Hunter's Arena Legends August PS+

Vergil

has been confirmed as one of August 2021's PlayStation Plus games well ahead of schedule. It's unclear whether it'll be one of the usual three PS Plus games or whether it'll be in addition to them, but it'll be available to download on both PS5 and PS4 regardless.

As for the game itself, Hunter's Arena: Legends is a battle royale with a twist. It's all about melee combat, with combos and different characters equipped with various weapons. The title's been in early access on Steam for about a year now, where it has mixed user reviews — but we would assume that numerous improvements have been made over the last 12 months.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/07/ps_plus_august_2021_games_include_hunters_arena_legends_on_ps5_ps4

I did search for a thread but didn't find any.

Inb4 this thread gets filled with people angry at a game no one is forcing them to play. I watched some footage of this, and it looks pretty neat, will have to see what the trophies are like before I give it a go, though. I'd imagine there won't be a platinum at all, or if there is, it'll take hundreds of hours to obtain. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 4

When they announced it at the State of Play by saying "What do you get when you mix fighting games and battle royale?", my first thought was that it's a genre that I'd be doubley bad at.

Interesting concept nonetheless. Backlog is a bit full at the moment but I'll certainly add it with the intention of giving it a go at some point.

• Like 1

It's a game that requires skill, so I can understand that many don't like it here and I fully understand that. I'm looking forward to it and I think it's great when such games appear regularly on PS Plus. That is also the case, Fall Guys, Call of Duty, Destruction Allstars, Rocket Arena, there really is nothing to complain about. I enjoy platinuming multiplayer PvP games the most, I'm excited to see how it is. And we get it for free, it couldn't be better.

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

It looks “ok”.

I have a bad deep down feeling that the balancing will be horrendous though. 
I don’t think this kind of game will click as easy with casuals as fall guys did. 

Not sure yet if I’ll try it. I’ll wait to see what else august (my birthday month) will bring us. 

Thats the reason we should play it in the first days after Release.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2