Thoughts on the trophies?

Banana_Sausage47

26 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

this game will be an ultra rare platinum for a good while is my guess. I've played it a bit on pc and a friend has been playing it on xbox for a yr and doesnt have the 1000G...its super grindy and requires a lot of time...I cant speak on the DLC but the main game will be insane...the game is a lot of fun but that will deteriorate quickly when u just wanna get ur gold promotions and u have played for over 100hrs...list is the same as other platforms it looks like...gonna be a long road haha

The PS4 and 5 versions share the same list as the Steam release, which is different to the XB1 version since that's missing a couple of trophies/achievements. Also, the DLC trophies are in the main list when you look at the Steam and XB1 versions so there are now several highly annoying trophies in the PS4 and 5 releases which aren't required for the Plat so can be skipped if you don't want to go for the 100% :).

On 04/01/2022 at 0:12 AM, Vinny122004 said:

What’s the estimate on the time and difficulty (plat), also can you boost the trophies?

You're looking at 300hrs+ all in for the Plat and 100% but you can boost everything in private lobbies, though some of the online trophies can be done solo with the A.I. bot you're given. Difficulty wise, you're looking at an 8/10 because there's a lot of RNG and skill involved, plus some time limited stuff that will take a couple of months to complete.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You're looking at 500-600hrs all in for the Plat and 100% but you can boost everything in private lobbies, though some of the online trophies can be done solo with the A.I. bot you're given.

So it shouldn’t be hard then, what’s the time on just the plat?

1 hour ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Just wondering, is data server side? Would this possibly be a ' ps4>5" 5>4 auto pop

I'm wondering the same thing; is there PS5>PS4 autopop? I'd like to play on PS5, but for the amount of effort it'll take I wouldnt mind a double plat. But I dont want to play the PS4 version to get it.

• Like 1

I've sunk about 30-40 hours on the PC. It's an enjoyable game but you need three-four people to make it enjoyable. Duos or solo at certain difficulties is impossible. 

Each mission depending on difficulty and length can range from 20 to 90 minutes. 

There is a big element of RNG for sure and in the time I've been playing I've got one Dwarf to the point of being able to promote him. I've completed maybe about 20-30 missions total I think. 

So yeah, the platinum would be ridiculous. 

• Like 1

At first I was a bit sceptical about the game and I hoped it wouldn't be too grindy. But 500 hours!!! I completed Monster Hunter World in about 150 hours and felt grindy as hell, no way I'm gonna try this one. Playerbase is gonna drop super fast after a week or 2.

Edit : I guess I'll give it a try after all the positive comments about the game. I won't try to rush the platinum, I'll get it eventually and try to have a good time playing it.

Edited by UNDERDOG90
reconsideration
  • Like 1

Definitely going to be checking it out with some friends I play with regularly. But +500 hours for that Platinum ?, then I'll probably be skipping the Plat and just play for fun with friends. If it is really as fun as people say it is, then I'll stick it out. Hell I'm still playing FallGuys every day for the past year and half and still enjoy it, so if DRG also has that staying power, then I'll definitely stick with it and hopefully obtain that Plat one day.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

There's some games that I know I'll never get the platinum in (due to time/grind/skill) but still play regardless for the fun of it. This is going to be one of them. Heard good things from sources I trust to not sleep on it.

If I can get over 75% of the trophies, then that's good enough for me.

That's my thinking as well so will just enjoy the game and get what I can :). I want to Plat and 100% this at some point but that will probably never happen, because there are some trophies that are just too annoying.

• Like 1

I've played about 7 missions so far and as of now the game doesn't feel like it'll be hard to get the platinum trophy for, it will just take time.

I think the bigger hurdle to get the plat will be finding a full party of geared people on headsets knowing what to do and working together. Some of the harder trophies are ones where the team can't request additional ammo and you have to do it on very hard difficulty settings.

I don't think this plat will be as hard to get as people make it sound like. It may take time, maybe a lot of time, but it is really fun so that's fine. With a good team it can't be that difficult.

• Like 2

I can say, hand on heart, this is not a shit game. It is one of the best co-op's I've played since Left 4 Dead. If folk aren't worried about getting the plat, then you can crack on safe in the knowledge you're sinking your teeth into a great game. 

Also, the dev support has been fantastic with no paid DLC - all just being included for free. 

I'm reticent to start playing such a big multiplayer game but then I do know how much fun it is :D

• Like 4

On 1/3/2022 at 0:24 PM, Kal-El457 said:

this game will be an ultra rare platinum for a good while is my guess. I've played it a bit on pc and a friend has been playing it on xbox for a yr and doesnt have the 1000G...its super grindy and requires a lot of time...I cant speak on the DLC but the main game will be insane...the game is a lot of fun but that will deteriorate quickly when u just wanna get ur gold promotions and u have played for over 100hrs...list is the same as other platforms it looks like...gonna be a long road haha

Absolutely going to be a UR, probably under 2%. Worms Rumble wasn't that hard, just grindy, and it's 2 something percent because of being on PS+. Similar deal with Knockout City going down to 4% after it came to PS+, but this trophy list seems way grindier than Knockout City.

• Like 3

One thing I will say is that I think the following trophy will be a bloody nightmare. 

I suppose if you got one with low infestation and minimal complexity, it might not be too bad but you'll need to be really efficient. Plus I've done a Level 4 with two people and it was hell on earth. So you'd need a full crew for this and an experienced one. 

Successfully complete a Hazard Level 5 mission from start to finish where no dwarf goes down and without ordering a resupply

• Like 1