Alan Wake Remastered

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 9/5/2021 at 5:25 AM, mcnichoj said:

Just publishing rights to the first game, much like Titanfall, Mass Effect, Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3.

They relinquished the rights for this, probably because Quantum Break didn't do as well as they hoped. At one point it was rumored MS was gonna buy Remedy.

Almost correct, the publishing rights went to Microsoft in a 10 year deal which expired in 2019, not long before Control released. If the reports at the time were correct, Microsoft wanted to renew the deal but Remedy declined as they wanted them back.

With all the Alan Wake Easter eggs in Control, the Alan Wake themed DLC & now the Alan Wake remaster, it's no surprise they wanted them back & I for one was very pleased to hear the rights had gone home.

Holy fucking shit!!!!!!! My favourite game ever (besides Clive Barker Jericho)!! I’m so hyped. I got all achievements on 360 and will certainly do the same here. If trophies will be the same as X360 achievements this will be a pretty easy plat. Just play hardest difficulty get all collectibles and a few misc trophies a 4/10 IMO. Can’t come soon enough. 

Edited by Quink666

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

When the various Asian retailer listings went up over the weekend the currency conversions came out to between $35 and $40 US, so I'd expect $40.

I'd pay 70 for the game assuming it's a proper remaster with improved controls and such and not only a texture update. Hopefully PS5 version is 60 FPS

• Like 1

Never played it originally. Must admit i do want to try it.

But then again i can't figure out if i have a bad case of remaster/remake exhaustion. If thats a thing. Just need fresh ideas and fresh games. I suppose it'll feel fresh because i've never played it. Hmmmm

I think it'll end up being a "pick it up in a sale" type. But we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2021 at 8:17 PM, Prometheous101 said:

Never played it ,but deff interested in playing ASAP.

Hopefully you have a good time, I did when I beat it last year. Along with the DLC and American Nightmare.

On 04/09/2021 at 8:24 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

Well time to clear up my backlog.

Gotta make some room.

I know that feeling. I'm trying to complete Arkham Knight atm.

On 05/09/2021 at 1:32 AM, Gueeds said:

Hoping it is true. It'd be nice if they add in ray tracing, but I'll be happy with just an upscale and 60 fps

An upscale is nice, but there were definitely areas they could improve. I remember the Car Controls being a little annoying. The DLC should 100% also be included.

On 05/09/2021 at 2:08 AM, kanzenchaos said:

Man this one surely is a masterpiece. Can't wait!

Quantum Break is also really good, but it's registered as a Microsoft IP so I doubt it will ever come to playstation. Still, I recommend everyone who has a PC/Xbox to try it out.

I love Quantum Break, I made what I thought were the decisions to save my fave characters and lots of them still died. Lance Reddick as Martin Hatch is great in that game, one of his best video game roles, along with Sylens in Horizon Zero Dawn. Quantum Break's definitely one of those games that people should try.

On 08/09/2021 at 8:14 PM, zizimonster said:

I expect it'll be $40. :hmm:

That should really be the max a company should be able to charge for a new game (That isn't a special promotion). It just makes us want to hold onto our cash these days and wait for the DLC/complete editions with the prices they charge now.

• Like 2