Do afk games and plats exists?

WhiterWhite00

The only one I can recall, where you could get the trophies for doing literally nothing would be Aabs Animals.

there are some games like My Name is Mayo and some others where I think you could get all trophies afk, with a turbo controller though, as it’s just button pushing over and over until the plat pops, - but I haven’t played them, so can’t be 100% sure.

• Like 1

I’ve encountered a few trophies here and there that I’ve been able to exploit with AFK methods, like rubber banding the controller to mindlessly grind laps or miles in a racing game, or using the tractor in Far Cry 5 to grind out 5000 zombie kills while AFK. But these situations are few and far between and are usually used for these mindlessly grindy trophies that suck.

However at the rate we are going it probably won’t be long before there are entire games you can platinum while AFK. There are already games where you can get all the trophies by just holding down one button for a few minutes, or games like My Name is Mayo where you tap one button. People already use turbo controllers to do the work for them while they go make a sandwich or bang their gfs or whatever. What a state we are in.

• Like 1

Panzer dragoon remake because you can easily get all the trophies that require actually playing in about an hour then its 98 hours sitting on the title screen(because i need the extra hour to play a level to save my stats). It was literally my third most played games of 2021 in my wrapup(behind assasins creed odyssey and yakuza like a dragon)because of that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 3:20 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

A whole new level of laziness next thing should be buying trophies individually.

Isn't that basically an option in nier: Automata?

On 1/30/2022 at 11:17 AM, WhiterWhite00 said:

Out of curiosity a friend and me were discussing about leaving console afk to farm some trophies (for example the 100 in-game days in Minecraft) and wondered if there are some strange games that let you get trophies just being afk on the PSN Store, do they exist?1f602.png

Korean version of Corpse Party: Blood Drive pops all trophies instantly. 

There’s quite a few trophies you can AFK, but I can’t really tell you entire games being AFKable. 

The Explorer trophy in Mafia II, the 40 hour trophy in Saints Row IV, the one million bolts in the original Ratchet & Clank.... all trophies that I rubberbanded and left the controller running. There are some other trophies, but I can’t remember them too well. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, WhiterWhite00 said:

Out of curiosity a friend and me were discussing about leaving console afk to farm some trophies (for example the 100 in-game days in Minecraft) and wondered if there are some strange games that let you get trophies just being afk on the PSN Store, do they exist??

Black Desert Online. Made the platinum in 300 hours, played maybe 10 or 20.

56 minutes ago, Prince-Varuni said:

There's Plastic Duck Simulator too, you could just go afk and let the ducks do their work.

Ah this game right? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/22715-placid-plastic-duck-simulator 

I remember hearing of people who played it, and it seemed reasonably fun, albeit, the RNG of certain trophies was annoying apparently. 

Edited by GothGirlMaxine
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Ah this, this game right? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/22715-placid-plastic-duck-simulator 

I remember hearing of people who played it, and it seemed reasonably fun, albeit, the RNG of certain trophies was annoying apparently. 

Yeah that one, I tried it, never got the plat because the RNG was annoying haha, although I think for three I was supposed to do something but never got around to it.

Aquarium Land & Dig Deep - You have workers that gather resources for you while idling/afking. You get certain milestones/trophies during this and with these gathered resources you buy the things needed for the platinum trophy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, provoligia said:

Aquarium Land & Dig Deep - You have workers that gather resources for you while idling/afking. You get certain milestones/trophies during this and with these gathered resources you buy the things needed for the platinum trophy.

I platinumed that one, you can't really walk away and leave it all day because the messages that pop up to tell you that you did something pauses the game. Fine if you are just idle in your room watching TV though. It goes faster if you are helping the workers too (Seems to be you can choose to help or not to)

46 minutes ago, Prince-Varuni said:

I platinumed that one, you can't really walk away and leave it all day because the messages that pop up to tell you that you did something pauses the game. Fine if you are just idle in your room watching TV though. It goes faster if you are helping the workers too (Seems to be you can choose to help or not to)

You just have to press the x button every 10-15 minutes. Helping speeds up for sure