Bingo Bonanza 2022

On 30.12.2021 at 9:48 PM, Zvetiki said:

Let's see how well I'll do. Will make a tentative plan in the next days.

GbG7HPz.jpg

My G column may be the first to fall:

* Cult Favorite: Catherine? NieR: Automata? Both should be eligible, I suppose.

* Based on Non-Gaming IP: Captain Tsubasa.

* Multiple Endings: As I am one of those strange guys who actually like to play VNs, this should pose no problem. Pity I just finished Our World Is Ended.

* Minigames, Online Features: Those should come across eventually, no need to specifially look out for them.

Other random comments and questions:

* "Spawned an extended universe": Steins;Gate did spawn the anime series, but I got that already on two stacks. Would Steins;Gate 0 be considered a spawn point as it's part of the game series which gave rise to the anime? Or not because it wasn't the first game of the series?

* Oldest in my backlog: I am reasonably sure that Unit 13 was the first physical game I ever had for the Vita (and thus my first PS trophy based game), so I have to take that, even though it's not my first ever tropy.

* "Customizable Hats"? Probably any RPG with character customisation will do here, right?

• Like 1

I always like the encouragement to play games outside of what I would normally, so I'd like to join! I haven't put too much thought into any of the sections as I just wanted to hit generate and give whatever I get a try. Here's my card:

Question though: For the for the another PSNP event one, I've joined the attack on completion event- which kinda means any game I play so long as it increases my completion counts... does this mean I could use any game for this section or what are your thoughts-- otherwise I might have to re-generate this card.

sHeDUU8.png

Edited by igs63

15 hours ago, igs63 said:

Question though: For the for the another PSNP event one, I've joined the attack on completion event- which kinda means any game I play so long as it increases my completion counts... does this mean I could use any game for this section or what are your thoughts-- otherwise I might have to re-generate this card.

I’m also signed up for the completion event and have the same bingo card. I’m just going to pick a game for one of the optional challenges and use that for this bingo too

• Like 1

Some people brought in the new year with a bang, I brought mine in with a PoP...  Finished the story for My First Trip to the Hospital a la 2003.  Kept a tally of all the sand clouds as I went; 47.  I missed one cloud somewhere, I'll go back with a guide AFTER I get back from leave.  The trip down memory lane was great and all, but the port isn't the greatest.

KfCZBJe.png

Spoiler
  1. Adventure Lords of the Fallen  Swapped it out with another game that I was considering to get it in line with the challenge rules.
  2. One Word Title Anodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - Prince of Persia  Is it the original?  No.  Is it the game that spawned that abhorrent movie?  Yes.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Silent Hill 2  I know, I know, I've never played a Silent Hill game before, have I been living under a rock?  Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I consume every gory horror media thing around.  I prefer grimdark fantasy/political intrigue type of psychological horror.  A lot of horror games and movies just feel over the top to be over the top.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

Edited by Bl4ckb1rd92
Edited to correct image link.
  • Like 3

So.... I'm having trouble finding one for "Spawned an Expanded Universe"....

... I think the best I've come up with that I have in my to-play list is Alan Wake  - (I know it had comic-book offshoots, and I think a novelisation too) - however, it's the Remastered version that's on Playstation, and not the original... obviously, since that was an Xbox sclusie!

Even though it was technically the original game that spawned the extended universe, rather than this version, I'm hoping that's fine, since this is just a polished re-release of that same game, and not a sequel? 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

So.... I'm having trouble finding one for "Spawned an Expanded Universe"....

... I think the best I've come up with that I have in my to-play list is Alan Wake  - (I know it had comic-book offshoots, and I think a novelisation too) - however, it's the Remastered version that's on Playstation, and not the original... obviously, since that was an Xbox sclusie!

Even though it was technically the original game that spawned the extended universe, rather than this version, I'm hoping that's fine, since this is just a polished re-release of that same game, and not a sequel? 

Yea that's fine, important thing is the game series spawned more.

• Like 1

Bingo-01-01-22-2.jpg

2nd game down - Stories Untold for the Platinum-Free experience!

Hell of a game - not quite on the level of No Code’s previous effort (Observation) - but that’s a very high bar, and this one was still creepy, interesting, compelling, quite moving at times, and very original! ??

• Like 3

Count me in too!lnb4cKZ.png

Also another peripheral game option would be Neko Atsume VR. Playing that now and VR isn't required. Also other options are games that link up to your phone, as in party games, or microphones for any singing games, lots of options really.

If any one wants recommendations, I really enjoyed FezChroma Squad, and Super Life of Pixel.

Edited by KunoGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

I wanna join this event and I have made my bingo card, but I need help making into a imgur. I have a MacBook Air as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Create a free account with Postimages.org

Then upload the image there. 

From there, find the Share button for links. Copy one and paste it here. ?

I’ve made a plan for my Bingo and I’ve started a couple of the games today. Some are already in progress, I’m really hoping to make a dent in my backlog between this and AoC

B1- Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle - Q*Bert Rebooted

B2 - Crafting Mechanics - The Wild at Heart

B3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - The Last of Us Part 2

B4 - With Player Operated Vehicles - GTA III Definitive edition

B5 - Main Character has no Facial Hair - both DLCs for Control (they add a lot of story so I’m hoping that’ll be ok)

I1 - Cooperative Game - It Takes Two 

I2 - Free to Play - A King’s Tale Final Fantasy XV (a game I didn’t even know I had)

I3 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Judgment

I4 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - Valiant Hearts The Great War

I5 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy - Mafia Definitive Edition

N1 - Has Snacks that Heal You - Yakuza 0

N2 - In Game Weather Effects - Spiritfarer (I think it has them, pretty sure there’s rain and storms)

N3 - Player Choice - Owlboy

N4 - With a # or Punctuation in the Title - A Plague Tale: Innocence

N5 - For Another PSNP event - Sly 2 (my most common completion for the AoC monthly challenge)

G1 - Strategy, Simulation or Management - Two Point Hospital

G2 - Overplayed - Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Remastered

G3 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - Disco Elysium

G4 - Retro Re-Release - Bully

G5 - That “Everyone” But You Has Played - Red Dead Redemption (I think 900,000 is almost everyone)

O1 - Award Winning - Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture 

O2 - Releasing Your Inner Weeb - Persona 5 Strikers

O3 - That You’ve Been Meaning to Get To - Nier Automata

O4 - Redeemed From PS Plus - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

O5 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Good Luck everyone with your bingo cards

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Got a game done for the event and it's Ender Lilies.

315S6mg.jpg

Just a question for those more in the know - A game that takes "Forever" to beat is a game that has a really long story mode no? Would Batman Arkham Knight count for this one?

It could also be a game that you found really challenging so it took forever, or on the flip side could be one that you just didnt like so getting though that story seemed to take longer than it should.

• Like 2

Another one bites the dust!  Already started Super Meat Boy, taking breaks...  Very frequent extended ones with other games in between.  Super excited to fly out tonight.  

zJgPjaC.png

Spoiler
  1. Adventure Day of the Tentacle  Swapped it out with another game that I was considering to get it in line with the challenge.
  2. One Word Title Anodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - Prince of Persia  Is it the original?  No.  Is it the game that spawned that abhorrent movie?  Yes.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Resident Evil  Found out Silent Hill is a physical copy only game.  So, changing it.  Haven't played any of these, yet, either.  Figured I'd start with the first one, pretty sure I saw it on the store so I'll get around to it.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

• Like 4

First Game done (hopefully I'm understanding this category right) for Based on a Non-Gaming IP: Doctor Who: The Lonely Assassins. It's a lost phone game. Had a lot of connections and callbacks to the episode "Blink" from the time of David Tennant's the 10th Doctor, including actors from the episode. Decided to re-watch the episode to catch all the references. Pretty crazy how many we saw.

5CtWqq2.png

• Like 3