Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Loved the demo. The Junon boss felt a lot harder than a good amount of FF7 Remake's bosses. Maybe it's a combination of me not knowing what the hell I was doing (very likely) as well as us being under levelled when encountering that boss, as well as underdeveloped materia... just my own findings.

I'm about to platinum FF7 Remake though, only have to finish Chapter 18. It's been quite fun. I feel like I'm ready for the despair that Rebirth will give us. I pray that we get a lot of Vincent screen time. And possibly a Dirge of Cerberus remake some day.

I thought that the Junon area had a definite hike in difficulty compared to Remake as well. For the boss, I eventually had to reduce the difficulty to easy because I just couldn't beat it. I don't know whether this is because I'm super rusty, I'm finding multitasking the additional mechanics hard, or simply due to it being a demo, I haven't levelled up enough from previous gameplay. I'm hoping it is the latter, otherwise I'm going to struggle.  

Powerpyx guide is out.  It's a doozy!  7.5/10 estimate.  Minigame overload, just as suspected.  Piano requires A ranks for the first 6 songs.  Minigames need the highest scores for the 7 star Hotel trophy, except piano thankfully.  The VR Sims are more difficult than Remakes VR's.  Hopefully the minigames end up not being as bad as Remakes and Crisis Cores for me this time.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-rebirth-trophy-guide-roadmap/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I 100% disagree with you there

Same. Not that it’s a bad system but for me it wasn’t that good either. I think the game would be so much better with a full turn based combat system. Something like in the new Yakuza games.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Baker said:

Same. Not that it’s a bad system but for me it wasn’t that good either. I think the game would be so much better with a full turn based combat system. Something like in the new Yakuza games.

Yeah unfortunately the crowd that wants action and things going boom out number us. Just another series I'll abandon.

4 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

It's not even arguable, it's just a fact

Yeah a fact it's a button mashing hell. Yes I know there are combos, which require timing. But if I wanted that I'd play Tekken.

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I 100% agree with you there

I 101% disagree with you! Nah seriously I know I'm outnumbered. Games aim for the biggest slice of the pie. Unfortunately it leaves us that have been with the series since day one, a game that isn't even Final Fantasy anymore.

Edited by RedDevil757
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Yeah a fact it's a button mashing hell. Yes I know there are combos, which require timing. But if I wanted that I'd play Tekken.

I 101% disagree with you! Nah seriously I know I'm outnumbered. Games aim for the biggest slice of the pie. Unfortunately it leaves us that have been with the series since day one, a game that isn't even Final Fantasy anymore.

Button mashing, but combos. Way to immediately contradict yourself. Also this is Final Fantasy, it's on the cover. You have NO say in what is and isn't FF, SE does

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

Button mashing, but combos. Way to immediately contradict yourself. Also this is Final Fantasy, it's on the cover. You have NO say in what is and isn't FF, SE does

I triggered someone 😆 I’m not arguing. I don’t like it. It’s not final fantasy anymore. You do and that’s cool. Go enjoy the game.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I triggered someone 😆 I’m not arguing. I don’t like it. It’s not final fantasy anymore. You do and that’s cool. Go enjoy the game.

What you like or dislike is irrelevant to what something is or isn't. Dismissed

the gameplay in the FF7 Remake series is brilliant and one of the only examples of higher difficulties done right, in other games, harder difficulties are just increased numbers for health/damage, in these games, Hard mode is a completely different game, you are forced to take advantage of all gameplay mechanics and play the game the way the developers envisioned instead of having to just preview those mechanics on Normal

Why aren't the graphics modes being discussed here? Are people not using OLED TVs or something? The quality mode becomes necessary since the performance mode is a blurry mess. But with the absence of even a slight motion blur, playing this game on OLED is literally giving me headaches since I basically see a double image of everything as I pan. Very disappointing.

Edited by BloodyRutz