Gran Turismo 7 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

42 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Very interested to know if the license tests are difficult or not, would be a huge shame if they were dumbed down

They're... ok, lol. The National and International licenses weren't too bad. The International A license got a bit tricky towards the end, but nothing a little practice can't help with, as usual. The Super License, however, can shove it. The margin for error is very small with those and since they're full laps of tracks, they're quite a bit longer. That license is arguably the hardest part of the trophy list. 

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Velvet said:

They're... ok, lol. The National and International licenses weren't too bad. The International A license got a bit tricky towards the end, but nothing a little practice can't help with, as usual. The Super License, however, can shove it. The margin for error is very small with those and since they're full laps of tracks, they're quite a bit longer. That license is arguably the hardest part of the trophy list. 

Alright mate, Not sure if you've already answered but did you play with wheel or DS?

6 minutes ago, LessThanLeo said:

Alright mate, Not sure if you've already answered but did you play with wheel or DS?

I wish I had the wheel lol, but used the DS, analog stick settings (please don't use the button settings for accelerating, you will do yourself no favors). I should clarify on the license one as I just told a friend about it as well, it's mostly the F1 cars. It's the bane of my racing game experience. Others may very well smash the gold times with no trouble if they're used to those cars. 

Additional tidbit since you mentioned the controller, lol, if you're playing on PS5 and using the DS... ooh lovelies enjoy those haptics. It adds to the overall experience in a really good way. 

• Like 2

I've got gold in the first licence (10 tests per licence). The gold times are pretty unforgiving and require near perfection but they are short. With practice it becomes easier. The restart load times are amazing, the only thing that keeps you waiting is the 3..2..1 countdown. You even get a ghost car once you set a time. This is a great visual marker to restart should you fall behind.

So far after a few hours with the game my first thoughts are that the licenses could be the hardest trophy in the game

Edited by AxillarySloth53
spelling mistakes
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KirekkusuPT said:

Since the game is always online to keep progress, can you carry over progress / trophies between PS5 and PS4 (and vice versa)?

Oh man this would be awesome to primarily play on PS5 first instead of having to just play on PS4 like so many games.

31 minutes ago, KirekkusuPT said:

Since the game is always online to keep progress, can you carry over progress / trophies between PS5 and PS4 (and vice versa)?

Yes but they need to fix it. All trophies pop once you trigger them except main campaign trophies. Once they fix it you can carry progress conpletely between any console

54 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

Yes but they need to fix it. All trophies pop once you trigger them except main campaign trophies. Once they fix it you can carry progress conpletely between any console

Could I ask you to clarify a bit, if you will? I got the 25th anniversary version for PS5 with PS4 version included so I thought I’d do both. Obviously PS5 is superior but because of the trophy situation I was thinking I’d begin with PS4. Could I go a different route?

20 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Very interested to know if the license tests are difficult or not, would be a huge shame if they were dumbed down

Just my own two cents on this.

I've only completed and got gold on the B and A licenses, not started the International A, B or Super but I can confirm that some are a tad bit tricky and took me a few attempts to get Gold due to little margin for error. I also play with most assists turned off (due to personal preference) which can make the car handle slightly differently and in some cases be a bit quicker. 

Ive platted GT5 and GT6 so i'm pretty confident il be able to get Gold on these. Ive been saving my replays along the way (incase anyone needs help as the game is so new) but one thing that does help is there is a demonstration mode for how to get Gold on the events and you can turn the ghost on for this. This is extremelly helpful to get an idea on where to break, entry point into corners and when to accelerate out of a corner. As long as you stick to the ghost or beat it, you should get Gold as I assume this was done by the developers as some tests they comfortably beat the Gold time.

This is the first GT game I've ever bought, all the pre release hype has got me excited 

Looking at the trophy list it seems easy, if not time consuming, aside from the gold medal all licenses which people seem to still be debating the difficulty of in here 

Is there anything trophywise or gameplay wise people think I should know or keep my eyes open for an a newcomer, The GT cafe menus seem to be designed in a way that it'll hold my hand and walk me through the basics from what I've seen so far anyway 

So yesterday evening i did gold on the first license. From my point of view it's way to easy for a GT Game. I did them all gold on the first or second try. I have to say i'm really experienced in racing games. But it's not  challenging enough at the moment. Hopefully the other Linceses will get harder.

Edited by ellileon

3 hours ago, OverHypedG said:

Is this forced or can we choose to not carry over our progress? Anybody know?

I would like to play both Versions but seperatly one after another. I just like to start from scratch. It would suck if it just completely carries over automatically :/

3 hours ago, DT-LiGHTninG said:

Just my own two cents on this.

I've only completed and got gold on the B and A licenses, not started the International A, B or Super but I can confirm that some are a tad bit tricky and took me a few attempts to get Gold due to little margin for error. I also play with most assists turned off (due to personal preference) which can make the car handle slightly differently and in some cases be a bit quicker. 

Ive platted GT5 and GT6 so i'm pretty confident il be able to get Gold on these. Ive been saving my replays along the way (incase anyone needs help as the game is so new) but one thing that does help is there is a demonstration mode for how to get Gold on the events and you can turn the ghost on for this. This is extremelly helpful to get an idea on where to break, entry point into corners and when to accelerate out of a corner. As long as you stick to the ghost or beat it, you should get Gold as I assume this was done by the developers as some tests they comfortably beat the Gold time.

Would you say the licenses are GT5 or GT6 level? GT5, and prior GT games, were crazy hard, GT6 tests were fairly easy.

4 hours ago, schlafhund said:

Could I ask you to clarify a bit, if you will? I got the 25th anniversary version for PS5 with PS4 version included so I thought I’d do both. Obviously PS5 is superior but because of the trophy situation I was thinking I’d begin with PS4. Could I go a different route?

for example if you on PS5 version do all mileage trophies and 10 wins, when you go to ps4 version it automatically recognises your profile. You only need to do one race to pop that 10 wins trophy.

Same goes for all other trophies....if you already have 100 cars you just need to buy one more car....WHAT DOESNT WORK YET IS:

Rain Licence trophy is glitched

Camapign trophies cannot be triggered - this they need to fix. All trophies you can trigger once again no matter the platform except those three from main camapign. There is no way now to trigger them or no way to restart or redo campaign within the game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

for example if you on PS5 version do all mileage trophies and 10 wins, when you go to ps4 version it automatically recognises your profile. You only need to do one race to pop that 10 wins trophy.

Same goes for all other trophies....if you already have 100 cars you just need to buy one more car....WHAT DOESNT WORK YET IS:

Rain Licence trophy is glitched

Camapign trophies cannot be triggered - this they need to fix. All trophies you can trigger once again no matter the platform except those three from main camapign. There is no way now to trigger them or no way to restart or redo campaign within the game.

Thank you for the insight. Was wondering how it would work, since I got the 25th Anniversary Edition physical copy and starting out on PS4 (since I don't have a PS5 for now).

• Like 1

Stupid, because there is like 4 for ps4 or 5 seperate trophy lists (including one ps5) now for the same game. Does that mean 8 different stacks? Just why? ? Huh. ? 

The game trophy list is as challanging as usually in the Gran Turismo series. Couple of them are, well, easy to get and so much grind on the rest of them.

Drove the length of Route 66 (U.S.): 2451 miles (3945 km). No. ?

Driving with other players online, you matched the distance covered by the entire German Autobahn network: 13,191 km (8197 miles). Just no. ?

Anyways might try to play this game in the future just for fun not for the miserable grinding platinum. ?

This isn't super related to trophies, but it does kinda tie in. Figure I'll ask here instead of making a new thread. How challenging is this game? I love a good racing game, but it's rare I play one, and I've NEVER played GT. How difficult is it to pick up since it's labeled a serious racing sim? I'm all for learning... just kinda curious how steep the learning curve actually is.