieve it on one playthrough though, you need to be pretty thorough in how you approach the game. So if you've explored the nooks and crannies, if you've engaged with the upgrade systems, then you can get it without an inordinate amount of time invested. I know that this sort of breaks with some of the games of the distant past where we always wanted some crazy stretch trophy that had you doing a bunch of work.”

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

https://in.ign.com/playstation-5-1/158910/feature/ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-ps5-gameplay-platinum-trophy-spiderman-sunset-overdrive-interview

“I can say our trophy design for this game is again, pretty permissive,” he says. “You can achieve it on one playthrough though, you need to be pretty thorough in how you approach the game. So if you've explored the nooks and crannies, if you've engaged with the upgrade systems, then you can get it without an inordinate amount of time invested. I know that this sort of breaks with some of the games of the distant past where we always wanted some crazy stretch trophy that had you doing a bunch of work.”

Wow, thanks, seems i need to look a bit harder. 

Feels like a very easy platinum indeed, wonder if this can be platted in 7 hours like R&C PS4, this 1 seems like it may he quicker actually

Looks easy, pretty much what I expected. At first I thought this game might need at least 2 playthroughs depending on if some weapons are only available in Ng+ but someone mentioned in the thread that Insomniac confirmed you can plat the game in 1 playthrough.

I still haven't gone back to R&C 2016, it's been there on my backlog for years lol. I'll probably finish and plat that one first before buying this. Not to mention I'll probably be occupied with FF7 Remake Episode Yuffie which comes out a day before this game. I'll save this game for the 'lull' between now and whenever Horizon Forbidden West and GoW Ragnarok both come out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L89_-_PR3DATOR said:

On one hand despite the trophies looking straight forward and fun to get on the other hand you got all the trophy images looking the same! WTF! Lazy developers smh??‍♂️

Calm down, they're just placeholder trophy images on this site. The real ones will show up closer to release lmao.

• Like 2

Not to complain or anything, but the ratchet and Clark (2016) took a little more skill than this seems to do, like the weapons, in 2016 you had to get all upgrades, get all weapons to Max level.

but then again, with the trophy list for spider-man and also Miles Morales being on the easy side what would we expect from a trophy list, dont get me wrong I have played all games and have enjoyed majority of them especially ratchet and Clark 3 and ratchet deadlock/Gladiator has been my favorites

9 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

No, they're placeholders.

I'd be concerned if they just stole PSNProfiles logo, lol

(Never seen a game be uploaded without it's images before)

Pretty sure Insomniac revealed the list themselves, rather than PSProfiles pulling it from Sony's servers yet.