Attention! Hide GTA5 if...

D-E-U-S-X

4 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

The difference you've pointed out has no bearing on what should and shouldn't be permitted.

What is and isnt permitted isnt for us to decide though. The rules are clear and posted for us all to see. It is our responsability to make sure we follow them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The one thing I've never really understood about the very specific example of Run like the Wind, on GTA5, is that since the beginning of the game's lifespan, this trophy could only ever be acquired by relying on someone else to do a specific action.  The only way to obtain this trophy is to play it long enough for someone to do said action, and for you to then react in a specific way. This is still the case now. Both now, and before, the way to obtain this trophy is identical. I don't see how this one very specific case is flaggable..

The difference is that Rockstar disabled the bounty system so the only way to get this trophy is by either asking a hacker in a modded server to put a bounty on you since legit ones no longer exist or accidentally land in a hacked server and have one just appear. Regardless of if you get a bounty by accidentally landing in a hacked server or are dumb enough to seek out a hacker and ask them to put one on you, the trophy was earned illegitimately because the legal way of getting it is now impossible.

Between now and mid-December, a lot of people are going to be booted from the leaderboards for getting this trophy when it's impossible to earn it legitimately so to avoid becoming one of those people, either only play in private servers so you avoid the hackers all together or just hide the list and accept you will never be on the leaderboards.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 minutes ago, bratMario said:

In other hand reputation points given from flagged users (like me, on this forum) shouldn't also be zero'ed? 

flagged users are only prevented from participating in the leaderboard. it is always said by some CTR member or whatever that the other functions of the site remain completely at your disposal. you would only be restricted from using the forum in more severe circumstances.

On 2.11.2021 at 6:05 PM, HuntingFever said:

The difference is that Rockstar disabled the bounty system so the only way to get this trophy is by either asking a hacker in a modded server to put a bounty on you since legit ones no longer exist or accidentally land in a hacked server and have one just appear. Regardless of if you get a bounty by accidentally landing in a hacked server or are dumb enough to seek out a hacker and ask them to put one on you, the trophy was earned illegitimately because the legal way of getting it is now impossible.

Between now and mid-December, a lot of people are going to be booted from the leaderboards for getting this trophy when it's impossible to earn it legitimately so to avoid becoming one of those people, either only play in private servers so you avoid the hackers all together or just hide the list and accept you will never be on the leaderboards.

Then why private servers for games like UT3 are allowed? After GameSpy was closed, ppl are still getting trophies by using "server-cheat" trick. What's the difference between that and a modder who puts a bounty on you in GTAV (what's the most important here is that he PUTS a bounty, you still earn the trophy by yourself). Here and here functionality is closed. Moreover! By using server trick you know what you are doing and you are doing it on purpose. Here, in GTA V, you can join random match (as the online is still active) and get the bounty without aiming for it.

And why people should be playing the game in its limited way? Whose fault is it, that the trophy is unobtainable? Why players who bought the game and played online, due to  Rockstars incompetence should be treated as cheaters. Even if they don't care about leaderboards, it simply doesn't matter. The knowledge of being a cheater if something wasn't done on purpose is riddiculous.

And, why when Rockstar confirmed that servers on PS3 will be closing and no more Shark cards will be available in the Store, owners of this site didn't contact/made a petition to them asking to turn on bounties for the last ~3months. Nobody would be hurt by that anymore, and players from psnprofiles would be able to get that trophy legitimely, if the feature would be enabled again. But it's better to hunt ppl over the internet for a stupidily simple trophy, than showing that we care about our community.

Edited by xLukk
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, xLukk said:

Then why private servers for games like UT3 are allowed? After GameSpy was closed, ppl are still getting trophies by using "server-cheat" trick. What's the difference between that and a modder who puts a bounty on you in GTAV (what's the most important here is that he PUTS a bounty, you still earn the trophy by yourself). Here and here functionality is closed. Moreover! By using server trick you know what you are doing and you are doing it on purpose. Here, in GTA V, you can join random match (as the online is still active) and get the bounty without aiming for it.

And why people should be playing the game in its limited way? Whose fault is it, that the trophy is unobtainable? Why players who bought the game and played online, due to  Rockstars incompetence should be treated as cheaters. Even if they don't care about leaderboards, it simply doesn't matter. The knowledge of being a cheater if something wasn't done on purpose is riddiculous.

And, why when Rockstar confirmed that servers on PS3 will be closing and no more Shark cards will be available in the Store, owners of this site didn't contact/made a petition to them asking to turn on bounties for the last ~3months. Nobody would be hurt by that anymore, and players from psnprofiles would be able to get that trophy legitimely, if the feature would be enabled again. But it's better to hunt ppl over the internet for a stupidily simple trophy, than showing that we care about our community.

GoneSpy doesn't alter the games or your console's OS in anyway, it just emulates the original server environment that the MP mode for the game in question used to run in, by having you manually change the DNS servers your PS3 uses to connect to the internet so you can then connect to the open source servers it runs on.

The GTA hackers on the other hand, directly modify the code of the game itself via hacking software so they can then alter your saves to give you items you haven't earned and shouldn't have access to. It's the same way that hackers managed to trash the Borderlands 1 servers back in 2009/2010 by giving unsuspecting players, modded items that were so broken they would either corrupt your saves or break your story progression by re-activating a broken mission that was removed from the game during development but left in the SDK by mistake.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

GoneSpy doesn't alter the games or your console's OS in anyway, it just emulates the original server environment that the MP mode for the game in question used to run in, by having you manually change the DNS servers your PS3 uses to connect to the internet so you can then connect to the open source servers it runs on.

The GTA hackers on the other hand, directly modify the code of the game itself via hacking software so they can then alter your saves to give you items you haven't earned and shouldn't have access to. It's the same way that hackers managed to trash the Borderlands 1 servers back in 2009/2010 by giving unsuspecting players, modded items that were so broken they would either corrupt your saves or break your story progression by re-activating a broken mission that was removed from the game during development but left in the SDK by mistake.

In GTA5, and your examples, the person receiving the bounty/access to the emukated server/modded weapons has not modified their console OS in any way.  I can appreciate that you are trying to defend this stance, but your reasoning is very flimsy.

Again, whether the feature was removed or not in gta5 (same with whether the real servers are taken down or not in the case of GoneSpy), people have taken ir upon themselves to make it poasible for others. The situation is the same.  In both cases, the trophies have been made possible again for anyone who plays the game. In one case, gta5, one needs to run into a modder and do the trophy the legitimate way once a bounty has been applied by *an outside source* As it always has been. In the other case, Gonespy games, one needs to input the proper server DNS (or however it works, idk the specifics) and, again, do the trophy the legitimate way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xLukk said:

I remember you used to be #2 on the leaderboards back in 2016 - 2017. Anyway...

I would just let this go man. Every trophy hunter needs to understand that online servers aren't going to last forever. Unreal Tournament 3 is an exception. I don't know if people tried to bring back servers for the original PS3 version of Demon's Souls, since getting the necessary items by dropping them shaves off lots of time for the platinum.

Rockstar screwed us with the Numero Uno trophy until we realized they're switching around the playlists, probably due to inactivity. You haven't been able to get Run Like the Wind trophy legit since 2017 and at this point it's just pointless.

Before this issue blew up it was perhaps possible to get a modder to place a bounty on you. But how would you know if they weren't going to suddenly give you a bunch of money and you automatically reach level 100? Many of those people got flagged and are still getting flagged due to hackers/modders giving them free stuff in public free roam.

The PS4 version of this game is mostly free of hackers/modders, so you don't have to worry about getting flagged for illegitimate trophies.

It sucks, but Rockstar is fully intent on shutting down the servers for the PS3 version. If you couldn't for instance finish Max Payne 3 in time, then tough luck. It's the same situation for all the other PS3/PS4 games getting server shutdown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

[...] You haven't been able to get Run Like the Wind trophy legit since 2017 and at this point it's just pointless. [...]

This has been pointed out already by some:

Even with the rules on this site, up to this date (and up to the server shutdown for that matter), RLTW is NOT unobtainable by "legit" methods.

You can very much have gotten a bounty before they deactivated the feature, don't play the game for years, come back to it and still have the bounty placed on you. No modding tools involved whatsoever.

The timestamp on RLTW alone is NOT proof that it has been achieved with modding tools involved, you have to look at the timestamp of peoples first online trophy too, if they ever played before the feature has been deactivated. RLTW doesn't even have to be the first trophy people get after they come back, they can very much get other trophies before they survive their bounty with no modding tools involved whatsoever.

At least one person claimed in another thread, that he had a legitimate bounty and gotten the trophy later but was just ignored. I would give anybody a pass, who played online before the bounty feature had been deactivated... in fact, I would white list the trophy to begin with, but whatever...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xLukk said:

Then why private servers for games like UT3 are allowed?

3 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

has been applied by *an outside source*

This has been discussed numerous times.

Game restoration / recreation being allowed is based on equal accessibility, and 1:1 game functionality requirements. The games specifically deemed allowable are able to be setup by anyone, for all time, and work like they did before. GTA V's situation can be gate-kept by hackers, and uses non-native code to alter functionality, e.g. million dollar bounties, etc.

I remember vehemently arguing against allowing any 3rd party servers of any kind a few years ago, with the foresight we'd end up in this mess where it could potentially be perceived that the rules aren't consistent, or something should be an exception for "almost" being the same.

So, again, I ask everyone to look to the future. Here's an actual example someone was just flagged for. There's a coop game that shares servers with the PC community, where someone from the PC side used cheat tools not native to the game and put some god mode on. The PS4 player was then able to complete the game easily. Now, I think everyone will agree having a god mode that doesn't exist is cheating (well, I'm sure we'll get a few...). But at the core of it, is it really different than getting a bounty using a mod menu? Both can argue they "completed the requirements" or that "they didn't know" etc. There's some minor differences, yes, but really, it's the same type of cheating. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Yet another example of virtually every representative on the site being willfully tone-deaf.  Once again, despite knowing that people absolutely can have RLTW (and similar trophies) unlocked for them, after completing the requirements legitimately, with no action taken on their part and without their permission.  And once again, you are accusing them of being the ones that cheated.  

You specifically acknowledged that the site had decided to allow "outside tools" to be used in other instances in the past, yet have decided to not only not allow for them here, but the site seems to have a particular hard-on for punishing members -- some of which have given money to support the site -- for actions that they damn well know was out of their control, and for actions that you cannot even prove were illegitimate (as a player could have had a legitimate bounty on them years ago, not played again until they heard the servers were closing and decided to clean up online trophies, and started playing again)......because......reasons?

And when I say "you", I mean you personally and the site as a whole.  You have defended this policy (Yes, I understand you voted against certain things for consistency, but you have gone on record as being perfectly OK with legitimate players being classified as cheaters).  You are speaking as a representative of the site, and virtually every other representative of the site that chimed in seems to be OK with it as well.  I will continue to be baffled by the fact that this site has absolutely no problems labelling players as cheaters over a situation that they damn well know they can't even prove, and have repeatedly acknowledged isn't even the affected player's fault in a good chunk of the time.  And the only "remedy" the site offers is to hide trophies, negating the credit for dozens of other legitimately earned trophies, while still giving off the impression that the affected player did something wrong.  

Blatant and well-known account sharing among those at the top of the leaderboard?  Yeah, no problem!

Use of "outside tools" (again, your own words from another post) to allow players to continue earning trophies or restore functionality that developers intentionally shut down?  You got it!

Some players accidentally run into a hacker and get RLTW popped for them through no fault of their own?  "All hands on deck, we have a live one and cannot allow this travesty to continue!"  

There's a major difference between an open source server, where all of the code is easily viewable versus someone running custom firmware on a modified console. One can get you and your console permanently banned from PSN

• Like 1

I see this thread getting closed soon too. The leaderboard is comparing profiles and it doesn't matter if it's your fault or not when something happens with your profile. If your profile violates rules for the leaderboard then you are out. If someone is doping your food and you get tested positive during a sports tournament then your score is not valid either (at least in my country) - the same rule applies here too. I support the position of the website's owner.

8 hours ago, B1rvine said:

This has been discussed numerous times.

Game restoration / recreation being allowed is based on equal accessibility, and 1:1 game functionality requirements. The games specifically deemed allowable are able to be setup by anyone, for all time, and work like they did before. GTA V's situation can be gate-kept by hackers, and uses non-native code to alter functionality, e.g. million dollar bounties, etc.

I remember vehemently arguing against allowing any 3rd party servers of any kind a few years ago, with the foresight we'd end up in this mess where it could potentially be perceived that the rules aren't consistent, or something should be an exception for "almost" being the same.

So, again, I ask everyone to look to the future. Here's an actual example someone was just flagged for. There's a coop game that shares servers with the PC community, where someone from the PC side used cheat tools not native to the game and put some god mode on. The PS4 player was then able to complete the game easily. Now, I think everyone will agree having a god mode that doesn't exist is cheating (well, I'm sure we'll get a few...). But at the core of it, is it really different than getting a bounty using a mod menu? Both can argue they "completed the requirements" or that "they didn't know" etc. There's some minor differences, yes, but really, it's the same type of cheating. 

I understand that but if you look at my profile for example. I was flagged even though the trophy was earned legit. You removed me from the leaderboards and when I explained what happened you didn't care because someone I know got the trophy by a hacker even though I wasn't even playing with him at the time. So based on this logic god forbid if anyone knows anybody who had a modder touch their account you will automatically be removed.

• Like 1

I think where people are the most frustrated with this decision is you don't have the ability to reject bounties placed upon you.  Yes you can try to die, but if you somehow miss the notification or the game bugs you've suddenly gotten a trophy you don't even want that results in you getting flagged.  Sure you could just skip the online but having those unobtainable trophies on your profile and lower percentage really eats away at some people.

1 minute ago, JunkSkelington said:

I think where people are the most frustrated with this decision is you don't have the ability to reject bounties placed upon you.  Yes you can try to die, but if you somehow miss the notification or the game bugs you've suddenly gotten a trophy you don't even want that results in you getting flagged.  Sure you could just skip the online but having those unobtainable trophies on your profile and lower percentage really eats away at some people.

Play in invite-only lobbies and nobody can place a hacked bounty on you. I did it this way and hadn't had any problems at all with hackers.

1 minute ago, REAPER4536 said:

Play in invite-only lobbies and nobody can place a hacked bounty on you. I did it this way and hadn't had any problems at all with hackers.

Sure, but that's easier said than done.  A lot of people don't have a large group of friends that care about trophies, let alone that are still playing PS3 games.  Organizing a dedicated group for something like this is a not insignificant amount of work, and requires large blocks of time to help yourself and others.  Losing the ability to just be able to jump into a public lobby for an hour and logging out without talking to anyone or setting up anything is a real boon for gamers that play mostly solo.

• Like 1