Bronze 100 hours, Bronze 1000 times

You

I like a good all-bronze 100% list now & then. The 1000 plays could probably be a maxrec afk thing as much as necessary but 100 hours should be no problem considering the 3rd pack of games has 19xx, 1944, Giga Wing & Progear. With this pack I'll have every Cave title on console except Ibara Kuro. That's more important than anything else, it's been a very long time coming. I'll probably grab the 2nd pack for Carrier Air Wing as well, always liked that one.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just have Son Son left to 100 percent Capcom Arcade Cabinet, so I'll be doing that before I move on to Capcom Arcade Stadium.

Unfortunately this was as lazy and pathetic of a list Capcom could of made to a retro gaming collection. You can argue that some of the Mega Man retro collections have all bronze, but at least they were reasonably fair.

I mean, play any of the games a total of 1000 times? Play for 100 hours or more? What, do they think we're a bunch of no lifers living in our parents basement?

It is absolutely bullshit that so many shit games like Breakthrough Gaming Arcade, which have absolutely zero effort put into them, get piss easy platinums. But something like this, a retro gaming collection that some of us were actually looking forward to, not only does not contain a platinum for your efforts, but every single trophy is a fucking bronze trophy.

And of course, people on this website are going to skip this collection simply because it does not have a platinum. There is absolutely no standard whatsoever in trophy hunting anymore. No rhyme or reason.

Sony should of kept the old standards of determining what they felt should go into a trophy list. Instead of having some developers out there choose entirely on their own, which goes back to my argument concerning Breakthrough Gaming Arcade.

Even Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was done better than this. Capcom Arcade Cabinet at least has a bunch of gold and silver trophies for your efforts.

And if this is anything like past Capcom retro gaming collections, they are going to charge $39.99 for this crap. I mean cmon. It's absolutely ludicrous.

Even though I said I will move on to this, it's going to probably be an entire year, or until this collection gets a discount in one of the sales. Because I sure as hell am not paying full price for this. I can pick plenty of other games that are far cheaper that are worth more bang for the buck.

I'm sorely disappointed.

Well said, and yeah, I kinda thought Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was very stupid, not having a separate 100% trophy list for each of the Street Fighter II games and not even having a platinum for the entire collection. Capcom Belt action too. A ton of classic arcade games, but a 100% list with no golds at all.

This collection is worse, doesn't even have any silvers in it. Perhaps if the collection had a hundred games. I'd probably think, well 100 hours is fair enough.

There aren't enough games and some of the best games like Street Fighter II and Final Fight etc, games that are already in the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and Capcom Belt action collection and already playable on PS3, Vita and PSP thanks to the old Capcom Arcade Classics that you can buy from the Playstation Minis store right now!

Such a lazy list.

Put Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Alien VS Predator and the other 30 CPS2 and CPS3 games that we've all been playing on MAME on all almost all platforms at this point since the early 2000s....Including on mobile phones in 2020...

Then I'd be up for this.

No way I will be investing in this until it's hard on 50% or more sale.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

1000 plays can be achieve through Space Overlords afk script with edit to work on this scenario I think so you can just afk it.

I know how to use a AFK script, but to me it's just too much assembling and hassle for me to bother. I know of a couple old Capcom games where you can just AFK for dozens of hours without needing a script, that's what I did for the 50 hour trophy in Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

It's just a bad trophy made by a team that was completely lazy. The trophy images don't even look good.

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Well said, and yeah, I kinda thought Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was very stupid, not having a separate 100% trophy list for each of the Street Fighter II games and not even having a platinum for the entire collection. Capcom Belt action too. A ton of classic arcade games, but a 100% list with no golds at all.

I was a bit salty about Megaman Legacy Collection Vol 2 being all bronze, but in contrast to this you can get that done much faster. A trophy for playing 100 hours is deliberate trolling. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a lonely guy who loves getting trophies in games.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

This collection is worse, doesn't even have any silvers in it. Perhaps if the collection had a hundred games. I'd probably think, well 100 hours is fair enough.

There aren't enough games and some of the best games like Street Fighter II and Final Fight etc, games that are already in the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and Capcom Belt action collection and already playable on PS3, Vita and PSP thanks to the old Capcom Arcade Classics that you can buy from the Playstation Minis store right now!

There are games from Capcom Arcade Cabinet that aren't included, unless Capcom is going to add those games later on that will be DLC you have to pay for separately. The Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle, 10 silvers, one bronze. This? All bronze, so there's no standard at all anymore. This Capcom Arcade Stadium is missing games from the Beat Em Up Bundle as well.

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Put Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Alien VS Predator and the other 30 CPS2 and CPS3 games that we've all been playing on MAME on all almost all platforms at this point since the early 2000s....Including on mobile phones in 2020...

Then I'd be up for this.

No way I will be investing in this until it's hard on 50% or more sale.

I'm the same. Curious to know what the price tag will be when this is officially up on the PS Store.

• Like 1

It seems like Capcom has a total disregard for trophy hunting. Out of every retro collection they release, I think like 2 of the Mega Man ones have a platinum or something. All bronze and yet another "play for hundreds of hours" trophy? Sheesh! The "Play for 50hrs" trophy killed my PS3. I dont know if i'll be going for it on this one.

Welp, it’s a free Trophy list at least. Looks like they won’t be giving the packs/games separate Trophies. For me a reason not to buy anything or just one pack. They did announce more games are coming. Maybe we’ll get some extra Trophies then, but I doubt it.

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I mean, play any of the games a total of 1000 times? Play for 100 hours or more? What, do they think we're a bunch of no lifers living in our parents basement?

Oh, I thought everyone on this site was exactly that... Guess it's just me then. ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sinister775bunny said:

Hopefully they add trophies for each of the game in each pack like they did for arcade cabinet. Surprised it's all bronze trophies though.

They would have already done that by now I think. Game + 3 packs is out tomorrow.

Old Capcom strikes again! After a good run on the PS4, we’re back to PS3 days. Actually, this is a little worse; that collection cost $29.99 and had no plat, but lots of gold and silver.

At least we don’t have to wait months to buy the whole package. The PS3 collection was released piecemeal, with the entire collection offered only much later. It completely ruined any possibility of online play.

• Like 1

I am guessing the lack of platinum is because each packs can be purchased separately, so the game is treated as 3 separate dlcs.  Hitman 1 & 2 were like that, too.  But all bronze zero difficulty trophies are really disappointing.  Capcom you gave us great trophy lists for Mega Man X and MMZ collections!  wtf

3 hours ago, nakayuri7 said:

I am guessing the lack of platinum is because each packs can be purchased separately, so the game is treated as 3 separate dlcs.  Hitman 1 & 2 were like that, too.  But all bronze zero difficulty trophies are really disappointing.  Capcom you gave us great trophy lists for Mega Man X and MMZ collections!  wtf

Like I said, no real trophy standards anymore.

• Like 1

Amusingly you could get 100% on this, Street Fighter 30th Anniv, Capcom Belt Action, and the other collections like MegaMan.

But even then, you'd still get more trophy points by completing just one of the "Our Church and Halloween RPG" games.

14 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Oh, I thought everyone on this site was exactly that... Guess it's just me then. 1f61e.png

If only... In many ways I'd love to move back home. Maybe if I still lived at home I could afford my own progear pcb & wouldn't have too see winging about trophy lists in lieu of excitement that a premium shmup from one of the best developers ever is finally getting a console release. I still haven't figured out if my lady on a bad day at maximum toxicity is worse than the horrible & uncharismatic small dog that currently roams around my mums house but thank someone's God I can escape that reality & be transported back to a more innocent time in life with ports of old arcade games.

I used to feel really insulted as a fan of retro gaming when these lists would pop up with tons of old games & no plat but I ended up enjoying doing lists like Vasara Collection, ADK Tamashii, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, Capcom Belt Scrolling & I'm sure I'll enjoy doing the Contra & Castlevania collections when I get around to starting them. Not going to include the very annoying Fuun Super Combo in that, but I'd imagine if it had an expanded list with a plat I'd still be putting off that completion for the next 5-10 years.

On the other hand doing both Darius Cosmic Collections over a few days was pure insanity. The fact I got 2 plats from that didn't offset how exhausting it was & the console collection featured hours of starting at shit that made me feel like my vision was deteriorating in real time. I reckon I fucked that experience by doing those games back to back with sessions that were far too long but that's what I'd probably end up doing if more retro comps had plat lists. I had a much better time with lists like Marvel vs Capcom 2 & the aforementioned SF 30th where it was a couple of hours of self-boost followed by a couple of hours of single player & the list is done. After doing enough of those 100% lists I've grown to appreciate them a lot more. The feeling of completion is still there but the loss of time isn't as abhorrent. I'm against non-plat retro comps in principal but in practice they've been generally enjoyable.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Amusingly you could get 100% on this, Street Fighter 30th Anniv, Capcom Belt Action, and the other collections like MegaMan.

But even then, you'd still get more trophy points by completing just one of the "Our Church and Halloween RPG" games.

It’s pretty sad when you put it that way. For me, I recently came to the decision that fun and quality>quantity for my trophies and I deleted 90% of my unplayed easy completion games from Rata, Sometimes You, EastAsia, various, etc. There were dozens, maybe a hundred. Money down the drain. Deleted not because they’re cheap or easy, but because I’d only be playing them for easy points, nothing else, and I’m a busy family man. I did keep a handful of some better looking ones I’m interested in trying, that look fun, or might have replay value. That’s just me and I don’t judge others how they want to get their trophies. To each their own :)

I bought the full Capcom Arcade Stadium bundle knowing what the trophies were like. Sure, the set is disappointing and they could have done so much more with it but I’m ready to have some with it. I completed that old Capcom Cabinet one and am a sucker for the retro classics. Reminds me of the recently released Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance. Terrible list but is one of my favorite games and a must play.

And as far as this $1 Invincibility DLC goes, man I wish could have pumped 4 quarters in the machine for that back in the day at the arcade. Some games took so many of my quarters.