Any word on what's going on with this site? Slow forums for nearly 3 months and broken profiles

6 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

There was a day where he had passion for this site. Obviously that's why he created it. However, the fact that he just sits and collects money and does nothing with this site other than adding a tag for new consoles is insane. People waste money on premium and get no updates from the sites owner. The only people keeping this site worthwhile are the staff and HusKy. 

I have ZERO clue why Sly doesn't hire HusKy at this point, or anyone really, to assist with updates and communication with the community. The major issues that need fixing STILL haven't been fixed and there hasn't been an update from the ONE person who can fix it. Absolutely insane. No one hates Sly, we HATE the fact he won't provide any update on issues and fails to update / upgrade the site. 

@Sly Ripper, care to elaborate or give insight on to why you wont' employ anyone or give us an update? (Massive reach here, I know)

Because that would cost money. Perhaps the budget just isn't there to hire employees and offer them a compensation/benefits package. We won't know because there is no communication.

I would also like to know why the website has been so slow and why communication is sparse. This is the third profile I've paid for and although it's a minuscule amount of money, I still feel somewhat entitled to at least an acknowledgment or update.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Especially since this is the Feedback section of the site.

Ironic, isn’t it? I think everyone has a right to voice their concerns for the site in the forums, whether or not someone wants to take that feedback as “dog-piling” the site owner, that’s a personal issue.

Feedback is important and should always be considered if the same topics are getting brought up regularly. And it doesn’t help when mods act as Sly’s voice constantly, things probably get lost in translation or thrown to the side more times than not I’d imagine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That's not accurate.

If you're the only admin and refuse to answer any sort of question, yes, you have effectively abandoned the website that you've created a company for. I've been highly critical of Sly's style of leadership since the very beginning, but now his lack of passion actually started to affect this site in a very negative way.

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 2

this site is in absolute disrepair. I was considering buying Premium to better organize my trophy Cabinet, but due to the sheer amount of issues I don't see a reason to support it. I just feel sorry for new members who are coming now and posting in the Introductions section, my desire is to tell them not to waste their time here until things are ok, I only use this forum out of habit, but it's getting more and more difficult.

10 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this site is in absolute disrepair. I was considering buying Premium to better organize my trophy Cabinet, but due to the sheer amount of issues I don't see a reason to support it. I just feel sorry for new members who are coming now and posting in the Introductions section, my desire is to tell them not to waste their time here until things are ok, I only use this forum out of habit, but it's getting more and more difficult.

Hey quit doing the dog pile on this thread! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alayaes said:

While I generally fully agree and adopt this, over the last 15 years in my career I've also come to understand that there's a fine line between being permissive and being understanding.

When it comes to business, at some point you have to put your foot down and be real. We can sympathize all day long about someone's private affairs affecting their productivity, but in the end, that's not our problem. These are essentially "customers" asking a business for clarification and transparency. As long as you're offering a product to customers, your personal issues are of nobody's concern but yours. If these personal issues start to affect the product you provide, the problem cannot and should not be transferred to the customer.

This is why oftentimes you'll hear the phrase "that sounds like a personal problem" in a dismissive way. Because, well, that's the harsh truth.

Yeah I can't disagree with any of this. There is a fine balance between accepting when peoples personal issues are affecting productivity and supporting them and then when their personal issues result in them taking liberties. I've paid for premium so I certainly want the site to be the best it can be. Obviously the way to solve any particular personal problem is to have more redundancies in place than a single person.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

man you complain about getting WPs but you’re just fishing for them at this point. 

Lol my fiancé says I’m a troll but I don’t believe her. After the WP I’ve accepted it. Can’t change it. I’m not sure what happens after a certain amount though. I’ve also never been good at fishing either. :(

Edited by kdogg_gamer_

25 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Lol my fiancé says I’m a troll but I don’t believe her. After the WP I’ve accepted it. Can’t change it. I’m not sure what happens after a certain amount though. I’ve also never been good at fishing either. :(

if you have 5 concurrent WP, you are permaban.

WPs expire after 1 year.

Just coming by to laugh at people that need real problems in their life if they think waiting a few seconds for an internet page to load is the end of the world.
I'd ignore y'all to.

I also wish people would drop this "transparancy" nonsense.  Businesses arent your friend. They dont get have to come to you for approval on every move they make. If you dont like the service, stop paying for it. If enough people feel the same, the business will change.
But doing that actually requires self agency and you wouldnt be able to play victim and we cant have that. haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Culture said:

Just coming by to laugh at people that need real problems in their life if they think waiting a few seconds for an internet page to load is the end of the world.
I'd ignore y'all to.

I also wish people would drop this "transparancy" nonsense.  Businesses arent your friend. They dont get have to come to you for approval on every move they make. If you dont like the service, stop paying for it. If enough people feel the same, the business will change.
But doing that actually requires self agency and you wouldnt be able to play victim and we cant have that. haha

although I partially agree with part of your comment (about people boycotting a service they are not happy with) there is a lot of arrogance in your speech that might put some people off.

there is no harm in demanding good service, especially when money is involved. there are people who use this website/forum daily, and you can see the difference between this website and any other. waiting 10 seconds for a page to load isn't the end of the world indeed, but it's also not the end of the world to complain about it in the appropriate section.

your comment is just a childish "haha how silly you are" starting the sentence by saying you're here to laugh at people who are complaining about something pertinent in an appropriate section for that. if you're not going to add anything to the discussion, just don't say anything, you can laugh at home without announcing it on an internet forum.

In all honesty I Paid $12.00 or something along that line for a lifetime membership.  I can't complain about this site for that price as much as I use it.   I sure would hate to discourage ownership and end up looking at my profile on exophase or one of the other sites.  Sometimes its best to just be thankful for what you have or it be gone.  I'd much prefer the site a bit slower than not at all.  At any rate i'm not sure if the site is a major revenue generator for the owner but I'm assuming if it was it would be nurtured a bit more so I doubt it is.  The site is a sight better than most of the other sites so I'd refrain from complaining too much.  Of less of course it's about a rarity leaderboard then it's ok to give the owner as much shit as you like.  

7 hours ago, Chaos_Culture said:

I'd ignore y'all to.

I find your image "DO NOT COMPLY" really creepy lol.

• Like 3