Any word on what's going on with this site? Slow forums for nearly 3 months and broken profiles

19 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Once you take a step back from the issues, what we have here is an online community who take the time to be helpful to others, and a site that helps people find information and boosting buddies and a lot more besides. 

I for one love this site when I actually use it and help other people out or share guides in video or text form. It's a nice feeling to be able to help others, whilst having an active platform to do so, and this site has given me so much more than a place to track my trophies or see what my stats are like. It's like an online home that I come to almost every day for one reason or another, and I love that. :wub: 

Any website that handles as much information as this site does will have it's issues or minor bugs, or slightly larger bugs in some cases, but let's appreciate what we have here, even if it does take more than a few seconds to load up a forum page. Just be thankful we're not living on dial-up modems right? :giggle: 

It's just that simple.

Yeah - the slow load-up of the forum is annoying (I commented on this quite a while ago). And no - I don't feel the need to sing paeans of praise to the site owner. But at the end of the day, it's just an annoyance. The trophies still sync (quickly). The guides are still there. The mods pay attention. In short, things work. Maybe not as well as they could/should, but they work.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, B1rvine said:

The slow forums may be (indirectly) my fault. The GTA V modding crew got mad and said they were going to launch DDOS attacks on PSNP in retaliation after screenshots were sent to the cheater removal team, because people wanted their donations back and stuff.

That story seems ridiculous, it must be true.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's just that simple.

Yeah - the slow load-up of the forum is annoying (I commented on this quite a while ago). And no - I don't feel the need to sing paeans of praise to the site owner. But at the end of the day, it's just an annoyance. The trophies still sync (quickly). The guides are still there. The mods pay attention. In short, things work. Maybe not as well as they could/should, but they work.

Yeah, I mean of course, no site like this is perfect on the technical side, but despite that, the site does what people use it for, and that's all we need really. I can't complain for having an extra platform to engage with like minded individuals. But yeah, you are right in what you're saying too :) 

• Like 1

The slow forums might not seem a big issue but... For me most of the time it takes around 12sec to load each one. I click multiple posts a day, lets say 20. That's 4min a day, 28min a week, 112min a month 24hrs a year. Just waiting. Lol. 

One thing i have noticed though, is clicking on a post through Google search they will load almost instantly. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The slow forums might not seem a big issue but... For me most of the time it takes around 12sec to load each one. I click multiple posts a day, lets say 20. That's 4min a day, 28min a week, 112min a month 24hrs a year. Just waiting. Lol. 

One thing i have noticed though, is clicking on a post through Google search they will load almost instantly. 

I believe that due to the accumulation of information or some memory problem the tendency is that this time increases with the months, so 12 seconds can become 1 minute.

elon musk should buy psnp lol

just kidding

As per a lot of people here, I have used this site for years.  I dont need constant new features and how it runs now is fine with me.  However, the issue I have right now is that the site is basically useless as its stopped updating my profile.  I dont see why I should hide the whole of train sim world 2 when other sites are able to track it.  I wouldnt mind if all the DLC's wernt present and it only tracked certain ones for now but at least it can sync.

I cant join boosting groups as it doesnt think I own the game which is another feature I used to remind me what sessions I have used. 

I understand that when Sony change something up, it means work in the back end and it can be sudden without notice.  However, just letting people know its being worked on means they dont have to keep going on about it and questioning it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Last_DJ said:

I cant join boosting groups as it doesnt think I own the game which is another feature I used to remind me what sessions I have used. 

this always happens to me, even though I have the game synchronized with won trophies...

the "create your session" button doesn't exist for me either.

and when I commented inviting a member to play with me,

(this was in an appropriate thread and about the game) I had my post removed, even though it was not a off topic post and even though it was in an appropriate thread about the game. that's because according to the moderators of this site you must open a session, even if there are people interested in playing chatting now on the topic, I can't invite. some things on this site just don't make sense and are unnecessarily complicated.

In this moment the only thing that I really appreciate about PSNP is the staff, I'm impressed of all the work that they do just for love of this site, they are the real MVPs that keep this site running because without them and the lack of answers from Sly this site shoould have died a long time ago, hope you guys keep your will strong to continue with this and I really hope that this site could reborn and gave all the new and veteran users new things and updates to enjoy here. I paid for my lifetime membership more than 10 years ago and surely have received a lot from it and I don't feel robbed like some people say, but as some other people I like this site and would like for it to survive for a long time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

The forum is a lot faster for me at the moment. Fastest it's been in months.

Can anyone else confirm the same?

I think you might be right. It's not as fast as it used to be but only takes me about 3 seconds to load. Which is alot faster than the 8-10 seconds it used to take. Front page loads instantly as usual.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 7:48 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

In this moment the only thing that I really appreciate about PSNP is the staff, I'm impressed of all the work that they do just for love of this site, they are the real MVPs that keep this site running because without them and the lack of answers from Sly this site shoould have died a long time ago, hope you guys keep your will strong to continue with this and I really hope that this site could reborn and gave all the new and veteran users new things and updates to enjoy here. I paid for my lifetime membership more than 10 years ago and surely have received a lot from it and I don't feel robbed like some people say, but as some other people I like this site and would like for it to survive for a long time.

This sums it up.  The staff do a great job and the fact others are willing to help do the back end coding for nothing speaks volumes.  Lifetime is a great price, best price around but I can understand why some might feel they are being robbed when the basic function isnt working.  As long as all my trophies scan, I am more than happy.  The site has everything I need it to do.

2 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

The forum is a lot faster for me at the moment. Fastest it's been in months.

Can anyone else confirm the same?

I'd say there's been an improvement too. After some consideration, I have decided to go premium. I use this site every day near enough, so that justifies it for me. Might as well support the site for it's efforts regardless.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I'd say there's been an improvement too. After some consideration, I have decided to go premium. I use this site every day near enough, so that justifies it for me. Might as well support the site for it's efforts regardless.

We must use two different PSNProfiles because I just don't see this wonderful place you see. I wish I could have just given you my premium because it was gifted to me without consent and I don't support this site in all honesty.

Edit: the forums are loading faster in the past day or so. Still a broken and abandoned website from everything I see, at least at a leadership level.

Edit 2: now that I think about it we're definitely using two different versions of PSNP somehow. When I had a trans pride flag as my cover image I just got bullied and cold shouldered. PSNP sucks most of the time tbh.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Now it seems like it's slowed down a bit, for me anyway. Still faster than it's been though.

Congrats on going Premium BTW. ? It definitely has it's benefits, and I agree that it's good to support the site, especially us everyday users.

On 25/01/2022 at 11:35 AM, Chaos_Culture said:

Just coming by to laugh at people that need real problems in their life if they think waiting a few seconds for an internet page to load is the end of the world.
I'd ignore y'all to.

I also wish people would drop this "transparancy" nonsense.

transparency*

13 hours ago, kindajustin said:

We must use two different PSNProfiles because I just don't see this wonderful place you see. I wish I could have just given you my premium because it was gifted to me without consent and I don't support this site in all honesty.

Edit: the forums are loading faster in the past day or so. Still a broken and abandoned website from everything I see, at least at a leadership level.

Edit 2: now that I think about it we're definitely using two different versions of PSNP somehow. When I had a trans pride flag as my cover image I just got bullied and cold shouldered. PSNP sucks most of the time tbh.

Supporting the site is a personal choice, and it's perfectly okay whether someone chooses to or not. Personally, as someone who uses this site fairly regularly, I felt it was justified by that reasoning alone. I had been gifted Premium once by someone as well, so I totally get it. 

Aside from the leadership side of things, I'd say the site fulfils it's purpose as a place to track trophies, stats and connect with other trophy hunters. Sure no website like this one is perfect, and there's always going to be issues or cracks somewhere. There are people helping in the background from my understanding. Either way, your opinion is completely valid and I do agree to some extent.

Perhaps we are, or people have become more open and accepting of LGBTQ+ individuals. It's not like I keep my identity a secret or anything, I'm proud of who I am, and while I'm grateful that I've not had any issues regarding my identity from anyone here in this site as far as I'm aware, I'm very sorry you had to experience that though. Sure I've had homophobic or transphobic comments made to me in the past but they weren't members of this site, and yeah some people do suck because of that. 

8 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Congrats on going Premium BTW. 1f60e.png It definitely has it's benefits, and I agree that it's good to support the site, especially us everyday users.

Thanks dude! Honestly, this site has been a great place for me to connect with people, regardless of what flags I share, but I'd say it's worth it for the additional benefits. Besides, if the support helps the site run, then I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

@StygianWolf4 thank you, that was a very thoughtful response. I definitely don't want to make it seem like I have anything against people who are finding this site to their liking.

I want to get back to the site being so broken, though. Everyone here is talking about how slow the forums are loading, that's been something I've experienced for months now. But the trophy profile side of this site is also very broken, is no one else experiencing that? If I try to look at a trophy profile of someone who's played more than 150-200 games, I get these images almost every single time. Is this considered working? I'm just trying to figure out where everyone else is at.

S8nUZKB.jpg

wWAdWvR.jpg

gZJKSXx.jpg

MM60ZJz.jpg

Gotta admit for me personally, the trophy profiles look a lot cooler when the game/trophy images actually load.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

@StygianWolf4 thank you, that was a very thoughtful response. I definitely don't want to make it seem like I have anything against people who are finding this site to their liking.

I want to get back to the site being so broken, though. Everyone here is talking about how slow the forums are loading, that's been something I've experienced for months now. But the trophy profile side of this site is also very broken, is no one else experiencing that? If I try to look at a trophy profile of someone who's played more than 150-200 games, I get these images almost every single time. Is this considered working? I'm just trying to figure out where everyone else is at.

S8nUZKB.jpg

wWAdWvR.jpg

gZJKSXx.jpg

MM60ZJz.jpg

Gotta admit for me personally, the trophy profiles look a lot cooler when the game/trophy images actually load.

this never happened to me, but the main page also takes a long time to load completely. ?

8 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this never happened to me, but the main page also takes a long time to load completely. 1f914.png

So weird. I can reproduce this in a matter of minutes on practically any profile. I actually used your profile as one of my tests because I knew I'd break yours lol.

1 hour ago, kindajustin said:

So weird. I can reproduce this in a matter of minutes on practically any profile. I actually used your profile as one of my tests because I knew I'd break yours lol.

hahahahahah more than 1000 games registered, I do not doubt that soon I will have similar problems. ikemenzi broke the site for being the only one with +10k games.

4 hours ago, kindajustin said:

If I try to look at a trophy profile of someone who's played more than 150-200 games, I get these images almost every single time. Is this considered working? I'm just trying to figure out where everyone else is at.

Update your browser to the latest version, clear your cache, and keep your browser settings to defaults. I'm pretty sure this is something on your end.

• Like 3

The page is great, but I have to admit the forums section is a bit slower than the usual. I don't know exactly when the site was made but it must be working on a really old code, and the amount of posts keep growing and growing, so I would say it's normal. Let's just enjoy the community while it's still here, I don't want another MySpace or MSN.

this site is literally the worst site i have ever accessed in my entire life, i would never recommend this site to anyone. i can't stop accessing this site even though it's so bad, i'm here everyday but i hate this site it's true. s/

3 hours ago, kevao97 said:

this site is literally the worst site i have ever accessed in my entire life, i would never recommend this site to anyone. i can't stop accessing this site even though it's so bad, i'm here everyday but i hate this site it's true. s/

your sig creeps me out man lol

• Like 2