Am I Unable to get the Platinum after server shutdown?

DecSim01

On 2021-07-11 at 7:12 PM, AJ_Radio said:

It’s unobtainable for anybody who didn’t get the daily scrap challenge done before the server shutdown. 

I find it amusing that Monolith updates their Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor game to where the Vendetta trophy is obtainable offline. That’s not to mention Monolith removing their lootboxes for Middle Earth: Shadow of War years earlier after that huge backlash on social media regarding people paying for microtransactions in a AAA game. They went and removed them fairly quickly.

Yet Avalanche Studios literally breaks Mad Max with update 1.05 making some trophies unobtainable, then reverting that change with update 1.06, creating over 10+ GBs worth of patch files. 

Then the useless customer service reps all claimed everything would still be obtainable offline. Then the servers shut and people find out the daily scrap challenge is unobtainable. 

Avalanche Studios never bothered to fix the scavenging glitch. 

I had issues with both Just Cause 3 and Just Cause 4. Sounds like a company that doesn’t care all that much. 

While I heavily enjoyed certain aspects of Mad Max, their (or their parent companies) decisions to leave certain aspects of the game completely broken left a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn't very awesome spending 50+ hours and constantly worrying that I was going to break an egg shell that I was walking on because their code was broken.

I'll gladly never purchase another Avalanche product, back when I played Just Cause 3 I didn't enjoy it very much and the installing after you've installed the game was a *major* annoyance.

On a mostly unrelated note: I'll never buy another NetherRealm game because of Injustice 2's bullshit inclusion of lootboxes in a paid game, with paid DLC, paid boosters & locking the platinum behind a purely RNG trophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

While I heavily enjoyed certain aspects of Mad Max, their (or their parent companies) decisions to leave certain aspects of the game completely broken left a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn't very awesome spending 50+ hours and constantly worrying that I was going to break an egg shell that I was walking on because their code was broken.

Both games were published by WB Games. It was Monolith however that listened to concerns and they made the necessary changes. Avalanche Studios in contrast basically ignored any and all concerns.

@HusKy himself posted a guide a few years back on how to downgrade to an earlier patch on Mad Max, since version 1.05 literally broke some trophies. I waited until version 1.06 came out and I made backup saves in case the glitch did affect me. I was lucky, I never got the glitch at all, but it’s a horrible shame for anyone who got hit by it, who can no longer get the platinum. The daily scrap challenge is unobtainable, as I said already. 

I'll gladly never purchase another Avalanche product, back when I played Just Cause 3 I didn't enjoy it very much and the installing after you've installed the game was a *major* annoyance.

Just Cause 3 as well as Just Cause 4 were published by Square Enix. A different publisher handled them, but Square is just as scummy as WB Games.

You probably had the same problem I did. Terrible framerate and constant stuttering. The PS4 Pro I heard helped ease the framerate. The Square Enix servers were terrible, so I ended up just playing the game offline after I earned the online trophies. 

Just Cause 4 is boring and monotonous. 

On a mostly unrelated note: I'll never buy another NetherRealm game because of Injustice 2's bullshit inclusion of lootboxes in a paid game, with paid DLC, paid boosters & locking the platinum behind a purely RNG trophy.

I think it’s the same with Mortal Kombat 11, also developed by NetherRealm. 

This sounds like the publisher pushing for lootboxes and paid boosters. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

There are still people earning the Up to the Task trophy. 

Did people just start playing many months after the servers shut in October last year, or is there something I’m missing?

Those players either got the online scrap challenges done pre-shutdown or they hacked the trophy, because there is no legitimate way to get it now the servers are gone.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

There are still people earning the Up to the Task trophy. 

Did people just start playing many months after the servers shut in October last year, or is there something I’m missing?

Up to the task had 144 or so tasks to complete with I think 2 tasks affected by the shutdown. So as long as they got those 2 done, they can finish the other 142 whenever and still earn the trophy. There's some that did earn their very first trophy after the shutdown, but I think you could still complete those 2 tasks without popping any trophies (obviously not after shutdown). Not entirely sure if that's all 100% accurate, but I think it could be possible. There's 2 trophies for driving distance and travelling on foot which wouldn't take long at all, so they'd have to only do what's required for those tasks. Someone would have to attempt it themselves and confirm if that is doable without popping the travelling trophies

Edited by Riiszk

9 hours ago, Riiszk said:

Up to the task had 144 or so tasks to complete with I think 2 tasks affected by the shutdown. So as long as they got those 2 done, they can finish the other 142 whenever and still earn the trophy. There's some that did earn their very first trophy after the shutdown, but I think you can still complete those 2 tasks without popping any trophies. Not entirely sure if that's all 100% accurate, but I think it could be possible. There's 2 trophies for driving distance and travelling on foot which wouldn't take long at all, so they'd have to only do what's required for those tasks. Someone would have to attempt it themselves and confirm if that is doable without popping the travelling trophies

No servers = no daily scrap allowance so those 2 challenges are now 100% uncompletable.

On 29/8/2021 at 4:58 AM, Riiszk said:

Up to the task had 144 or so tasks to complete with I think 2 tasks affected by the shutdown. So as long as they got those 2 done, they can finish the other 142 whenever and still earn the trophy. There's some that did earn their very first trophy after the shutdown, but I think you could still complete those 2 tasks without popping any trophies (obviously not after shutdown). Not entirely sure if that's all 100% accurate, but I think it could be possible. There's 2 trophies for driving distance and travelling on foot which wouldn't take long at all, so they'd have to only do what's required for those tasks. Someone would have to attempt it themselves and confirm if that is doable without popping the travelling trophies

Those two trophies are mandatory and naturally obtained while playing the game, those must be the first two trophies in anyone's Mad Max trophy set. There is no way you can get to any stronghold let alone collect all the parts needed to set the scrap collecting crew project without travelling either on a vehicle or on foot.

You can tell if someone obtained "Up to the Task" trophy legit or not by checking the timestamps of those two travel-related trophies.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

On 13/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

is there really a trophy linked to the rng of a lootbox?

Popped the Platinum today.

First trophy 10 April 2018 - when it came out as a PSplus freebie.

I did do a lot of the challenges and open world exploration/missions back then. Probably raked in about 50 to 60% of total trophy haul.

After reading this forum post though am glad that I put in the work back then since lately I've been on a mission and backtracking uncompleted games to platinum.

Edited by DeathWish_Ronin

On 8-9-2021 at 6:47 AM, DeathWish_Ronin said:

Popped the Platinum today.

First trophy 10 April 2018 - when it came out as a PSplus freebie.

I did do a lot of the challenges and open world exploration/missions back then. Probably raked in about 50 to 60% of total trophy haul.

After reading this forum post though am glad that I put in the work back then since lately I've been on a mission and backtracking uncompleted games to platinum.

I had the same here mate. I "platted" it back when it came out on psplus but i ended up leaving the deathraces and the challenges, but gotten very lucky that i did the online challenges back when i did the other stuff.

41 minutes ago, Mickeyminime said:

No trophy should be online and if it is, it shouldn't be allowed to be connected to Platinum. They should keep online and offline away from one another or allow another means to get it like they do in Mass Effect 3, reach level 50 online or complete the main game on elite difficulty.

Online trophies are just another aspect of trophy hunting. You need to accept that or just avoid any game that has online trophies. 

Yeah, it sucks when a game gets shut down with no way to get a platinum, but that's just life. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Online trophies are just another aspect of trophy hunting. You need to accept that or just avoid any game that has online trophies. 

Yeah, it sucks when a game gets shut down with no way to get a platinum, but that's just life. 

I agree but trophy hunters haven't stopped complaining about it in over a decade. They certainly won't stop now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/09/2021 at 10:20 AM, Mickeyminime said:

No trophy should be online and if it is, it shouldn't be allowed to be connected to Platinum. They should keep online and offline away from one another or allow another means to get it like they do in Mass Effect 3, reach level 50 online or complete the main game on elite difficulty.

DAAAAT!

It's always a pain in the arse when i open the trophy list of a game and see some online trophies. My dream of life is platinum all the GTA series, but it's impossible since GTA IV is completely dead! And the same for Tomb Rider trilogy or even The Last Of Us for PS3 (i mean, who was the genius that ok to put online trophies in The Last Of Us? WTF)! 

It's realy annoying that the industry doesn't hear their consumers these days, because the platinum club that makes their games be replayed and replayed for years and years after the releases. 

Edited by bannius213

• 3 months later...

I realized that I already had all the online requirements so I decided to go for the plat. But now I just experienced a glitch that made "Up to the Task" unobtainable meaning I have to create a new save that doesn't have the online challenges complete, making the plat unobtainable. Is there any way around this or am I forever screwed?

The glitch is question is that I am forever stuck at 189/191 scavenging locations even though I've completed them all

I was about to write that you have got all the online stuff done and than you will be able to get the Platinum Trophy in the end, but this one is more complicated.

I don't think you should start a new game, but try to search the map for areas you haven't been yet. I found this one in particular on a website I can't link here (comment section on this Trophy on PST.org)

hi i have achieved my mad max plat i started my game twice because my first playthrough was glitched at 190 scavenging locations in my second playthrough i played the game without patch mean 1.00 and this is what i did to get all 191 locations first just progress to the story and do build all strongholds and then collect all scavenging locations in my second playthrough i got stuck at 189 then what i did is i patched my game and a icon poped at gutgash territory at grit cannyons which i already collected when i got stuck at 189 then collect that after that you will be missing 1 location what i did for that is i returned to gutgash territory and play my first ever gutgash wasteland mission then that mission took me to jeets territory and at that location a icon appeared i was shocked
Edited by ConAir

That's why it's recommended to check your progress as you go and do the math comparison thing periodically as you scavenge each location to make sure it doesn't get messed up. What generally happens is you die a few seconds after looting the locations during the autosave which causes it not to be recorded as completed in the challenge screen. If your memory is excellent and you recall one in which you died shortly after looting, try driving back to it and see if it is there. As I recall there is one that you have to climb high up on the edge of a wing, and it is very easy to fall right after claiming it. You could watch a video in fast forward of all 227 scavenge locations to look for potential death hazards like a jump over a fire pit that you might have failed on and drive over to check them. Or systemically re-check all 227 locations.

If you have an older save files in other autosave slots you can try reverting to them and check the math on each one until you find one that isn't messed up. See this. Go to the challenge menu to see the amount of Scavenge locations Challenges Recorded (SCR) as completed, if you have completed more than 36 the challenge will be called "Reaper of the Harvest".  There was one challenge for 5, 13, 18, and then the last is 191. 5+13+18= 36 for the complete the first three challenges. Then look on the statistic page to get the Total Locations Scavenged (TLS), this number is always correct. SCR + 36 needs to equal TLS. If you find a save file in which the challenge amount recorded as completed +36 = the scavenged locations on the stats screen, then you can continue from there. You already have the "Looked Everywhere" trophy on your profile so it is very likely the glitch and not a matter of missing a location.

If you haven't been tiering your autosaves, then you are SOL if you can't find the random ones that didn't register by driving around.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1