Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

19 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Why aren't the graphics modes being discussed here? Are people not using OLED TVs or something? The quality mode becomes necessary since the performance mode is a blurry mess. But with the absence of even a slight motion blur, playing this game on OLED is literally giving me headaches since I basically see a double image of everything as I pan. Very disappointing.

I play on my LG G3 77" OLED and I agree, performance mode looks terrible since its so blurry. While the 60fps is nice, it really started to hurt my eyes as I found myself starting to squint. Reverted back to graphics mode and honestly I've adapted to 30 fps already. The game just looks so much better for me.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:56 PM, BloodyRutz said:

Why aren't the graphics modes being discussed here? Are people not using OLED TVs or something? The quality mode becomes necessary since the performance mode is a blurry mess. But with the absence of even a slight motion blur, playing this game on OLED is literally giving me headaches since I basically see a double image of everything as I pan. Very disappointing.

I'm getting on well with graphics mode on my OLED luckily.  I thought my eyes would never like it at all after 4 years of 60 up to 120 this gen but imo anyone can get used to the 30fps again if you look at it long enough and it's worth becaise the game is 4x better looking, it's quite dramatic.  All that being said, I disagree with the wordage used by some "blurry mess".  I don't go that far, it's still a beautifully designed game and to its credit does manage 60fps the majority of the time which can not be said of FF16.  It does lose a lot of clarity though, but isn't a mess by any stretch.  Many will be playing it this way to get 60, and it plays very decent.  Roll on PS5 Pro is all I'll say.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 9:54 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I play on my LG G3 77" OLED and I agree, performance mode looks terrible since its so blurry. While the 60fps is nice, it really started to hurt my eyes as I found myself starting to squint. Reverted back to graphics mode and honestly I've adapted to 30 fps already. The game just looks so much better for me.

On 3/3/2024 at 4:31 AM, Virtua_Vince said:

I'm getting on well with graphics mode on my OLED luckily.  I thought my eyes would never like it at all after 4 years of 60 up to 120 this gen but imo anyone can get used to the 30fps again if you look at it long enough and it's worth becaise the game is 4x better looking, it's quite dramatic.  All that being said, I disagree with the wordage used by some "blurry mess".  I don't go that far, it's still a beautifully designed game and to its credit does manage 60fps the majority of the time which can not be said of FF16.  It does lose a lot of clarity though, but isn't a mess by any stretch.  Many will be playing it this way to get 60, and it plays very decent.  Roll on PS5 Pro is all I'll say.

Thanks for all the replies. Apparently, there will be another update soon, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:57 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Now you're just talking nonsense. Go enjoy your game

Facts aren't nonsense. You said this wasn't FF and yet it's there in the title, published and developed by the rights holder. For a franchise with change as the only real constant you'd figure people would get that

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 2:11 PM, FireMage777 said:

Facts aren't nonsense. You said this wasn't FF and yet it's there in the title, published and developed by the rights holder. For a franchise with change as the only real constant you'd figure people would get that

You're reading far far to much into what I said. Final fantasy has changed so much that I no longer recognise it. It's no longer the same series to me. It's not aiming at me. It's aiming at a bigger more casual crowd.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

You're reading far far to much into what I said. Final fantasy has changed so much that I no longer recognise it. It's no longer the same series to me. It's not aiming at me. It's aiming at a bigger more casual crowd.

Final Fantasy has always been about change and breaking new ground. If you want a static game franchise, go play Dragon Quest. They never change at all. 

• Like 3

I'm really annoyed by the amount of padding in this game. For the last 3 hours it's been nothing but minigames and fetch quests with no end in sight. This stuff should be optional for 100% and not a part of the main story.

Edited by Sn1per666999
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Final Fantasy has always been about change and breaking new ground. If you want a static game franchise, go play Dragon Quest. They never change at all. 

It's the change to combat I hate. It doesn't feel like final fantasy to me. What the hell is the problem with me saying that? I'm not saying your wrong. I'm not saying it's crap. It was an opinion. My opinion, as a long time player of the series. I'm sick of having to defend myself on here. Just play the game and enjoy it ffs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

It's the change to combat I hate. It doesn't feel like final fantasy to me. What the hell is the problem with me saying that? I'm not saying your wrong. I'm not saying it's crap. It was an opinion. My opinion, as a long time player of the series. I'm sick of having to defend myself on here. Just play the game and enjoy it ffs.

Well did you play 13, 13-2, XIII: Lightning Returns, and 15? 16 and 7 Rebirth definitely feel like they're not that far off from those. You could probably also consider 12 the very early stages of them adding more action to their combat system with the gambit system. And the games that came before 12 was the first mmo(11), 10, and 10-2 but that's going back 23 years. Remake and Rebirth do not play the same as 1-9 certainly, but you were very limited in hardware to be able to pull proper open worlds on consoles off.  Crisis Core was another one that still went more into the action path from minigames, side quests to the combat system.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

32 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Well did you play 13, 13-2, XIII: Lightning Returns, and 15? 16 and 7 Rebirth definitely feel like they're not that far off from those. You could probably also consider 12 the very early stages of them adding more action to their combat system with the gambit system. And the games that came before 12 was the first mmo(11), 10, and 10-2 but that's going back 23 years. Remake and Rebirth do not play the same as 1-9 certainly, but you were very limited in hardware to be able to pull proper open worlds on consoles off.  Crisis Core was another one that still went more into the action path from minigames, side quests to the combat system.

I own all 3 of the 13 trilogy but bounced off the first one very quickly due to its hand holding. I do intend to go back and give it another go at some point though.

I hated 15. Didn't like the combat in 7remake. The DMC combat of 16 was why I skipped that one.

10,11 and 14 are amazing though. 14 is the best in the series.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I own all 3 of the 13 trilogy but bounced off the first one very quickly due to its hand holding. I do intend to go back and give it another go at some point though.

I hated 15. Didn't like the combat in 7remake. The DMC combat of 16 was why I skipped that one.

10,11 and 14 are amazing though. 14 is the best in the series.

11 and 14 are multiplayer/live service games though, they're not single player games and the combat there only really works as a multiplayer game. But if you missed playing the 13 trilogy that was pretty much what single player Final Fantasy was for almost a decade until 15 came out.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

11 and 14 are multiplayer/live service games though, they're not single player games and the combat there only really works as a multiplayer game.

I'm playing 12 right now, and it looks really similar to 14. I never played the original version, so I don't know if it's something added just for the Zodiac Age, but it really reminds me of 14. I mean, you choose your target, you choose the attack and wait until the bar fills up so the character can strike, just like in 14. Heck, even the floating dot lines that mark the next sections of the map are there too. And I have to say, despite being early on in the game, I'm not very fond of the combat system, I also think it's something that only works in 14 (especially because 14 is much more fast paced).

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

I'm playing 12 right now, and it looks really similar to 14. I never played the original version, so I don't know if it's something added just for the Zodiac Age, but it really reminds me of 14. I mean, you choose your target, you choose the attack and wait until the bar fills up so the character can strike, just like in 14. Heck, even the floating dot lines that mark the next sections of the map are there too. And I have to say, despite being early on in the game, I'm not very fond of the combat system, I also think it's something that only works in 14 (especially because 14 is much more fast paced).

There's a few differences between 12 and Zodiac Age. 12 had the license board which made leveling up and picking skills more of a chore because you had all these choices but didn't know what to pick to suit your character. But by end game your party's stats looked pretty homogenous because certain abilities just were better than the others. The job board in Zodiac Age allow everyone to stay in somewhat different roles. The second thing is the original release was slow, boss battles could take a very long time by the end of the game and the post game bosses were just massive time sinks due to their inflated HP values like Yiazmat. Zodiac Age has the speed up function which cuts down time for these battles and overall makes fighting way more quicker. The main difference between something like 12 and Rebirth is that regular attacks can be used at will, they have kept that special attacks still need the bars to be filled up before they can be used. This is also balanced out with how staggering works and regular attacks cannot just be used to entirely fight enemies(this was something that the original FF7 game allowed since by the end you were pretty overpowered). There's less waiting around or downtime in Rebirth's battles compared to the older games because it requires the player to be more involved. It's still the same concept that earlier games established but with greater emphasis on player involvement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I agree with you im not a fan with the button mashing system in the new FF games still love the games but thats the part thats missing for me.

ADVICE NEEDED. Please 

So.. I have played VII remake and I did enjoy that but I didn’t get the platinum. I know this is NOT the same game but.. Tales Of Arise is one of my all time favourite games. Platinum achieved for the PS5 and it’s in my backlog to also platinum the PS4 version when I have nothing to play. Having said that I don’t have much experience in this genre of games. 

I'm intrigued by the new game and was wondering, why would you recommend this to me. Why should I give it a go? And what’s your go to reasoning for loving this game and franchise so much? 

Basically I’m on the fence to buy it, and id love to hear some persuasive comments :) 

22 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

ADVICE NEEDED. Please 

So.. I have played VII remake and I did enjoy that but I didn’t get the platinum. I know this is NOT the same game but.. Tales Of Arise is one of my all time favourite games. Platinum achieved for the PS5 and it’s in my backlog to also platinum the PS4 version when I have nothing to play. Having said that I don’t have much experience in this genre of games. 

I'm intrigued by the new game and was wondering, why would you recommend this to me. Why should I give it a go? And what’s your go to reasoning for loving this game and franchise so much? 

Basically I’m on the fence to buy it, and id love to hear some persuasive comments :) 

You'll probably like the game, but you will not have fun going for the plat. 

15 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You'll probably like the game, but you will not have fun going for the plat. 

I won’t be going for the platinum. 
Tales Of Arise was a happy accident, I was so close to it upon finishing the game I thought why not dedicate a few more hours into it so I can unlock the platinum. Definitely felt proud to get that and really enjoyed it. 

i just don’t want to waste that much money on a game if I don’t enjoy it. I’m watching some reviews and gameplays but still undecided.

30 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

Tales Of Arise was a happy accident, I was so close to it upon finishing the game I thought why not dedicate a few more hours into it so I can unlock the platinum. Definitely felt proud to get that and really enjoyed it. 

i just don’t want to waste that much money on a game if I don’t enjoy it. I’m watching some reviews and gameplays but still undecided.

If you’re not going for the platinum, you should buy it. It’s awesome. All the filler up stuff is a bit too much imo but you can skip it then. And this is coming from someone who also didn’t really like FF7 Remake.

1 hour ago, FocusDR said:

If you liked Remake then you will in all likely hood, enjoy this. By the sounds of it, you're not in any rush to play it, so you might as well just wait for when it goes on sale.

Do you need to win every queens blood game to get the platinum? Or only the one on chapter 5? I just asked as i've spent an hour or two beating Neil in Junon. So I'm just thinking that if the other queens blood game is not needed anymore I won't spend too much time on them anymore. 

On 3/7/2024 at 11:48 PM, Vitallani said:

If you liked Remake then you will in all likely hood, enjoy this. By the sounds of it, you're not in any rush to play it, so you might as well just wait for when it goes on sale.

Exactly that, I’ve added it to my backlog and I’ll play it next year 👌🏻

On 3/10/2024 at 6:48 AM, MegaZeroXX said:

Do you need to win every queens blood game to get the platinum? Or only the one on chapter 5? I just asked as i've spent an hour or two beating Neil in Junon. So I'm just thinking that if the other queens blood game is not needed anymore I won't spend too much time on them anymore. 

since you’re still in chapter 5 and I rather not spoil what is going to happen, I’ll try to be very careful. For the platinum you need some “collectibles” and to earn those you must do a variety of different tasks throughout the game. For queens blood you need to earn a specific card which you must get to the highest rank to obtain it. Apart from that you must also finish all queens blood challenges in an area that is coming in a future chapter.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TwilightSpira said:

since you’re still in chapter 5 and I rather not spoil what is going to happen, I’ll try to be very careful. For the platinum you need some “collectibles” and to earn those you must do a variety of different tasks throughout the game. For queens blood you need to earn a specific card which you must get to the highest rank to obtain it. Apart from that you must also finish all queens blood challenges in an area that is coming in a future chapter.  

Thank you! @TwilightSpira