Looking to buy some Forgotten Gems

irusjayd

40 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Man this is going for almost $200 on ebay now lol

Wanted to grab this but probably won't now

OP i'd recommend grabbing the Metal Gear Solid collection if you don't already have it

Also Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Drakengard 3

Godfather 2

All the Suda 51 games

Katamari Forever

Seriously? I still have my copy i bought for 10$ who would pay 200 for a game.

7 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Wow, this is like 30 bucks here in Germany. Give me all the games you want and I send them over to you ?.

I know for a fact that games in Germany and The Netherlands (well, more in the Netherlands) are way cheaper than in most places...

I have had a friend taunting me with the prices... he actually already bought a few for me (the last Atelier game on ps3 that I'm missing as well as Persona 4 Arena Ultimax). So, ya, you guys can find them at a much cheaper prices..

The list would be to big to write, but here are a few suggestions (FOLKLORE!):

Deus Ex Human Revolution (Director's Cut preferably)

Eternal Sonsta (no trophies)

Remember Me

Tales of Grace F / Xillia / Xillian 2 / Symphonia 

Disgaea D2 (and maybe Disgaea 3)

Other than those, I would suggest stuff that got a ps4 re-release (Ressonance of Fate, Ni no Kuni, Nier, Disgaea 4, Final Fantasy X, Persona 5, all 6 Atelier PS3 games)

And as other said:

Folklore

Killer Is Dead (still looking for a disc version of it..)

Lollipop Chainsaw 

El Shaddai (I'm still missing this)

Drakengard 3

3D dot Heroes (if going for the platinum,  get the US version!)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

I really liked Remember Me. Pretty easy plat, unique story, and graphically still looks really good. I think it mostly got overlooked for being right on the cusp of the PS4's launch. Combat got blasted for being generic/repetitive but I didn't mind it.

How ironic - I had forgotten Remember Me ?

It is indeed, a far better game than it get credit for - DotNod before DotNod was DotNod, with a pretty cool combat customisation system and a cool sci-fi look

Pretty sure that was my :platinum:#100 - happy to have it as a milestone :) 

I actually thing The Saboteur was my favorite game from the last gen.

I 2nd Far Cry 2, a lot of people skip it because of it's online trophies (Which suck ass) but I love the campaign. I haven't had internet on my consoles for about 2 weeks so I've been replaying the campaign. Its not perfect (Enemies repopulate quickly, see you from 1k yards, and fast travel sucks) but it really was great for its time. 

On I haven't seen mentioned that I LOVED was Alpha Protocol. 

• Like 1

Prototype 1 & 2 have good sales on PS4 pretty frequently, AFAIK, if you have one.

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I ended up enjoying Spec Ops: The Line, a game that many people nowadays have forgotten. Platinum is a bit difficult, FUBAR is not for the faint hearted, but it's an option if you're interested.

Hardly forgotten; it's been nine years and it still gets mentioned all the time. At the very least it's better known and more relevant than the vast majority of PS3-era titles.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

58 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I actually thing The Saboteur was my favorite game from the last gen.

I 2nd Far Cry 2, a lot of people skip it because of it's online trophies (Which suck ass) but I love the campaign. I haven't had internet on my consoles for about 2 weeks so I've been replaying the campaign. Its not perfect (Enemies repopulate quickly, see you from 1k yards, and fast travel sucks) but it really was great for its time. 

On I haven't seen mentioned that I LOVED was Alpha Protocol. 

I second Alpha Protocol, was it clunky yes, was the combat just okay yes. However, how many RPG Spy games are on Playstation consoles? Very disappointed it never got a sequel but that would have meant making one ending Canon that you might not have got. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Spec Ops has a cult following and is well known on dedicated gaming sites, but most casual gamers have long since forgotten it. 

Sure, but I doubt many of us on this... trophy hunting site are casual gamers. May as well start calling games like Half-Life 1 and Unreal Tournament (any of them, really) forgotten gems.

20 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Afrika. The game got pretty bad reviews, and it's next to impossible to find now, but I loved it so much. It's really just driving around African nature and finding, and photographing, animals, but I had a great time 1f602.png I never understood the bad reviews, but the driving was indeed a bit clunky.

I found this game on ebay for $5. not a bad price and sounds easy.

19 hours ago, Klart said:

Asura's Wrath

El Shaddai

Asura's wrath was pretty good. I would recommend it too. It was a very unique style of gameplay.

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I ended up enjoying Spec Ops: The Line, a game that many people nowadays have forgotten. Platinum is a bit difficult, FUBAR is not for the faint hearted, but it's an option if you're interested.

A lot of people have recommended Spec Ops. I've seen a lot of videos that spoiled the story, So my question is if I already know what happens, is the game still worth it? game play wise.

14 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I never got around to it but loved the demo and have always heard good things about it: Folklore. Think this was pre-trophy update. I would look for it myself but my PS3's disc player died. 1f622.png

Folklore was fantastic. It was pre-trophy and a launch game i think. The PS3 had a lot of troubles at launch so many of the launch games were forgotten, but I highly recommend it if you can get over not having trophies. 

Thanks for all the recommendations. Lollipop Chainsaw, bionic commando and spec op had the most votes. Im pretty excited to try some. I would also recommend enslaved and puppeteer if you are willing to follow a guide for collectibles. X-Men Oirigins wolverine is a pretty good too. One person said Alice return to madness. anyone else play it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irusjayd said:

I found this game on ebay for $5. not a bad price and sounds easy.

A lot of people have recommended Spec Ops. I've seen a lot of videos that spoiled the story, So my question is if I already know what happens, is the game still worth it? game play wise.

One person said Alice return to madness. anyone else play it?

1) You have to be careful with "Afrika" only the US-version has trophies – all the Asian versions don't have trophies! It is very unlikely you will find a US copy for less than 100€ nowadays. 

2) My answer regarding Spec Ops would be: "no". If you know the story already the rest of the game is quite mediocre by todays standards and not really worth your time. 

3) Alice looks and runns very poorly: another game which didn't age well and I really wouldn't recommend unless you are very intrigued by the setting. 

My suggestion would be Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

The C&C series itself might not be "hidden gems", but since releases from the series on console are rare and only the 360 got Tiberium Wars, this game is definately something special on PS3.

If you have any interest in strategic elements in games, or just want to experience a silly parallel universe story, or if you just want to conquer s#!t up, this game is for you... I mean just look at the intro cinematic and tell me that's not the best thing, you have ever seen: ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPEdBQi-vFA

Most of mine have been said, but:

Split Second 

Splatterhouse 

El Shaddai 

Shadows of the Damned 

Lollipop Chainsaw 

Enslaved 

3D dot game heros 

Critter Crunch 

Shank and Shank 2

Man, I wish I hadn't played these before and had all these superb games to look forward to! You're going to have such an amazing time!

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lettmon said:

Spec Ops The Line is a mediocre third person shooter, don't know why so many would recommend it, it has a big story twist at the end, the rest of the game is meh.

Alpha Protocol is the game everyone should be recommending.

Alpha Protocol is interesting, for sure, and has some cool narrative elements, but it's a tough recommend because it's such a technical mess on PS3, and pretty broken in terms of it's balancing different builds.

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Split Second 

Splatterhouse 

El Shaddai 

Shadows of the Damned 

Lollipop Chainsaw 

Enslaved 

3D dot game heros 

Critter Crunch 

Shank and Shank 2

The fact that we have so much crossover in our recommendations is really making me think I should try and get a hold of a copy of Shadows of the Damned and Shank :hmm:

Reccomended gems i have or that i have seen plahthroughs of:

1.- Renember Me. Futuristic graphics, a decent combo system, well hidden collectibles and a decent story with a few twists.

2.- El-Shaddai: Ascension of the Metraton: Hebrew lore,the sense that you are fighting corrupted angels that feel they are doing good to the human race, good platforming, decent and difficult challenges and also you can use 3 different weapons and get your own fighting style.

3.- Singularity: Very decent FPS with a good variety of weapons, the well handed detail to add the TM accesory to aid you while traversing the stages OR helping you fight your enemies, the fact that you can travel in time and a dark sinister story with multiple endings.

4.- Alice: Madness Returns. The original Alice tale darker than my own nightmares, stages with a lot to explore and collect, very good lore and creative weapons that can be upgraded.Not for kids (and i like that).

5.- Asura's Wrath: A Capcom masterpiece. A very good game bad treated by reviews. Altough it is very limited in exploration, in combo usage and even in using the characters at your disposal, it compensates with superb graphics and an excellent story with the cherry on the top of having to kill the supreme being in hindu religion. P.D: One of the few games that got some tears from me with his ending.

6.- Shadows of the Damned: A mix of FPS with some adventure and platforming, a badass protagonist and a funny sarcastic sidekick. Plus, you get to kill demons. I can buy that with no problem.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The fact that we have so much crossover in our recommendations is really making me think I should try and get a hold of a copy of Shadows of the Damned and Shank :hmm:

Was there a physical edition for Shank? I played through PSN. 

But yeah, it's funny how many people said the same games. Asura's Wrath is also on my list, even though the dlc was bullshit. And Remember Me. I wish they stayed making those types of games instead of Life is Strange. Puppeteer was also cool, but not a favorite of mine.