Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

On 8/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, darkamdusias said:

inb4 trophy hunters are all a monolith and should want the same exact things 

It's reasonable not to want new multi-player trophies for what was initially a single player game. 

Moreover it will slow down the offline expansion progression and experience

because everyone will want to rush the MP trophies first while there are still people to play with >_>

Screw these MP trophies.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:42 PM, willmill97 said:

I've just never personally understood complaining about free content (on what I'd still consider to be a new ish game).

Apparently you need to understand that not all free things are good.

11 hours ago, Laozuli said:

Also it says a new version of the raid is planned with added difficulty. Lets hope there won't be a throphy for that!

OMFG No!

Stop forcing me to buy a mic damn devs! Stop pushing your kink on others.

Edited by VegaTheGreat
  • Like 1

I am not a fan of multiplayer trophies and the raid trophies were a pain in the butt. But i will say that once i got them, they were very satisfying and alot of fun achieving them. I made some friends online getting these trophies as well. Im just hoping the MP trophies will be fun and not ridiculously difficult. The harder raids do not sound fun at all. Im hoping this mode doesnt have a trophy attached as well.

Edited by IvoryRose88
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IvoryRose88 said:

I am not a fan of multiplayer trophies and the raid trophies were a pain in the butt. But i will say that once i got them, they were very satisfying and alot of fun achieving them. I made some friends online getting these trophies as well. Im just hoping the MP trophies will be fun and not ridiculously difficult. The harder raids do not sound fun at all. Im hoping this mode doesnt have a trophy attached as well.

I'd be surprised if the higher level difficulty had a trophy associated with it.  Just hasn't been the style with the trophies for this game.  Nightmare mode didn't have any related trophies in the original release and they could have easily made that a requirement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

I'd be surprised if the higher level difficulty had a trophy associated with it.  Just hasn't been the style with the trophies for this game.  Nightmare mode didn't have any related trophies in the original release and they could have easily made that a requirement. 

I think your right. I started playing the game again today to knock off the rust and its amazing how much you can forget in a few months. After 2 or 3 games, i felt like i got the hang of it again. Im going to need to be on my game before the new modes come out so i can compete in MP. 

• Like 3

I hope the mp support on the base game will be abandoned, like it happened with Comrades, and people can import their chars and keep having fun with mp trophies on the standalone version of Legends (not me, I will not touch it even with a stick).

Edited by Brightblade76

41 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Apparently you are since you vouch for future free stuff as good.

GoT, in terms of single-player campaign, is stunning, if you like nature and animals as much as I do, but, in terms of gameplay, I thought it was pretty dull, generic and repetitive.

In my opinion, it was in the Legends expansion, that the devs truly achieved something special. For me, Legends is where the game truly shines. It had an overwhelmingly positive feedback from pretty much everyone who truly played it. I gave 70€ for this game and it was Legends that made me think that my money was worth spending. I play it pretty much every week and I think everything there is very well done.
Considering this, you don’t have to be a time traveler to expect that Rivals will be good too. We have every reason to believe that they will keep up the quality.

If you just like the single-player, then good for you, but don’t say that Legends is bad, just because you don’t like playing MP.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Carol said:

GoT, in terms of single-player campaign, is stunning, if you like nature and animals as much as I do, but, in terms of gameplay, I thought it was pretty dull, generic and repetitive.

In my opinion, it was in the Legends expansion, that the devs truly achieved something special. For me, Legends is where the game truly shines. It had an overwhelmingly positive feedback from pretty much everyone who truly played it. I gave 70€ for this game and it was Legends that made me think that my money was worth spending. I play it pretty much every week and I think everything there is very well done.
Considering this, you don’t have to be a time traveler to expect that Rivals will be good too. We have every reason to believe that they will keep up the quality.

If you just like the single-player, then good for you, but don’t say that Legends is bad, just because you don’t like playing MP.

I agree with you on the first statement. I really liked the story, chars and setting

but the gameplay (progression-loot-combat) was basic for me. Got dull especially on the 3rd ACT.

Now unto Legends.

I've played my fair share of many MP games both on PS and PC

and GoT Legends was as barebones as possible and I fail to see the "magic" that made you cling with it.

Let's even compare it to a more recent game with tacked on MP like MH:I.

You can see the huge difference in effort on the MP parts between the 2 games.

For me the raids were badly made and tedious. A game where everything was mic free for 99%

remembered to force mics and be as obnoxious as possible.

The usual defense is "Destiny Raids are  harder". Yeah no shit. Destiny was built from the ground up as a MP game. Legends was rushed and tacked on.

People getting Destiny know where they are going into.

And no I don't want to spend 10~20$ for a mic for something I'll use for 2~4 hours and then drop it.

Managed to do the 3 raids with 3 other saints of patience. Never touched Legends afterwards.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I didnt think legends was anything special either. It was fun for a few hours but quickly becomes same-y and boring after awhile. Raids i felt wasnt properly balanced or play tested enough and felt kinda rushed in some areas.

The raid was probably the one thing I  enjoyed most about Legends.  Survival can be fun with the right people, but like the rest of the Legends content it didn't feel like it was anything really new in terms of the type of content it produced. 

For the Raid, once you knew what to do for each stage and who should do what it never felt unbalanced. The raid played with the right people can be a blast, so maybe that's why I enjoyed it as much as I did. 

I'm hoping that Rivals gives me enough enjoyment that these new trophies don't end up a chore, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm also not a fan of competitive trophies at all, always felt like they're unnecessary and a lot of times overly tedious or require too much luck.  That's why it disappointed me when they announced the mode having new trophies. Luckily I'll be playing with the group I did the raid with so hopefully it won't be bad.

• Like 3

Honestly, trophies that require players to push and challenge themselves can be a good thing and these new Legends trophies can do just that. Sure, micing up, putting your family life on hold and planning for non-distracting raids, coordinating play sessions with other players in different time zones and language barriers, playing with others you don’t know personally and whether they meet your skill expectations can be concerning but popping those harder trophies can be thrilling while making new friends in the process enjoyable. I’m personally a single player player but jump at the chance to connect with others on a game I enjoy. You guys can do this if you are  committed to make it happen. We shall see how the trophies and new mode pan out. 

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I'm also not a fan of competitive trophies at all, always felt like they're unnecessary and a lot of times overly tedious or require too much luck.  That's why it disappointed me when they announced the mode having new trophies. Luckily I'll be playing with the group I did the raid with so hopefully it won't be bad.

Usually this sort of competitive trophies are done with cheese boosting.

I let you win # times, then you let me win # times.

Of course there's still hope the trophies are only centered around the new grind:

- Get a gear to new LV120

- Purify X amount of cursed gear

- Obtain Master Abilities on weapon

etc etc

I'm more concerned about the new harder Raid since the previous one was already PITA.

7 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Of course there's still hope the trophies are only centered around the new grind:

etc etc

I'm more concerned about the new harder Raid since the previous one was already PITA.

I don't think it's a new raid.  From what I've heard they are just adding another difficulty to the existing raid.

12 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

etc etc

I have a feeling at least one will be for Rivals, hopefully only a "Play X amount of matches" and not a "Win X amount of matches" since leaderboards are also being added.  That tends to force matchmaking a lot of times unless they decide to be nice and let us do it with parties too.  But the 3 things you mentioned are also very likely going to be trophies. 

4 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

I don't think it's a new raid.  From what I've heard they are just adding another difficulty to the existing raid.

Yep, just a new difficulty.  Probably the raid version of nightmare if the current version would be considered gold.  Hopefully they don't make us do the new difficulty raid.  If so, I think we can handle it though!

Edited by Snake2410

I recently went back to Legends and started having fun with it surprisingly. Mainly to gear up for the new content, but also to just mess around. Rivals sounds interesting but I'm already thinking of cheese people could use to win haha. The Moon Master Cancel is OP and so is the Spirit Kunal + Skipping Stone Bow. They're nerfing the SK from 15 seconds cooldown to 10 seconds so that's something I guess. 

I'm in the camp as well where I hope you aren't forced to win so many Rival matches but maybe it'll be fun. I almost have all the current cosmetics so I might try to get the ones the new updates throw out. Stand alone version might get more people to play which is always nice.

TL;DR: I'm excited for the new Legends content and hope I can find some more enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1

loved the raid add on a lot last year it was a blast and I almost made it in the first 50 achievers :-) missed only by a few hours. But I hate PvP hopefully it can be boosted.

my question: does anyone know: is this dlc for free? 

I know that the new story dlc costs 20 bucks but what about this list? Anyone ?

Cheers

Edited by DavySuicide

8 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

loved the raid add on a lot last year it was a blast and I almost made it in the first 50 achievers :-) missed only by a few hours. But I hate PvP hopefully it can be boosted.

my question: does anyone know: is this dlc for free? 

I know that the new story dlc costs 20 bucks but what about this list? Anyone ?

Cheers

Looking at its place in the Legenda menu (the menu has been updated with the Rivals mode option, it's just locked) it appears to be just like Survival where you can take a party of 4 into it.  So it appears that you can boost them, but until it is actually playable on the 3rd it's unknown. 

I'm slightly more concerned with the mastery stuff.  We don't know what these supposed challenges to purify a cursed piece of gear could be.  

Edited by Snake2410

48 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I'm slightly more concerned with the mastery stuff.  We don't know what these supposed challenges to purify a cursed piece of gear could be.  

Looking at the pictures posted on the blog, it looks like its just some small bonus task like the one they showed : "kill 5 foes at full health". 

Ghost of Tsushima

• Like 1