Where's the platinum?

Goro

Did they not change the name of a few trophies from Episodes 2 & 3 as they might have been considered as spoilers? Maybe that's what "Updates to trophies for upcoming episodes" meant.

Don't know, seeing as The Walking Dead had very basic trophy descriptions: "Complete chapter _ of episode _"  - There could have been trophy title changes? But those are also vague too, and weren't they hidden trophies? =P It's all wild speculation from me though since I started playing the first game after episoe 2, haha

Edited by BlindMango

Don't know, seeing as The Walking Dead had very basic trophy descriptions: "Complete chapter _ of episode _"  - There could have been trophy title changes? But those are also vague too, and weren't they hidden trophies? =P It's all wild speculation from me though since I started playing the first game after episoe 2, haha

Yeah, it was the trophy titles I meant. None of the trophies were hidden either. Here's the link to where I read about the titles being changed:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/walking-dead/169964-episode-3-some-trophy-names-icons-wrong.html

• Like 1

The Wolf Among Us had a full trophy list when episode one came out, including a platinum. I believe the 1st season of Walking Dead also had the full trophy list when the first episode came out. 

The only game from Telltale that added a platinum later was Back to the Future, when they released it in retail. At least, that's how I remember it. 

If they included the platinum I'n the last episode that would be extremely weird but the original version of trine 2 had 13 trophies with a platinum so it could be approved by Sony but if they release a retail version with a platinum I will hate them forever. they pulled that shit with BTTF but hopefully there is a platinum with the digital version but there is no way of guessing

It will. I remember them patching in the platinum. I bought the first episode when it came out and got 100% on it. My brother ended up buying the season pass  around when the 4th episode came out. Couple days later he was telling me how much he liked it and how it would probably be his only platinum. I told him I didn't have one on my list So I got on and patched the game and the trophy list with the platinum was added but I had only played the first episode.

• Like 1

this is what tell tale games always do at first... the reason is because they release the games in episodes first off and they are released as 100% games/mini games which is unfortunately a non platinum game overall... so at the minute every episode will only have a few trophies each, its only once all episodes are released into one whole game (e.g the walkin dead, season one: episodes 1 to 5) that tell tale will then add the platinum but this is usually 6-12 months after so you'll either have to wait for all episodes to be released as one full game with the platinum or buy them as episodes with only 100% completion... tell tale also did this for back to the future: the video game which was released as 100% episodes firstly then 12 months later every episode was released into one full game with the platinum added... to be honest its how tell tale extort money out of you cause if you dont fully know this then you may end up buyin every episode twice... which is why many gamers own these-

- back to the future: single episodes 1-5 ~ these will each be in green with a tick next to them and a 100% mark on your trophycard

- back to the future: the game (episodes 1-5) ~ this will be in blue with a platinum next to it on your trophycard

- the walkin dead, season one: single episodes 1-5 ~ again these will each be in green with a tick next to them and a 100% mark on your trophycard

- the walkin dead, season one: the game (episodes 1-5) ~ again this will be in blue with a platinum next to it on your trophycard

however if the walkin dead: season two is anythin like the walkin dead: season one then its understandable if you buy both versions... the walkin dead is simply stunnin, by tell tale standards!... :)

This is weird. At first, I thought that each episode will have individual trophy list without a platinum but then again, as others said, it only says Season 2, no episode 1. It could be like BTTF; each episode individual and then retail copy with all episodes together and the platinum. I really don't know... I guess we just have to wait but I'm hoping for a platinum on this "just" season 2 game and not later when all ep. are done game (retail copy).

Edited by Amonares

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my VITA trophy overview I can already see the trophylist for episode 2. Bunch of bronze and silver trophies, but no gold one for finishing it. My guess it is a "standard" trophy list that we will get bit by bit with each new episode. 

• Like 1