Spring 2022 Backlog Challenge

Formally amending my earlier list now before I forget for next week's start as I've gone over the percentage threshold for Andromeda, played it a lot more over the past fortnight than I thought I would.

Spy Chameleon (37%)

2064: Read Only Memories (22%)

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (5%)

Just Cause 3 (1%)

God of War III

Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Shenmue

Should hopefully have Andromeda finished by the 1st ready to get cracking on these straight away, but even if it's not it won't be too long after that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stuthesheep said:

Formally amending my earlier list now before I forget for next week's start as I've gone over the percentage threshold for Andromeda, played it a lot more over the past fortnight than I thought I would.

Spy Chameleon (37%)

2064: Read Only Memories (22%)

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (5%)

Just Cause 3 (1%)

God of War III

Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Shenmue

Should hopefully have Andromeda finished by the 1st ready to get cracking on these straight away, but even if it's not it won't be too long after that.

Added.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:21 AM, Jelly Soup said:

I never get around to joining these events, but I'm here now so let's go.

Quick list in no particular order, will add more before event start.

1. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - 4%

2. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge - 4%

3. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - 21%

4. The Last Tinker: City of Colors - 4%

5. Farming Simulator 17 - 1%

Gonna bring my list up to 10, that seems like a good number to aim for. No good overloading. If I reach the ten and I can find my damn Vita charge wire, I know what I'll be adding after the 10.

Adding:

6. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 - 21%

7. Steven Universe: Unleash the Light - 6%

8. FEZ - 23%

9. Hue - 21%

10. Catlateral Damage - 2%

Edited by Jelly Soup
Altering selection as I misunderstood part of the terms.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Gonna bring my list up to 10, that seems like a good number to aim for. No good overloading. If I reach the ten and I can find my damn Vita charge wire, I know what I'll be adding after the 10.

Adding:

6. Kingdom Hearts (PS3) - 39%

7. Steven Universe: Unleash the Light - 6%

8. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 42%

9. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV - 42%

10. Catlateral Damage - 2%

Just FYI, only one game submitted can be up to 50% completed, everything else must be sub 33% ?

On 2/14/2022 at 0:14 PM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Sign me up, got way to many games in my backlog its hard to decide what to play 

1. Dirt 5 (26%) PS5 

2. Need for Speed Heat (16%) PS4 

3. Shadow of the tomb raider (2%) PS4

4. Titanfall 2 (1%) PS4 

5. Assassin's Creed Origins (15%) PS4 

6. Until Dawn (0%) PS4 

7. Ratchet and Clank (22%) PS4 

8. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (10%) PS4 

9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (32%) PS4 

An ambitious list so we will see if I finish everything and add more later  

Removed Borderlands 3 because I just finished plating it 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 1:59 PM, willythom88 said:

I'm in again, keeping this one basic af.

1) Adventure of Mana - Vita - 15%

2) Secrets of Mana - PS4 - 0%

3) Legend of Mana - PS4 - 1%

4) Horizon Forbidden West - 11%

5) Rime - 14%

You've been added.

Have four of my six planned games decided...but I can't figure out the last two. ARGH!

• Like 2

Gah! I pulled Elden Ring for now, purely because after giving it about 10 hours this past weekend I experienced pretty heavy input lag on virtually every character action I performed (as well as some pretty significant frame rate drops at certain points. I spent about 2 hours testing the input lag out with different starter classes in different ways, messing about with different system settings etc. But no luck. It looks like there are a few issues with the game, input lag being one that is affecting some people. I know they are working to fix it, but i'm chalking this up to 'needs more time in the oven' - so I'm going to pause on that, I'll dip into it once FromSoftware have ironed it all out. Even with the issues, this game definitely feels like something very special, so i'm going to give them a good chunk of time to sort it out.

I'm not sure what I'll swap this out with yet though, I definitely have some older stuff to clear out of my backlog but Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is coming very soon. I'll update one last time nearer the official start with something concrete.

On 22/02/2022 at 9:12 PM, ferginator88 said:

@Crispy_Oglop GTA V should be a climb, good luck!

Haha absolutely! I cleared the GTA Online trophies up years ago, but completely burned out on it and ended up shelving the main story. I hear the main campaign is a beast but a fantastic one. I dipped into it before I decided to put it on my list and wow, the story is fantastic. Really looking forward to giving this some serious focus time.

• Like 3

On 01/02/2022 at 0:32 PM, neospoon said:

I'll join in again! I'll start with just 5 games and go from there.

- Sly Cooper 49% (PSVita)

- Rage 12% (PS3)

- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel 4% (PS4)

- Metro Last Light 4% (PS3)

- Fallout 3 2% (PS3)

I’ve decided to make some changes, Just in time before the event starts

1. Sly Cooper 49% (PSVita)
  2. Rage 12% (PS3)
  3. Gran Turismo 7 0% (PS5) 
  4. Plague Tale Innocence 28% (PS5)
  5. Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 7% (PS4)
  6. Celeste 20% (PS4)*

*im currently playing Celeste, if it goes over the 30% threshold before Tuesday I’ll drop it from the list!

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

P5S: I have already started on this. It is my first Persona game and quickly falling in love with it. I know it plays a little different from the main titles but I might have to track them down after this (P4G will cost an arm and a leg xD).

P4G (which I strongly recommend, btw) is at 9,99€ in the EU store. Is it really that much more expensive in the NA store?

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

• The Saboteur [PS3] - 0%

Oh man I absolutely loved The Saboteur! 
Sleeping Dogs was great too but if I had to choose between the two I’d definitely go for The Saboteur!

Good luck with all the sidequests (1500!) there was a glitch to make those a lot easier and faster.

• Like 1

I would like to join too and I will start with just 5 and see how it goes. Maybe I will switch a few games in the end, but we will see.

Astro Aqua Kitty (Vita/PS4) 0%

Need for Speed Shift (PS3) 31%

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (PS4) 44%

Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken (Vita) 18%

Rayman Origins (Vita) 4%

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zvetiki said:

I'm in.

I'll commit on seven games:
* Ghost of Tsushima PS4 (22%) (meaning to get this done anyway)
* Costume Quest 2 PS3 (0%) (slowy clearing up the PS3 backlog)
* Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly PSV (0%) (heard good things about it)
* Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4 (0%) (VC2 was utterly brilliant, and VC1 was quite OK, so I look forward to that one)
* Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning PS4 (0%) (I enjoyed it back in the day on the X360; hope it has aged well)
* Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy  PS4 (43%) (I will certainly complete it in the time frame, so I might as well add it here)
* Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition (PSV) (14%) (same)

2 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I would like to join again so here's my official sign up.

I have finally decided on my games. I'm going with the minimum for now.

• Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure [PS4] - 0%
  • Persona 5 Strikers [PS4] - 17%
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West [PS3] - 0%
  • Team Sonic Racing [PS4] - 0%
  • The Saboteur [PS3] - 0%

Some of my initial thoughts:

Tiny Tina: Damn the full title is a mouthful. I played this before as DLC for the main game, this standalone shouldn't cause a problem. It's gonna be fun.

P5S: I have already started on this. It is my first Persona game and quickly falling in love with it. I know it plays a little different from the main titles but I might have to track them down after this (P4G will cost an arm and a leg xD).

Enslaved: I picked this one up a while ago because I have heard some good things about it. I already bought the DLC.

TSR: I usually leave racing games for every 10th plat but I got a few in the my backlog, it should be no trouble.

Saboteur: I've been wanting to play an open wolrd/GTA style game for a while now. It was either this or Sleeping Dogs. I can't fit both in so I flipped a coin for it and this won.

6 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I would like to join too and I will start with just 5 and see how it goes. Maybe I will switch a few games in the end, but we will see.

Astro Aqua Kitty (Vita/PS4) 0%

Need for Speed Shift (PS3) 31%

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (PS4) 44%

Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken (Vita) 18%

Rayman Origins (Vita) 4%

Added

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zvetiki said:

P4G (which I strongly recommend, btw) is at 9,99€ in the EU store. Is it really that much more expensive in the NA store?

I prefer physical copies and the NA version goes for $50+, but I might have to settle for digital (haven't checked yet) if it comes down to it.

For now I'm just going to hunt for a good deal (which I enjoy) on the physical, I'm not in a hurry.

5 hours ago, neospoon said:

Oh man I absolutely loved The Saboteur! 
Sleeping Dogs was great too but if I had to choose between the two I’d definitely go for The Saboteur!

Good luck with all the sidequests (1500!) there was a glitch to make those a lot easier and faster.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into it if I run into trouble with the sidequests or not enjoying them much.

22 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

The main line Persona games are amazing. Good luck tracking down a copy of Persona 4 Golden, it's one of the best games that I have ever played ?

• Like 3

Remember the challenge starts Tuesday! Starting with the summer challenge, I will change the duration time of how long signups are open. Since 90% sign up beforehand, it likely won't impact much.

9 hours ago, dark_moon689 said:

Signing up again, my list for this occasion:

1. (PS4) Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 0%

2. (PS3) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 2%

3. (PS4) The Last of Us Remastered - 33%

4. (PS4) Persona 5 Strikers - 0%

5. (PS4) Hellblade:  Senua's Sacrifice - 0%

Added and good luck!

Edited by MidnightDragon