Star Wars Eclipse by Quantic Dream (2026)

ziggypossum

This is certainly interesting. Cage has been leading every project by Quantic Dream until this point, always taking the position of director and main writer. The contract with Sony is over, so now would probably be the best place to switch gears and experiment. The report about the SW game not being an interactive movie like the 4 previous QD projects could be a sign of that. After the huge success of Detroit (which was their highest selling game), they could hire more people, split the studio into teams, and take on two projects at the same time. Although, knowing Cage, he wouldn't miss an opportunity to write and direct a SW story. So I'm not too optimistic.

Well, at least at the first glance, it doesn't look like they're gonna make yet another interactive detective movie with three playable characters, where one of them tries to catch another.

17 hours ago, Slava said:

This is certainly interesting. Cage has been leading every project by Quantic Dream until this point, always taking the position of director and main writer. The contract with Sony is over, so now would probably be the best place to switch gears and experiment. The report about the SW game not being an interactive movie like the 4 previous QD projects could be a sign of that. After the huge success of Detroit (which was their highest selling game), they could hire more people, split the studio into teams, and take on two projects at the same time. Although, knowing Cage, he wouldn't miss an opportunity to write and direct a SW story. So I'm not too optimistic.

Well, at least at the first glance, it doesn't look like they're gonna make yet another interactive detective movie with three playable characters, where one of them tries to catch another.

You play as Rey and Kylo and get to decide how awkward the Reylo scenes are.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, Infernopommes said:

If David Cage directs this, we already know what the twist will be:

Reveal hidden contents

Somehow Palpatine has returned.

In bad batch final episode, there's a cloning facility with palpatine clone in it. So they can revive him as often they want.

• Like 1

Holllyyyyy....shhiiitttt! Thats got to be a pre-rendered trailer right? There's no way those are in game graphics......right? Because otherwise Quantic Dream just won for best graphics I've ever seen. Absolutely stunning trailer nonetheless. 

I didn't care too much for Heavy Rain (I enjoyed the story, just no the gameplay and the way the trophies worked) so I still haven't played Beyond: Two Souls or Detroit: Become Human, and I do own them. Trophy wise they get to be a bit much...but I love Star Wars and QD's narrative style could be pretty amazing. 

• Like 1

I'm not typically a Star Wars, Disney or David Cage fan but if they dont change developers or cancel it because of accusations that were proven, in court, to be lies constructed by disgruntled former employees, I'll probably check it out.

But it is Disney, they love to bend the knee to Twitter mobs that are to lazy to educate themselves on a topic before forming an opinion.

I dont expect it to be cancelled but I wouldnt be surprised, either. 
I try to support people and companies that dont bend the knee so, if they dont, I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Don't expect this anytime soon. Granted, this may be worst case scenario, but still.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-eclipse-launch-2027/

If this is true then they deserve shit for showing it off so soon...2027 is likely the next console generation! Then again a PS6 would make sense for those insane graphics!

• 2 months later...
On 05.03.2022 at 6:56 AM, MidnightDragon said:

https://dotesports.com/general/news/star-wars-eclipse-reportedly-delayed-to-2027

If true, why the hell did they even bother to announce it?!

Probably to hire people who'd want to work on a Star Wars game. It's like a recruitment ad. Although, it seems, it didn't quite work for Quantic Dream.

• 1 year later...

EXCLUSIVE – STAR WARS ECLIPSE TARGETING 2026 RELEASE DATE

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Star Wars Eclipse, developed by Quantic Dream is targeting a tentative 2026 release date, but it could be delayed further.

The news comes from the same sources that revealed Chinese tech giant Netease would be acquiring Quantic Dream six months before it was officially announced (reported via eXputer).

Sources once again restated Quantic Dream’s struggle of hiring staff following allegations of workplace issues, including sexual harassment, crunch, and toxic work culture. In fact, one whistleblower who brought these allegations to light is still in legal battles with Quantic Dream – Which is expected to finalise later this year.

It’s understood that due to the scope of Star Wars Eclipse and alleged issues with hiring staff, the game could be delayed further from its 2026 target. Because of such date targets, Star Wars Eclipse is likely the most far-out Star Wars game that has been announced. So far, there are six announced Star Wars games in development that are yet to release.

Star Wars Eclipse is described as, “a new action-adventure, multiple-character branching narrative game set in the High Republic era of the iconic Star Wars™ galaxy, now early in development.” In late 2022,  Sacred Symbols leaked plot details of Eclipse that Insider Gaming could independently verify.

Every Star Wars game in development:

Star Wars: Outlaws – Ubisoft Massive

Amy Hennig’s Game – Skydance Media

Untitled FPS – Respawn Entertainment

Star Wars: Eclipse – Quantic Dream

Knights of the Old Republic Remake – Saber Interactive

Star Wars: Hunters – Zynga

Untitled Strategy Game – Respawn Entertainment

https://insider-gaming.com/star-wars-eclipse-2026/

• Like 4

Might as well not even think about it at this point. If the current rumors are true, the PS6 and Nextbox are coming in 2028...so this will be an end of the Generation game and really not far off from the idea brought up in 2021 that this looked like a PS6 game, especially if it gets delayed further.