Trophy and game thoughts?

Damn, this game is finally almost here! Been looking forward to this, I’m a big fan of the first game.

What do we think about the trophies? From the looks of it, it seems similar to the first game. Two main endings and a few NPC questlines seem like the missables this time around as well.

The 1st one was awesome looking forward to this!

Have to add why doesn't playstation have this up for a pre-order?  It come out tomorrow and it still says coming soon.  This is where playstation fails to support a indie developer again it seems.  This game may very well contend for a indie game of the year yet  you can't even see what the price will be hours before it releases.

Edited by steel6burgh

Been looking forward to this one for a long while now! ?

List seems fairly standard, which is a good thing I think - Soulslikes rarely benefit from esoteric lists - they tend to work best with a fairly standard one, and let the game do the talking, so to speak.

• Like 4

Just now, damcrac5 said:

I actually asked the developer about not being able to pre-order.  He said they had missed a deadline to request/set-up a pre-order.  However, the game is going to be $20 US.  Confirmed via twitter and Fextralife.  Looking forward to this one!

oh wow.  well i'll buy this day 1 for $20.00.  I have no problem supporting this developer at that price.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Been looking forward to this one for a long while now! 1f601.png

List seems fairly standard, which is a good thing I think - Soulslikes rarely benefit from esoteric lists - they tend to work best with a fairly standard one, and let the game do the talking, so to speak.

I completely agree, although I did love all the trophies you got by killing bosses in different ways in “Sinner: Sacrifice and Redemption.” 
I would like to see more of those types of trophies in Souls-like games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I completely agree, although I did love all the trophies you got by killing bosses in different ways in “Sinner: Sacrifice and Redemption.” 
I would like to see more of those types of trophies in Souls-like games. 

Hmmm - not familiar with that one - I need to do some research! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Bought the Vita version, NA version, EU version and the physical version from limited run games from the original.

Letssss goooo finally a good game coming out :D 

I've done all three plats, but the prices on those limited run versions... ouch!  Maybe cave for one of em eventually, but for both the ps4 and vita copies would run $240...

41 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

So does this have multiplayer Trophies? There´s this strange worded one:

"The Nomad - Help a fellow Inquisitor reach their full potential."

Playing the full Game with someone else just for them to reach max LVL, would be a huge turn off for me.

It's either that, or completing an NPC storyline that involves a "fellow Inquisitor".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Allhelluja said:

It's either that, or completing an NPC storyline that involves a "fellow Inquisitor".

I feel like it would be a huge ask to play the entire game with another person. Also, I feel like the trophy requirements involving that would be difficult to design?

idk, that would really bug me if indeed you have to do that.

The Nomad trophy is single player; you’ll run into a fellow Inquisitor a few times throughout the game (once per area.) Help him out, and when you deal with him the last time, the trophy unlocks..

On 5/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, EightBitArtist said:

does this game have fall damage like the first one? that totally ruined the first game for me.

Yes it does, and it has significantly more platforming than the original, especially in the last couple of areas. I think I’ve seen the death screen from fall damage more than I have the bosses.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ashande said:

Yes it does, and it has significantly more platforming than the original, especially in the last couple of areas. I think I’ve seen the death screen from fall damage more than I have the bosses.

thank you for the reply. awful decisions made by the devs. i will be skipping this game completely because of that.

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

thank you for the reply. awful decisions made by the devs. i will be skipping this game completely because of that.

I enjoy the games, but come to think of it, it is a weird design choice isn't it. I mean they perhaps trying a bit too hard to be like a Soulsbornering, but in terms of fall damage, just doesn't quite work in 2D games does it.

It works in Souls because you can still actually gauge the height due to it being 3D can't you, but you can't see the height in a 2D game. I can't actually think of any other 2D games where there was fall damage....Prince of Persia 16-bit maybe XD.

It didn't ruin the 1st anyway so hopefully you decide to give it a chance somewhere down the line.

On 5/14/2022 at 0:41 AM, Optinooby said:

I enjoy the games, but come to think of it, it is a weird design choice isn't it. I mean they perhaps trying a bit too hard to be like a Soulsbornering, but in terms of fall damage, just doesn't quite work in 2D games does it.

It works in Souls because you can still actually gauge the height due to it being 3D can't you, but you can't see the height in a 2D game. I can't actually think of any other 2D games where there was fall damage....Prince of Persia 16-bit maybe XD.

It didn't ruin the 1st anyway so hopefully you decide to give it a chance somewhere down the line.

the thing that really irritated me in the first 1 was there would be a ledge with an enemy right beside it so you can make the jump and have to fight a guy on this small platform and you'd either roll off trying to dodge or get hit off the edge, then fall to your death. that game design just doesnt work in a 2d soulslike. have fall damage if theres no platforming or have platforming with no fall damage. not both with this type of game.

i bought the first playing it was a chore. i came back it to months later to give it a second try and the feeling persisted so unless this comes free to plus, theres 0 chance ill pay money for it and even then, i might just add it to my library and then never play like ive done with countless other plus games lol.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 14-05-2022 at 0:41 AM, Optinooby said:

hey Optinoob are you making a platinum run for this game?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BloddyNocturne said:

hey Optinoob are you making a platinum run for this game?

Hey mate, I will be yea, but it's in the backlog atm with about 5 or 6 other guides.

Right now I'm working on RE4 Pro mode and Chrono Cross, then perhaps S&S2 will be after that

• Like 2