Sifu Trophy thoughts?

kidson2004

Just now, soziaLSturmi said:

Cool icons, cool lis, lets see how hard the game will be for the under 25 playthrough :)

I was just about to post the same thing. That’ll be interesting to pull off. More than sure a speed run will be done days after release ? 

25 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

All the trophy images and names are brilliant! Fitting name for the developer: Sloclap. Will hang on until the physical version comes out. 

Yeah, I’m going physical too to add to the collection. While I wait, I’ll be watching for some effective strategies and combos. Looks fun!

• Like 2

Honestly, what I can't ignore is the horrible avatar of the game itself. I always find it surprising when I see beautifully-designed games with really bad avatars in the trophy list! Kena!!! Hades!!! and now Sifu!!! 

The official covers of their games are already beautiful, why they're not using them instead!

• Like 1

The only gold trophy that at least sounds hard is beat the game under 25 years. Beating it under 50 sounds like that'll be the average player. And with no difficulty setting related trophy I would assume you can play on an "easy" mode and beat it under 25 once you get the hang of the controls. It looks like a one time playthrough list.

Sony first party games look a lot easier to plat since the PS5 came out (excluding Returnal and the obvious Souls games that take skill) and it seems like these exclusive/limited time exclusive indie games are doing the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stray, Horizon, Forspoken and LIttle Devil are all easy plats this year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sifu - Vengeance Edition Announced! Gimme!!!

The Vengeance Edition, exclusively on PS4 and PS5, will be available as retail format on May 3, 2022. Take a look at its contents below:

- An exclusive Steel Book
- The game for PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4.
- The artbook 'The Art of Sifu'.
- The original soundtrack (in digital format).
- 3 lithographs.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2022 at 7:13 PM, breakingthegreen said:

I'm 24 years old right now, so clocks ticking for me to get the "complete the game while under 25 years old." 

Imagine my anguish when I came here to make a similar joke and seen that you already had ?

I kind of hope this trophy list is similar to Kena, one playthrough to pretty much cross everything off, and then a second playthrough offering you the challenge of trying to beat it without dying so much.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MDSP777 said:

Genuinely curious, how are people already playing this, and/or even gotten the plat already? Game's not yet out as far as I know, not even for early access (which is encountering some issues at the moment).

People are also already playing the western version of Monark, which is out on Feb 22. It is the usual like review copies, insiders, etc.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

Just leaving this here:

https://twitter.com/stevesaylor/status/1492220498910097409?s=20&t=XgeqmH1BGFMdmIi9i2v_tw

Hey! So it's weird I get to help break news but yes #Sifu is getting #accessibility updates post-launch.
- Better captions
- High Contrast Mode on PS4/5 (was on PC, but not PS4/5 at launch due to a bug)
- Difficulty Modes. Both easier & harder, similar to Metroid Dread's update.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a problem with the trophy list itself. My only small gripe is with the timing of the trophies.

The PS5 takes an immediate photo and video when the trophy pops. It's supposed to show a really cool moment captured. But, often times I'm left with a white or black photo as the game transitions to the next scene. Videos tend to do a bit better because of 15 seconds record window but sometimes suffer from bad timing as well.

So, I just end up deleting them all.