Is it posible/worthy to 100% it in 2022?

Fran_Bankai

Hi there! My name is Fran and I've been a huge FF fan since 1997, the year of FFVII release and my first experience with the franchise. Since the release of PS trophies, I'd like to complete at 100% as much of them as I can, and I'm on my way when I have the time to play them. 

But now I'm in the situation of getting this game as a Christmas present and I dunno if I'll be able to. I mean... It is still possible to 100% it nowadays? I've been reading all the other posts and teorically it is, but doing all the subgrading of patches and all that stuff sounds terrible for me ? I'm a totally noob in those things. And is it worthy?

Also, I have a doubt... If I complete Comrades standalone trophies... Did they autopop on the FFXV trophy list? Or I'll have to replay it again? 

I'm sorry if all these questions have been answered before and I didn't read them, sorry. 

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Thank you so much in advance, FF fans of all over the world!

• Like 1

The 100% is only possible via Proxy Server patch downgrade trick, because the Comrades DLC is no longer accessible in-game and it just redirects you to an advert for the standalone version. Also, AFAIK, there is no cross-save with standalone version of Comrades, thus you will have to redo it from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fran_Bankai said:

Hi there! My name is Fran and I've been a huge FF fan since 1997, the year of FFVII release and my first experience with the franchise. Since the release of PS trophies, I'd like to complete at 100% as much of them as I can, and I'm on my way when I have the time to play them. 

But now I'm in the situation of getting this game as a Christmas present and I dunno if I'll be able to. I mean... It is still possible to 100% it nowadays? I've been reading all the other posts and teorically it is, but doing all the subgrading of patches and all that stuff sounds terrible for me 1f605.png I'm a totally noob in those things. And is it worthy?

Also, I have a doubt... If I complete Comrades standalone trophies... Did they autopop on the FFXV trophy list? Or I'll have to replay it again? 

I'm sorry if all these questions have been answered before and I didn't read them, sorry. 

You'd have to get the Royal Edition of FFXV to get the Comrades DLC. And even then, you'll need to downgrade/update the game using 

in order to play it. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
Digital or Disc
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You'd have to get the Royal Edition of FFXV on disc (iirc) to get the Comrades DLC. And even then, you'll need to downgrade/update the game using 

in order to play it. 

You don't need the disc version. Digital version works fine as well. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fran_Bankai said:

But now I'm in the situation of getting this game as a Christmas present and I dunno if I'll be able to. I mean... It is still possible to 100% it nowadays? I've been reading all the other posts and teorically it is, but doing all the subgrading of patches and all that stuff sounds terrible for me 1f605.png I'm a totally noob in those things. And is it worthy?

The 100% is possible with the downgrade trick, there is no way around it, but it is worth it, especially if you're a FF fan.

The Royal Edition is the way to go, it has all the DLC included except Episode Ardyn (goes on sale every now and then) and the physical version comes with the season pass that should give u access to the old comrades once u downgrade the patch. It seems daunting at first but its really not that bad if you follow the instructions closely.

Once you have done the original comrades, you can do the stand alone where most of the trophies will auto-pop, except for the ones that were added. I dont think it works the other way around.

As for the main game its pretty much a complete adventure now with all the patches and extra content, good DLC and added super bosses. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fran_Bankai said:

Wow, those comments are of a great help, thank you so much!!! Just last one doubt and I'll be ready. Do you know if the method also works on PS5? Because I've seen that in the PS Plus collection FFXV Royal is included.

This will not work for PS5 games, It will work for PS4 games on PS5.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The 100% is only possible via Proxy Server patch downgrade trick, because the Comrades DLC is no longer accessible in-game and it just redirects you to an advert for the standalone version. Also, AFAIK, there is no cross-save with standalone version of Comrades, thus you will have to redo it from scratch.

Some of my trophies transfered over. A few didn't though. I know I had to do the cooking rng trophy again. There definitely  is cross-save but idk if it will work with the proxy method. 

Edited by skateak
  • Like 3

I can say doing FFXV 100% is worth it. Comrades DLC can be done with the downgrade method here. Link

For the most part, Comrades is easy to do. The only hard part is the Ifrit Boss fight since you have to do that solo with AI party members. The other boss fight that is difficult is on the Comrades standalone, and yes, you can import your comrades DLC save over to the standalone and it will auto-pop some trophies.

Here is the link to the trophy guide section for the FFXV + DLC.  Guide Section

The game itself is easy to do with a few difficult/tricky trophies, mostly in the DLC. Namely,

58Sc81095.png A New Blademaster
Scored 1,000,000 or more points in Score Attack.
ACHIEVERS
5.98%
VERY RARE
40-gold.png

65S7dd1b7.png Dogged Rider
Earned the top ranking on all three Time Trial courses.
ACHIEVERS
5.88%
VERY RARE
40-gold.png

81S6426a5.png A New Protagonist
Earned the top ranking in the Friendly Match.
ACHIEVERS
5.53%
VERY RARE

40-gold.png

88S6aa4e6.png Through the Dimensional Rift
Defeated Omega.
ACHIEVERS
7.24%
VERY RARE

40-gold.png

98Sc1296f.png Return of the Founder King
Earned the top ranking.
ACHIEVERS
4.90%
ULTRA RARE

40-gold.png

Personally, I recommend watching guides on YT and some of them can be kinda cheesed but that depends on luck. Personally, A New Protagonist is the hardest trophy IMO. But it can be done, if I could, anyone could, hahaha.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dakk55 said:

I can say doing FFXV 100% is worth it. Comrades DLC can be done with the downgrade method here. Link

For the most part, Comrades is easy to do. The only hard part is the Ifrit Boss fight since you have to do that solo with AI party members. The other boss fight that is difficult is on the Comrades standalone, and yes, you can import your comrades DLC save over to the standalone and it will auto-pop some trophies.

Here is the link to the trophy guide section for the FFXV + DLC.  Guide Section

The game itself is easy to do with a few difficult/tricky trophies, mostly in the DLC. Namely,

58Sc81095.png A New Blademaster
Scored 1,000,000 or more points in Score Attack.
ACHIEVERS
5.98%
VERY RARE
40-gold.png

65S7dd1b7.png Dogged Rider
Earned the top ranking on all three Time Trial courses.
ACHIEVERS
5.88%
VERY RARE
40-gold.png

81S6426a5.png A New Protagonist
Earned the top ranking in the Friendly Match.
ACHIEVERS
5.53%
VERY RARE

40-gold.png

88S6aa4e6.png Through the Dimensional Rift
Defeated Omega.
ACHIEVERS
7.24%
VERY RARE

40-gold.png

98Sc1296f.png Return of the Founder King
Earned the top ranking.
ACHIEVERS
4.90%
ULTRA RARE

40-gold.png

Personally, I recommend watching guides on YT and some of them can be kinda cheesed but that depends on luck. Personally, A New Protagonist is the hardest trophy IMO. But it can be done, if I could, anyone could, hahaha.

For me the hardest boss fight was 'the final trial' of Gladio's DLC, you'll know who, A new protagonist is closely second for me. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

For me the hardest boss fight was 'the final trial' of Gladio's DLC, you'll know who, A new protagonist is closely second for me. 

For me, Gladiolus DLC was surprisingly easy to get a handle down once I figured how to parry the attacks and learned the enemy's moves. A New Protagonist is just a pain since you're going up against Noctis the Chad. On that part, I got lucky when he got stuck for a bit on the roof and I was able to chip away his health for a bit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cometowner said:

As long no server is closed or permanently glitched trophies, everything is possible. do you agree with that? 

As I recall, none of the trophies requires online, even Comrades DLC. No glitched trophies either. Everything is possible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

The 100% is possible with the downgrade trick, there is no way around it, but it is worth it, especially if you're a FF fan.

The Royal Edition is the way to go, it has all the DLC included except Episode Ardyn (goes on sale every now and then) and the physical version comes with the season pass that should give u access to the old comrades once u downgrade the patch. It seems daunting at first but its really not that bad if you follow the instructions closely.

Once you have done the original comrades, you can do the stand alone where most of the trophies will auto-pop, except for the ones that were added. I dont think it works the other way around.

As for the main game its pretty much a complete adventure now with all the patches and extra content, good DLC and added super bosses. 

I'm glad to hear your last sentence. I never played FF XV, but absolutely loved the movie Kingsglaive, so FFXV has always been in my backlog since then. Now [because I never played it] I can get it with all the content available, all fixes, patches, bosses, etc. This sounds sweet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, bikeman223 said:

So in theory, what's the highest overall completion percentage you can get in this game if you ignore the Comrades trophies?

I currently only have the comrades trophies, and that's 10% completion.  So the highest without would be 90%.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Delameko said:

I currently only have the comrades trophies, and that's 10% completion.  So the highest without would be 90%.

Thanks, I think I'll just go for the offline trophies for now. I don't fancy messing with/investing in Proxy servers at this point in time.

On 15/01/2022 at 4:12 PM, Delameko said:

Just for reference, the highest without is actually 89%. I know because I've just earned all the SP trophies. 89% is pretty good.

Still thinking about going back to this game. But do you need a newgame+ for all the royal pack trophies?

I’m missing 2 comrades dlc trophies, ardyn dlc and like I mentioned everything from the royal pack.

With only 2 bronze trophies from comrades that I miss I should be able to get it to 97-99%..

So the TLDR;

Do you need ng+ for all royal pack trophies?