Any word on what's going on with this site? Slow forums for nearly 3 months and broken profiles

21 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Just had the Cloudflare verifier again, oddly not on my first visit today either.

I always have the CloudFlare thing on every device I use. It is annoying since trying to load any page or to refresh it takes like 3-5 minutes to load. My internet is decent (is low by international standards) but helps, though. I was surprised to see it first time since had like 2 months without getting into the Forums or the Profiles page itself.

Edited by Xenoblast91

On 6/6/2023 at 5:49 PM, HusKy said:

The forum is just slow, not much you can do about it. 4-5 seconds sounds about right. Some subsections don't load at all, for example "Game Forums - S". My guess would be that the forum software (Invision Board) is not optimized for so many subforums (22 000+ subforums) or some scaling issue with database.

Yeah the T forums don't load either, they just bring back a Bad Gateway error, I brought this up months ago in another thread, and it has been happening for months before I said something...so this has been a problem for at least a year. But your idea makes sense here as it's S and T that don't load...the two letters that make up most game titles.

As for Cloudflare, I didn't have it for a couple days now it's back again...which brought me back to this thread. 

On 7-6-2023 at 3:19 PM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

My own post was 90% on-topic and was just removed it seems... This is the only forum I've ever used where posts will just be silently removed without any explanation.

Good moderation takes a lot of time and energy, especially on such a big forum with so many users. Closing topics and removing posts is the easier and quicker way out.

The only good thing is that you get to keep your rep points. Just the other day I basically told someone that they were being an asshole. The post was removed, but it is still sort of satisfying to see that at least 10 people agreed with me, looking at my rep points. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Good moderation takes a lot of time and energy, especially on such a big forum with so many users. Closing topics and removing posts is the easier and quicker way out.

The only good thing is that you get to keep your rep points. Just the other day I basically told someone that they were being an asshole. The post was removed, but it is still sort of satisfying to see that at least 10 people agreed with me, looking at my rep points. :D

While that's definitely true, there's a fair few forums larger than this one that seem to have better and more consistent moderation imho. This is actually probably one of the smallest and least active forums I frequent nowadays (I can count the number of forums I semi-regularly visit on one hand, to be fair, not including the handful of subreddits I occasionally check out).

As @kindajustin said, the main issue is that the moderation here is just weirdly spotty and inconsistent. I'm honestly surprised the post I made that you're quoting hasn't been removed yet, or the other posts before it pointing out that posts had been deleted. Sometimes when a post is mostly on-topic, only the off-topic section will be edited out by mods, and other times the entire post is deleted. Then sometimes posts that are entirely off-topic are just left alone... I could go on but I'm sure many people here are familiar with this anyway.

On topic, I'm also getting the Cloudflare page again every so often as of about a week ago. I mostly only visit the main page here nowadays to check the new game/DLC lists and if there's any new trophy guides, and the Cloudflare issue seems to mostly be affecting the forums for me, but it's occasionally affected the home page as well.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 2

Cloudflare came back yesterday for me and that means Firefox is useless again with the infinite loop for verification, and so I'm back on Google Chrome where I get hit with it but least I'm able to verify and use the site. Be nice if this got fixed once and for all, among other things, but not looking likely.

1 minute ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Some days I get caught in an infinite loop 

That's what was happening to me last time. With the current version, the main issue is when the cloudflare thing itself refuses to load ?.

None of that with VPN, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I don’t get annoyed with that easily, but it finally annoyed me enough to make a thread about it. 

I mentioned it above but it keeps happening now, i haven't been able to get into psn profiles for three days now because of poxy cloudflare, have had to use somebody else's laptop to log in tonight. It lets me on my psn profile page no problem, but to be honest i dont use this site for that side of it.

Its all about the forums for me and cloudflare is making it more difficult week on week to actually access it. Its maddening enough to make me want to go all juvenile, throw my toys around and threaten to  leave the site and other such unbecoming statements. But i dont want that (its literally the only site I use and visit on the web) and honestly, who really cares about posts like that? Its just beyond disappointing and I wish cloudflare would fcuk off back to wherever it came from.

• Like 2