Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

On 2/7/2024 at 1:03 AM, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I really hope the piano minigame only requires A or better, from what I've calculated you basically have to get a perfect for the "star" rank.  Oof this seems less annoying than that ice cream mini game in BBS though. 

Looking forward to leap day!

The trophy description makes it sound like it requires a high rank, but not the highest.  We'll see I guess.  There are people who got a perfect in the demo and that was the only way to get the star rank.  Fingers crossed its at most an A rank, but I'd be happy if it was only a B rank, for all 6 songs because I'm trash at rhythm minigames so if it requires perfection I'm SOL for that trophy.

EDIT: To add to this, remuneration means to be rewarded or paid for something, so as long as you can get rewards for A or B ranks for each song I'd imagine that would count towards the trophy.  Hopefully that's the case, and it's not all 6 star ranks.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

I played the demo twice lol. Once on Easy and again on Normal. Beat it on both. Graphics are BEAUTIFUL and game is super fun.

It's weird how I always do better the second time (well better at times and worse at other times lol).

This might truly be Final Fantasy and Square's BEST CHANCE at GOTY. Obviously only time will tell. Can't wait for the demo to be updated with Junon. 😍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

It's weird how I always do better the second time

Because the second time you already know what you're doing, what to expect and you have that muscle memory. This is why I've always been against guides that tell you to play a game on it's hardest difficulty first (if there's a trophy that requires it). I prefer to play a game on Easy or Normal first THEN doing it again on the hardest difficulty (even better if there's a NG+) that way I have the muscle memory and it's not as much of a chore. Plus, at least then, if I'm failing I'm more willing to blame myself instead of the game lol.

As for the demo...nice to hear it's so good, but I haven't played it yet. Haven't even played the first part yet...decided to instead actually play the PS4 version of the original as I never have before, been enjoying it so far...so I'll actually get to Remake and Rebirth at some point. 

Edited by Viper

The fact that there is only the option of Easy and Normal in the demo suggests that Hard mode won't be available until after an initial playthrough, much like Remake. I'm actually quite glad of this, as I wouldn't want to play Hard mode on a first try, as it would ruin my enjoyment of the game. Remake is my 3rd favourite video game of all time, and i can see  Rebirth surpassing that. I really don't want to sour the experience by attempting Hard mode first. Or will it be called 'Dynamic' mode now?

I tried playing The Witcher 3 on Death March on my first playthough because a guide said it was recommended and that it wasn't that hard, but I ended up hating the game for the first ten hours or so due to this. In hindsight, it's actually a good thing that I accidentally locked myself into a section of the game that I couldn't leave (to do levelling up, side missions, etc), because when I got stuck, I had no choice but to lower the difficulty. I went to the easiest difficulty and started enjoying the game for the first time. I then replayed NG+ on Death March and throughly enjoyed it. It's now one of my favourite games. That would never have happened if I had tried to stick with Hard mode on my first attempt.

2 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

It's refreshing to see so many positive reactions on here, I was getting pretty tired of all the negativity on reddit. Personally, I loved every second of the demo, and I can't wait to get my hands on the full game (and the Collector's Edition).

When has Reddit ever been positive about anything? 😆

Jealous of that Collector's Edition, couldn't justify the funds and space for it myself 😭

• Like 2

I noticed alot of negativity about the demo on reddit too. Good thing I don't take anything serious from Reddit & X it's majority bad takes. I've excited about the game I can't wait to play it and have the collector's edition coming home too.

• Like 3

The demo was amazing. I'm looking forward to the Junon demo update and full game when it comes out at the end of this month.

The things I don't like about the demo is the performance mode resolution and padding (forced to walk/move extremely slow in certain sections and directions).

The performance mode is disappointing in how blurry the resolution is (came off games such as God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West etc. to compare).

I believe the FFXVI demo had the same fate too. 

The padding is going to be a real slog when doing a second playthrough on hard, so hopefully those sections are skippable. 

Anyway hopefully Square Enix fixes these issues when the game comes out. 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:09 AM, Optinooby said:

I wonder what you get if you get all the Protorelics as he said there is some reward.....

hopefully some OP item we can use in hard mode!! Though no doubt some protorelics can only be acquired in hard

The only thing I can say is that the protorelics don't offer any accessory, materia or other item.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:32 AM, poker_1987 said:

Does the demo data import in to full game? How do I do it?

Don't fancy doing most of tge flashback again. It was a slog in the original game too

From what I've read if you did that part in the demo you have the option to skip it in the full game, although I'm not sure if that will have any affect on trophies. 

On 2/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, squaresoft4ever7 said:

From what I've read if you did that part in the demo you have the option to skip it in the full game, although I'm not sure if that will have any affect on trophies. 

It's most like how they did it with FFXVI.  The demo part didn't have any trophies tied to it and the first story trophy would pop shortly after where the demo ended, so they let you skip the stuff you already did in the demo.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

I was watching a video by MrHappy1227, who was showing off some of the game - Square-Enix gave him an advance review copy of the game to play with, as they usually do with content creators of their work. (This guy mostly plays FFXIV, but has also played most of Granblue Fantasy: Relink.)

And I saw him pop a trophy, a bronze one called Caching In, which I assume is earning for getting all the caches in the game.

Here's the video so you can check it out yourself.

All in all, I will probably buy this game later this year for my secondary account since I'm going to play Remake on that account later. ;)

On 2/9/2024 at 1:24 PM, Vitallani said:

I expect any negativity is coming from people who didn't like Remake. I would be surprised if any fans of Remake are making criticisms of what we've seen of Rebirth. 

I truly did not like Remake, but I am still hoping that this one is much better. I was never concerned with the gameplay. It's the melodramatic narrative and the typical Square formula of storytelling that assumes complexity = quality. I didn't need the gameplay of the original, but I did love the pacing and relative simplicity of the story. Remake attempted to waterboard the simple story with nonsensical gibberish, and it really turned me off from the game.

I hope that this second game doesn't put as much focus on attempting depth via unnecessary convolution, but we'll see.

32 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

I truly did not like Remake, but I am still hoping that this one is much better. I was never concerned with the gameplay. It's the melodramatic narrative and the typical Square formula of storytelling that assumes complexity = quality. I didn't need the gameplay of the original, but I did love the pacing and relative simplicity of the story. Remake attempted to waterboard the simple story with nonsensical gibberish, and it really turned me off from the game.

I hope that this second game doesn't put as much focus on attempting depth via unnecessary convolution, but we'll see.

I don't think you're gonna like Rebirth if you didn't like Remake.

I’d never played a Final Fantasy game prior to Remake, which I got and played to see what this was all about. I loved it! 

Since then I’ve picked up all the new releases - Stranger of Paradise, Crisis Core remaster and FFXVI which I’ve only recently started. (I also have FFXV through PS Plus but not played that yet). 

I’m very much looking forward to this game but don’t want to play the demo - would rather keep the game fresh. I’m also going to be waiting for it to get a bit cheaper as don’t really buy new games these days, but not sure how long I’ll be able to hold off before I just get it anyway…!!

• Like 1