Am I Unable to get the Platinum after server shutdown?

DecSim01

On 30/11/2020 at 11:00 PM, RNumbers said:

Not entirely accurate. All you need to have done are the two scrap crew challenges; you can do the rest of the challenges for this trophy at your leisure.

Because if this

Edited by maximo4_

12 minutes ago, Omega-MkIII said:

Since the platinum is unobtainable due to Up To The Task being, by itself, unobtainable, how could people  still unlock it?

The trophy is for completing the non-repeatable challenges. If you had already completed the 2 scrap crew challenges when the servers were still up, then the trophy is still obtainable for you. That's how people can still unlock it now.

It's only unobtainable if you don't have the 2 scrap crew challenges done already.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Omega-MkIII said:

Since the platinum is unobtainable due to Up To The Task being, by itself, unobtainable, how could people  still unlock it?

Someone like me. I got the 2 scrap crew challenges done before the server shutdown, but haven't returned to finish the rest of it yet. Like @Stevieboy above me said. If those 2 challenges are done before the server shut down. The trophy and the plat is still obtainable.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, RNumbers said:

Not entirely accurate. All you need to have done are the two scrap crew challenges; you can do the rest of the challenges for this trophy at your leisure.

Yes this guy is correct. Just need to have those two challenges done before that Nov cutoff. 

13 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Its been unobtainable for me since 2015 lol. Im still gutted they never fully fixed the scrap location bug unless you started the game again

Not necessarily unobtainable, it's not like you were stuck with that save. But yeah, that scrap location bug lost me like 12 hours of playtime... ;/

49 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Not necessarily unobtainable, it's not like you were stuck with that save. But yeah, that scrap location bug lost me like 12 hours of playtime... ;/

It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment from me but i get what you mean. I had alot of fun with the game but i just couldnt bring myself to start a new save. If i remember rightly it was a massive grind and some of the challenges were a pain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Its been unobtainable for me since 2015 lol. Im still gutted they never fully fixed the scrap location bug unless you started the game again

There is a way to glitch into that container. You need to get your car up there and get its back bumper up against the container. Way easier said than done. But if you manage it, you can press the button to fill the tank with gas, and it will automatically snap Max's position to the back of the car. If your bumper is against the container, you'll end up inside of it. You can collect the scrap and fast travel out. You can try the glitch yourself on any container and see that it works beforehand if you are skeptical. The tough part of this is getting your car up the trash pile so you can get it nearby the glitchy container. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

There is a way to glitch into that container. You need to get your car up there and get its back bumper up against the container. Way easier said than done. But if you manage it, you can press the button to fill the tank with gas, and it will automatically snap Max's position to the back of the car. If your bumper is against the container, you'll end up inside of it. You can collect the scrap and fast travel out. You can try the glitch yourself on any container and see that it works beforehand if you are skeptical. The tough part of this is getting your car up the trash pile so you can get it nearby the glitchy container. 

Thanks for the info. I will try this. 

On 2021-04-30 at 2:26 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment from me but i get what you mean. I had alot of fun with the game but i just couldnt bring myself to start a new save. If i remember rightly it was a massive grind and some of the challenges were a pain

You definitely are right about that. I loved the world & some other aspects, but man there was so much unnecessary filler shit, doesn’t help that they didn’t just do ‘100% of _’ & ‘100% of _’ they did an overall 100%, which means if you got to 99.99% and realized you had encountered a bug you’d have to redo every single fking thing rather than just 100%inf one collectible strand or whatever. 
I don’t blame you honestly, I was debating if I should’ve even done it & I had only lost 12~ hours, many others have gotten to the very end only to realize they were screwed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2021 at 7:52 PM, snakebit10 said:

Someone like me. I got the 2 scrap crew challenges done before the server shutdown, but haven't returned to finish the rest of it yet. Like @Stevieboy above me said. If those 2 challenges are done before the server shut down. The trophy and the plat is still obtainable.

I got the scrap bug and im thinking about starting another save to try it again, does the challenges counter transfers on different saves or i need to make sure that i finish all the challenges on the Same save? I know that i did the crew challenges..i just dont remenber if i still have the save...and i know that if i did the rest before end game that it would be alot easier.

24 minutes ago, kusuriuriPT said:

I got the scrap bug and im thinking about starting another save to try it again, does the challenges counter transfers on different saves or i need to make sure that i finish all the challenges on the Same save? I know that i did the crew challenges..i just dont remenber if i still have the save...and i know that if i did the rest before end game that it would be alot easier.

I haven't tested it out myself, but I don't think the challenges progress transfers between saves. If this is true, that would mean that "Up to the Task" would be unobtainable on a new save since the servers are shutdown. While I can't confirm this (I don't know if anyone on the site has attempted this), it may be better to be safe than sorry in this scenario. I do know that there are some videos on YouTube that can show how to get around some of the scrap bugs, hopefully they may be able to help! Best of luck!

Edited by Scott2272

51 minutes ago, Scott2272 said:

I haven't tested it out myself, but I don't think the challenges progress transfers between saves. If this is true, that would mean that "Up to the Task" would be unobtainable on a new save since the servers are shutdown. While I can't confirm this (I don't know if anyone on the site has attempted this), it may be better to be safe than sorry in this scenario. I do know that there are some videos on YouTube that can show how to get around some of the scrap bugs, hopefully they may be able to help! Best of luck!

At the time non of the workarrunds worked and i didnt know that making the challenges at the end game would make it tougher. Im probably just going to finish the challenges and start a new save for the scrap trophy 

11 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

Im probably just going to finish the challenges and start a new save for the scrap trophy 

If I’m remembering it correctly, you can’t. One of the trophies is tied to scrap. And one is tied to every challenge.

That’s what makes bugs in this game more infuriating, you could do 99.999999% of progress towards the Challenges trophy but if a scrap bugs out you’ll be missing that .000000000001%

also, challenges shouldn’t carry across saves, which means hopefully you have a save from when you had gotten the online challenge and put it in the cloud or on a USB stick.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

At the time non of the workarrunds worked and i didnt know that making the challenges at the end game would make it tougher. Im probably just going to finish the challenges and start a new save for the scrap trophy 

I'm 99% sure Challenge progress is locked to the saves you did them on and don't carry across saves, therefore you are 100% screwed if you either didn't get the 2 online challenges done before the servers closed or you decide to start a new game from scratch on a new save.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

Sorry to hear about that. I know that there are also some YouTube videos in regards to the challenges and strategies to use when attempting them during the endgame, they helped me out quite a bit. In regards to the scrap trophy, like OmegaRejectz and HuntingFever said, I think that starting a new save would prevent you from obtaining the "Up to the Task" trophy since the servers are shutdown and the scrap crews are offline. Therefore it may be better to keep going with the save you are on and keep looking for potential workarounds in regards to the scrap bug. Below are two guides that I found to be very helpful during my playthrough of the game for the challenges! Best of luck!

https://www.trueachievements.com/a205861/up-to-the-task-achievement

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=513935302

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kusuriuriPT said:

Well looks like i got lucky!  I installed the game after 6 years and the scrap location just appeared on the map! Just need to do The death Run trophys and 2/3 challenges that im missing.

Yeah i tried that when the game came to plus but with less luck.

Congrats

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s unobtainable for anybody who didn’t get the daily scrap challenge done before the server shutdown. 

I find it amusing that Monolith updates their Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor game to where the Vendetta trophy is obtainable offline. That’s not to mention Monolith removing their lootboxes for Middle Earth: Shadow of War years earlier after that huge backlash on social media regarding people paying for microtransactions in a AAA game. They went and removed them fairly quickly.

Yet Avalanche Studios literally breaks Mad Max with update 1.05 making some trophies unobtainable, then reverting that change with update 1.06, creating over 10+ GBs worth of patch files. 

Then the useless customer service reps all claimed everything would still be obtainable offline. Then the servers shut and people find out the daily scrap challenge is unobtainable. 

Avalanche Studios never bothered to fix the scavenging glitch. 

I had issues with both Just Cause 3 and Just Cause 4. Sounds like a company that doesn’t care all that much. 

• Like 3