What horror movie bothered you the most?

Wade_VC

The Ring. While the film itself wasn't scary, there were bits in it that "bothered" me. There were certain scenes at the start of the movie which involved "facial distortion" of some characters. The one that got me the most was the when they cut to the girl in the cupboard with her tounge hanging out. I don't know what it was, but it just freaked me out completely. Basially any kind of "facial distortion" will do that to me :unsure:

This. That part where they cut to her looking messing up scared the crap out of me.

Also, not a movie, but I literally cannot play Silent Hill 2. The story seems really awesome, but I can't get past that first monster. Just makes my skin crawl. :ninja:

• 2 years later...

Stephen King's It

I saw it originally when I was about 12, and boy did Tim Curry scare the sh*t outta me! While I'm not coulrophobic, every time I see a clown I can't help but think of this movie thanks to Pennywise.

However, I did develop globophobia (not joking, I'm terrified of Balloons. At least, up close. I have no problem with pictures or from far away.) I really don't get why, but that's how it is. It's after seeing this movie when I first noticed it (or at least what I can remember.)

Edited by Holocat_Zer0

I saw "They" when I was 9. I had a very active imagination so you can imagine how this movie affected me. Couldn't sleep well for a hole week!

Then my sister saw the first Alien movie when it came out she was only 6 at the time, and the chest buster scene pretty much scared her for life.

Horror movies never go bothered me much, I've always loved horror and gore. BUT, even with that being said, the only thing has ever bothered me was the Stir of Echoes. That rape scene where she's scratching at the floor and her fingernails break off. >.<

I can watch people get cut open, skinned alive, beheaded with a dull knife, smashed witg hammers, fingers/toes cut off, but as soon as they get to the fingernails, I turn into a little girl! xD

• Like 1

I'm way too much of a pussy to watch horror movies, so the scariest thing i ever saw on tv was "Knock It Off", a Powerpuff Girls episode i saw when i was around 7-8. Not quite as disturbing coming back to it now, but the messed up themes of the episode are still there.

I watched The Sixth Sense when I was about 12, on my own. 

I became convinced that there were dead people all around me, who I couldn't see. It got so bad that I'd lie awake all night terrified, and wouldn't get up if I needed the toilet or anything else at night (the suicide lady jump scare whilst the kid was pissing was the worst bit of 6th Sense IMO). 

• Like 1

I'm glad I scrolled through the first two pages as I was thinking up a few others... and I saw the poltergeist.  That movie, just seeing the few pictures here brings back that childhood fear. 

While these aren't as creepy I remember watching the likes of:  Hellraiser (his head was full of pins/spikes) Jason (the hockey mask) and Freddie Kruger with the deadly fingers.  And today seeing somebody with the avatar Chucky that rings true as well.  And the puppetmasters.  Where did all true creepy, horror style creativity go?  Now we have fake "paranormal activity' esk shitty wannabe "it's real" hitting the box office and people considering it a horror movie. 

Ahh i know i'm missing a few others, but these movies and overall theme made up a lot of the horror shows and movies i really enjoyed watching and being scared by. 

Edit: children of the corn.  lol   kind of.. the first one of was really kreepy. 

wow:  but i just remember how damn creepy candyman was!!!  I couldn't go into the bathroom for nights, let alone entertain the idea of chanting his name looking into the mirror.  I literally was fearful that he would get me.  So many oldies but goodies!!!  I really really enjoyed what horror films bring to the table.

The first saw, i thought was really, really creative in how it unfolded.  That would be maybe my more recent film.  But what they've made it saw 14 now?  That twist at the end of the first saw was simply epic.

Edited by SilkyJay86

the last time a horror moive bothered me was the remake of texas chainsaw massacre with jessica biel. when leather face puts the guy up on the hook and takes a handful of salt and smacks on his stub where his leg was. ill admit i cringed. cause if you've ever literally put salt in a wound before you know what i mean. i can only imagine what that would feel like.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Potter, the Prisoner of Askaban or whatever. I know this isn't a horror movie, but I was seven when i first saw those dementors, and I had trouble sleeping for months after that. Nowadays I don't get phased much by horrors.

Edited by lildude9763

• 2 weeks later...

I was 11 and I watch Halloween, the original not the awful remake, the movie didn't really scare me only the ending exactly that last second were Donald Pleasence looks outside and Michael Myers is gone and you realize he is unstoppable, that part with and the music really stuck with me, I couldn't sleep thinking how he could get into my house.

28 days later. I watched it when I was 13 and had been kept completely awake by insomnia for 4 days prior to watching it. Seeing it while in this vulnerable state convinced me that the events were occurring and I was only days away from facing complete rage in an infected humans eyes before they tore into me and my family in real life. That was one wasted year in therapy, and watching it again now, I actually quite enjoy the movie.

I watch pretty much every horror movie that comes out, but recently watched Cannibal Holocaust.

Never had so much trouble getting through the movie, the gore was fine but the scenes of rape and all the animal cruelty (all of which was real) was a bit much.

Certainly not something I'd recommend as a "Date Movie" lol