Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Mine comes from the Spongebob SquarePants episode, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, where Spongebob gets ahold of Mermaid Man's secret utility belt, which has the ability to also shrink people and objects. During the episode, when Spongebob shows Patrick that he accidentally shrank Squidward and then shows him the belt, Patrick tries to resolve the problem by turning the M on the belt upside down to a W, which then follows into this conversation:

Patrick: Let me take a look at it. Hmmm. You know what the problem is?

SpongeBob: What?

Patrick: You got it set to 'M' for Mini when it should be set to 'W' for Wumbo.

SpongeBob: Patrick, I don't think Wumbo is a real word.

Patrick: Come on! You know... I wumbo, You wumbo, He she me...wumbo? Wumbo, wumboing, we'll have the wumbo, Wumborama... Wumbology, The study of wumbo? It's first grade, SpongeBob!

And that's where my PSN username comes from.

• Like 2

From Wikipedia : " A nebula (Latin for "cloud"nebulaenebulæ, or nebulas) is an interstellar cloud of dusthydrogenhelium and other ionized gases. Originally, nebula was a name for any diffuse astronomical object, including galaxies beyond the Milky Way. The Andromeda Galaxy, for instance, was once referred to as the Andromeda Nebula (and spiral galaxies in general as "spiral nebulae") before the true nature of galaxies was confirmed in the early 20th century by Vesto SlipherEdwin Hubble and others." 

(Free)Tek(no): Free teknofreetekno, is the name given to the music predominantly played at free parties in Europe. The spelling of the word tekno is made to deliberately differentiate the musical style from that of techno. The music is fast, normally 170 to 200bpm and characterised by a pounding repetitive kick drum.

• Like 1

This is a very interesting topic and thank you to the OP for thinking of it.

My gaming name is always electoblaze and I'm very attached to it. I use electoblaze in nearly every gaming community I've ever joined. Sometimes, if I join a new gaming community and electoblaze is already taken, I usually just delete my account. Electoblaze is a sacred name to me.

I've had it since I started gaming. As sad as it sounds, I first thought of it when making a runescape account as an 11 year old. (I'm 22 now.) If you guys are familiar with the basic lore, Runescape had three gods: Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamorak. Furthermore, years ago, runescape published humorous videos showing the comedic interactions with the three gods, which I loved to watch. I can't remember exacly but I believe Saradomin and Guthix could both use lightning while Zamorak was clearly a fire-wielder. So I thought of the name "electroblaze" to signify the powers of lightning and fire. Well, that was taken. So I settled for one less letter. And thus, ELECTOBLAZE was born!

And yes, you were probably reading it wrong from the start. It's pronounced "E-LECT-O-BLAZE." (There is no invisible "r" there.)

Half-H3ro was an amalgamation of my two favourite games at the time, Half-Life and Guitar Hero (3).

alt-James has two reasons.

a- because it was my vita account and alternate account before H3ro got hacked ( :( )

b- because I like the band alt-J

Edited by alt-James
  • Like 1

i like this topic...mine started back in grade school...my first name is paul but ended up in a class with 4 other pauls so we all got nicknames...i inherited bambam and later bam cuz i was known as being strong for my size (i.e. the kind of kid you wouldn't want to mess with...haha) and it kind of resembles my last name...it's a nickname that stuck throughout my life...some people think bam is my real name and are shocked to learn that it's actually paul...i created the ID when hotmail first came out as a teen...i liked the word professional as having class and being professional have always been up there on my list of things to strive for in life...seemed like too long a word to type every time i would need to log in so i shortened it to prof...as an adult i did 9 years of teaching kindergarten so prof then took on a suitable double meaning...i always wore the number 55 in hockey as sort of a lucky number so added it at the end as it was common practice to add numbers to the end of email accounts at the time...when it came time to create a psn id i didn't even hesitate, i just took out the @hotmail.com...

Mine is kinda complicated so lets just say that "Excalibur" and every single one of its variation are definitely taken so I have to go with something similar but not many people know about (Its definitely not a human's name, much less my name, like most assumed)

Edited by ClarentBArthur